Accountancy Forum
Shariah-compliant Dressing in Audit Firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Shariah-compliant Dressing in Audit Firms (/showthread.php?tid=4247)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Shariah-compliant Dressing in Audit Firms - Muhammad Amir - 02-26-2007

Here i want to ask from all of you esteem members of forum that can any one get appointed as tarinee in any of the big4 or the 5th one grant thronton.If he want to be dressed as per shariiah rules like wearing qameez shalwar wearing cap and also good at english with grasp of knowledge regarding accountancy plus other related things with ecxeptional quality to convay his message and conclusively a great charasmatic leader will they even afford to call such person for interview or they tell him first change your conditions and also please tell me what will happen to such person when he will go to ask them to give him interview oppertunity atleast but remember he is always likes to wear shariiah dressings

- nabeelanwer - 03-02-2007

i have seen a lot of people rejected because of dressing!

- khuldun - 03-07-2007

Atleast in AFF you get the relaxation in regards to tie Wink besides there are alot of religious people around here in this firm. But still when you are coming into this field, be a bit broad minded.

- Abdur.Rehman - 03-08-2007

I have heard, that BDO Ibrahim & Co. allows it. This firm can be rated some where betweent 8-15...

- Zafar I Q Khan - 03-10-2007

In AASR/GT you can wear Shariah dressing!

- Pracs - 03-11-2007

Is wearing pants, shirt and a tie ,.. some how non shariah ?? can some one clear that up here,, I am all confused now..

- hanifasif - 03-11-2007

I have the same confusion. How can wearing pants and shirts be Unislamic or against shariah ? Is there any dress code in Shariah ? Is thop and Ghatra, which arabs wear, is Sharia compliant dress
Asif

- Muhammad Amir - 03-12-2007

with regards to

Post made by pracs
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is wearing pants, shirt and a tie ,.. some how non shariah ?? can some one clear that up here,, I am all confused now..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

First we need to understand what is shariah it is what ever our prophet(Peace Be Upon Him)did in his life so the point here is that what type of dress is defined by Prophet(P.B.U.H) the answer is that it must not be tighted to your body which subsequently reflects your body structure and shape.now i had not said that wearing pants, shirt is unislamic and rightly i will not even say that it is islamic .I just want to ask from all of you that is there any relaxation with regards to this because if you read once again my post the conclusion is that what the dress will do if a person has lot skills in himself and contrary what the dress even do if a person has no skills but he is very styled(tip top) dress.................and with regards to your post i say that what ever which is not proved from life of prophet(P.B.U.H) is non shariah and by the way pants tie and shirt is the dress of others(Jwes and christeeeees)............

Another post previously made by hanifasif
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have the same confusion. How can wearing pants and shirts be Unislamic or against shariah ? Is there any dress code in Shariah ? Is thop and Ghatra, which arabs wear, is Sharia compliant dress
Asif<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Mr Hanif Asif it is to inform you that Thop(Jubba) is never ever defined by sharriah it is only the arab culture and their is far much distinction between arabian dressings and sharriah dressings let i ask you a question that have you ever seen an arab wearing a tribe(Pagri)over his hat simply answer is no and this is most loveable sunnah of prophet(P.B.U.H) instead they(Arabs)now a days start place ring over their hat this is never ever a sunnah............. and regarding your answer that <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is shariah Complaint Dress<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> i give you answer by an interpretation of hadith of Prophet(P.B.U.H)"JO KOI BHI JIS KI SOORAT IKHTIAYR KARY GAAA QYAMAT KAY ROOZ US KA HISAB USHI KAY SATH HOGA" this is only a mafhoom of hadith which is from (Kitab-ul-Libas Sahih Al-Bukhari)

- hanifasif - 03-12-2007

Well, as per your reply "that it (dress) must not be tighted to your body which subsequently reflects your body structure and shape"

You can't outright reject pants and shirts being dresses of "Jwes and christeeeees". Its only the way how you wear it is offensive. I am not favoring pants and shirts just because it’s the only dress I wear. All I am saying is that you can wear a decent pair of trousers and shirt or you can slip in skin fitted Levi's which would reveal all the contours of your body. Choice is yours. Talking about dresses, you can be equally offensive in Jubbas (thops) and abayas (burqa) as well. I have seen here ladies who wear burqas so tight that it conceals as much as it reveals and one can't miss to see the "things" dangling saucily. Thops are made of so fine and translucent cloth that you can see the black legs and the things in between.

So by this definition each dress can be immodest and each dress can hide your body "curves and shape" as per Sharia. Choice is yours.

- shsaeed - 03-13-2007

Dear Friends,
I read all the posts by my brothers in short i want to tell you about the dressing for interview.

plz always do that thing which is both liked by the Allah and the human beings but first prefer what the Allah said.

it is true that only those dresses are prohibited in Islam which
reflects your body shape and which never cover you all parts of body.

Actually the man always consider himself that he is the greatest thinker but in reality it is nothing like that.

so i prefer those pants and shirts which are not so much tight and which never show your body figure.

i think the dress pant (not plateless) and with shirt (not tight short body) is good and with tie and with a coat is a super dress
which always show you a great person in the eyes of others and also
it covers your whole body.

so always wear that dress which you think that it suits you and never
ask so many people how i am looking because some says ur good but some also says u r not good so about dressing i always buy pants and shirts which are good in my eyes.

instead of wasting so much time on dressing plz build up ur confidence because it is a lack of confidence also who again and again see their dress and personality , be confident and give the answers smoothly and happily.

M.ASim Saeed
B.Com Part-2 student

- Muhammad Amir - 03-15-2007

But think how embarrasing it would be that if one person had never be weared such dress but know because of some rupees he starts using such western dresses .............................................i think pakistan is a muslim conutry(altough not islamic) so their should also be an opportunity for those who are(you can say conservatives[as now a days our presiedent also says])..........................I know that Accountancy profession require professionals looking to be preofessionals .............but i am confused what to do with this problem..........And i also well aware that their are lot of people who also like what i like but think what will they do regarding their job??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? a big question mark????? for every one////////////////////////////// lets see what happens next but really i am confused

- msc286 - 03-17-2007

I think the choice of dress is more to do with the personal liking and disliking of the people. I am not saying that one should not care about the religious perspective but Islam does not encourages rigidity rather it allows flexibility.

- Muhammad Amir - 03-18-2007

Now a days poeple get confused that what is regidity and what is flexibility........islam is altough flexible but it doesn't mean that what ever you like you should do. Their are certian boudries that binds you.........Alcoholic drinks are prohibited(haram) in our reilgion but if one say that 0.5% Alcoholic water will not make me senseless so islam disallowed whatever which makes you senseless so i will drink such 0.5% Alcoholic drinks it is Hallal(Allowed) for me because it does not seem to me senseless, is this something called flexibility no dude........it is not flexibility it is devoteness to your personal wishes isn't it.....So be carefull with the propaganda of medi,a now a days because they are propagating the western version of islam(Enlightened Moderation) and for this propagation they hired some moderanists such as jawed Ghamdi(Ghmri) and like Mehndi Hassan and others................be carefull from such propaganda because reciting kalima is not whole islam your self devotion to it must be exist...........don't follow such lier's of media like Ghamdi.......they even didn't know about what the sunnah is a clean shaved Ghamdi is saying himself a Mufti-e-Azam ohhhhh my GOD May ALLAH save our Emmans and give us strenght to fight against such other proselytes

- Goodman - 03-19-2007

The dress code regualations in Islam (DCRI) has got nothing to do with coats or pants. Infact coat originated from Turkey and it used to be called "Turkish coat" then the word Turkish disappeared and word coat is being used now.

Hazoor PBUH never ever wore Shalwar kameez. So can we say that shalwar kameez is not part of DCRI, wrong (otherwise all the mulvis will fall foul of this regulation). infact any dress which adequately covers the body is good in islam and even the arabic dress can be bad if it doesnot adequately cover body.

Suits (pants coats) is neither jewish nor christian, you just have to watch their old movies to see their traditional code. Infact jewish traditional dress code is similar to that of ours.

There is one reference in Quran which can apply to this situation and which goes on to say that muslims should not attempt to look like non muslims <u><b>EXCEPT</b></u> when you are amongst them.

- Schuaeb - 03-21-2007

Hmm, then after all this discussion we can safely conclude that pants and shirts are not Unislamic, or at least they are as Islamic as Shalwar Kamiz. The Arabian dress is also somewhat similar; it’s not very much loose and the trouser fits around legs exposing body parts, however, which are covered by the Top (shirt).

Now, Islam does not say to copy the same lifestyle as it was in the time of prophet hood. One more important point is that the dress we are using somewhat cover body more adequately.

Just what I want to say is Islam has to be looked in a broader perspective rather than indulging in things like what to wear, how much inches should beard be etc.

Shoaib