Accountancy Forum
Would I be considered by the big4 firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Would I be considered by the big4 firms (/showthread.php?tid=4307)

Pages: 1 2

Would I be considered by the big4 firms - faisal.jawad - 03-09-2007

Hello All
I am a commerce graduate and have passed my B.Com in first division. Also I am studying as an MFC student in ICAP and have passed my foundation level except the mercantile law paper. Now I want to register myself as a trainee on the basis of my graduation. All I want to know is that are there any chances that I can be considered by the big4 firms for the articleship. If not, which firm is more suitable in Lahore for articleship?

- kamranACA - 03-26-2007

Dear,

Among big four, Deloitte (M. Yosaf Adil Saleem and co) might consider u for articleship at Lahore. But it is not a good idea to join it.

You can try for all big 4 and check them out. Besides, you can check Riaz Ahmad and Co. or Anjum Asim Shahid Rehman.

Riaz Ahmad and co. is much better.

Regards,

Kamran.

- capricorn_me - 03-26-2007

yes riaz ahmed hav a good repute + clients

- insaan - 03-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal.jawad</i>
<br />Hello All
I am a commerce graduate and have passed my B.Com in first division. Also I am studying as an MFC student in ICAP and have passed my foundation level except the mercantile law paper. Now I want to register myself as a trainee on the basis of my graduation. All I want to know is that are there any chances that I can be considered by the big4 firms for the articleship. If not, which firm is more suitable in Lahore for articleship?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

dear if U r registered as MFC student i would advise U 2 join firm after MOdule D in which case it wud be very easy(almost certain) for U to enter in any Big 4

However if u r regiterd as PFC student then it doesn't matter u apply now or later to firm BUT its very much probable that U wont be considered by any of Big 4

and 1 more thing i m from karachi...so i m telling U as per circumstances of karachi....case mite be different in lahore

- Schuaeb - 03-31-2007

Faisal its almost impossible that you will be considered by big fours, and even by some firms after that.

Kamran every body may not got a similar case as yours. So we should tell the facts and should not try to impose suggestions. M. Yousaf Adil may be very good option for someone and at the same time the least preferred place for another. It depends upon one's qualification and other factors. However, Yousaf Adil is not to miss opportunity for someone who has not yet qualified inter.

While registering on graduation basis one has to consider the difference in article period i.e. 1.5 years and secondly he is gonna miss the opportunity to work in better firms.

Shoaib
Shoaib

- khuldun - 04-05-2007

If you have a reference in THK, then it will be very easy for you to register for 5 year articles from there. Other wise pass Foundation completely and get a reference in Ferguson, you will get in here too...

- kamranACA - 04-05-2007

Dear Schuaeb,

I dont know where do from you relate. I was talking about Lahore office of Deloitte. I know Deloitte is good at Islamabad and Karachi. AT Faislabad, it has recently faced so many problems with its local partner and even clients have been disturbed so much. Local partner was expelled and clients were asked not to allow him or his students for audit. Even audits for year 2006 were controlled from Multan or Islamabad office. I dont know the exact reason of dispute among partners. The matter was in court against some intervention orders. I some days earlier heard that some solution is reached and the partner will continue as per courts decision but cant say it with surity as I have not discussed with any manager or partner of Deloitte at Faisalabad.

In multan its office has good local clients but not the bigger ones. The big concerns of Multan are the clients of Hameed Chaudry and Co.

Yes, at Lahore, the repo of Deloitte is not good. Clients dissatisfaction and students dissatisfaction is extremely apparent. Mr. Yousaf Adil is looking for some new partner for his Lahore office. I tell you all in advance. If any body has any doubt he can talk to me and I will tell him further realities. You must know that any expulsion or change in partner affects dierctly to students. Clients are second to them but students face unbearable losses.

For your information, I am not a student. I am in practice and so many of all these big firms are my friends or at least personally known to me.

I again confirm that M.Yousaf Adil Saleem and Co is not a good option at Faisalabad and Lahore (at least for the time being).

Yes, it is very good at Karachi and Islamabad. At Multan, it is better than other local firms.

I did not impose my views on any one. Who complained you about me that my argument is imposed on any one. I dont know how you concluded about such imposition. Any one can join whatever firm he/she may likes. It is a discussion forum where any one can give his views. I replied up to my knowledge that is off course restrcited one. If you feel that your KNOWLEDGE is more storng and comprehensive, I recommend him to follow your advice.

Attention please,

Please follow Schuaeb's advice.

Are you happy now Mr. Schuaeb.

It's my pleasure.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Schuaeb - 04-07-2007

Hmm, Should I thank you Kamran for being so kind!!

It’s a very common attitude among us all that while suggesting others we do not look at all the things. So, just dominated by our own thinking is our suggestion is. We need to be more objective. The best solution, therefore, is just tell the facts and not interpretations.

It’s almost impossible that Big 3 will consider students for recruitment who are no CA Inter. And, even firms after that i.e Riaz Ahmad, M. YOusaf Adil, Hameed Ch or others. So, despite all the factors you have stated, (They were not something very unknown) M. YOusaf Adil is a very good option in this case.

One more important and interesting point, what's the logic of adding the word ACA to one's name, May be these are those people who themselves are not confident that they have qualified. And, I would also like to take this opportunity to inform some prestigious people that they may not be only qualified people on this forum. Furthermore, we are having some 4,500 CAs, so is it a very big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, some people on this forum really are too busy with their practice, I wonder how they get time for 100 posts in a period of one month. May be this forum is the major area of their practice

Shoaib

- kamranACA - 04-09-2007

Dear,

I personally believe that the sugessions are always one's own views and one has to take well care of his own benefits or losses before taking the decision.

Now coming to the point of selecting a name. This is the matter of one's own choice that how he names his/herself. Internationally, this is a law that one should call the other with the name the other likes. I think it is not likely to be criticised. I can speak so much about it but I dont opt it. This will ruin the things further in my view. I personally feel it very very cheap to attack on some one's name, his family, his caste or his face. It's really cheap. Is it not?

Off course there are almost 5,000 CAs (little lesser than it) qualified from ICAP. I dont have any reservations on any one's capabilities. The qualification and field is one's own choice. But still if some one find this qualification in comparison to any other qualification like FRCS, FCPS, Bar at LAW/LLM, Ph.D etc, he will not conclude it to be of lesser worth. And yes, off course these designatory words are likely to be used with one's name lawfully. One who does not have this right will off course not be allwed to write these letters with his name. And one who has such right but do not use it, it is his own prerogative. This is not a matter of criticism.

Now coming to the point of 100 posts. It would not be disturbing for me if you find so many posts from me in other forums as well. It is once again one's personal matter that how much vibrant and assiduous he is. Inquisitiveness of knowledge, quest for professional growth and preference of having a professional prominence might not be the aim of every one. For your kind info, I am working on a very good post in one of the firms you named in your post. I am not a junior worker or initial level struggler like anyone else. I have more than 250 staff at my office who work for me substantially on my directions. Although it is not a very big deal, but every one connected to accountancy, either in profession or industry, at my city, personally know me. And for this, I am very much thankful to my ALLAH.

One may like to join clubs, going for hikings and outings, playing tennis and golf, riding horses in police club, swimming on week-ends and visiting his farm house/land at his village and praying on the graves of his parents at every week-end and at last but not least posting mails on this forum. Why others feel pain for it. Does it affect them. They should try to improve their ownselves.

We all should besides earning bread and butter for our families should give time to our lives and contribute socially for others.

Convoys dont stop due to barking of dogs in their ways. Convoys have to reach their destination irrespective of whoever tries to hinder them.

Mr. Shoaib along with all other members of this forum is very much respectable for me.

I only wanted to know that where did Mr. Shoaib locate an endeavor from me to impose my views on any one else. I said opinions are the views of a person. These should never be used without one's own judgement. Regrettfully, he failed to point out and hide behind his baseless objections on one's name, designatory words, qualifications and number of posts etc.

I request every one to concentrate on positive things so that we can get the benefits of this forum purposefully. Where I mentioned in my earlier post that please follow the advice of Mr. Shoaib, I really meant it. It was and is really my pleasure. Despite having so much inside information about the subject firm, which I cannot disclose on this forum, I understand that Shoaib's knowledge might be better than me. I was only affected by the words that I imposed my views on the opinion seeker. I dont believe these comments.

I feel sorry if any one takes my words personally. I dont mean it. I wrote this post again positively, for the whole of the forum's members. Try to be beneficial for others and do not
criticise the others without any reason.

Yes, if there is some valid reason, I am here to listen my faults.

Best regards,

Kamran.

- Schuaeb - 04-14-2007

[quote] [For your kind info, I am working on a very good post in one of the firms you named in your post. I am not a junior worker or initial level struggler like anyone else. I have more than 250 staff at my office who work for me substantially on my directions. Although it is not a very big deal, but every one connected to accountancy, either in profession or industry, at my city, personally know me. And for this, I am very much thankful to my ALLAH.]

Another nice example of being too opportunist. Yet again taking this opportunity for more self praise as reflected in above quote. So, all we must know that Mr. Kamran is working in the most prestigious organization in this world at the highest post, with a staff of more than 250. Wowww!!!!!!!!!!! isn't that great.

Now coming to the point. Sir, to be very serious I wrote all that in a pretty light mood. With no intention to CRITICIZE, neither I've any reservations regarding anyone's social contributions. If my post was misleading, I apologize for that. However, I once again tell you that I never meant all that (another example can be seen in first para).

[quote Convoys dont stop due to barking of dogs in their ways. Convoys have to reach their destination irrespective of whoever tries to hinder them.

Mr. Shoaib along with all other members of this forum is very much respectable for me.]

Isn't there some contradiction in above two statements? However, I don't mind that as I initiated all this.

With another apologies I would like to put an end to all this. And, Mr Kamran (Associate Chartered Accountant, Senior member in a big firm, having a staff of more than 250 people working under him, most competitive, most informed and most popular) should be very respectable to all members

Shoaib

- kamranACA - 04-14-2007

Dear Shoaib,

We cant mess up the things by repeating the words used by others. Convoys and Dogs etc is not to be taken in the meanings of the words, neither one is convoy nor the other is dog (Naoozbillah). In fact this is a phrase and nothing else.

I dont know why you feel pain for my words and regard them my self-praise. I said it is not a big deal. Have not I said? I think this did not appear in front of your eyes. Or your interior did not allow you to concentrate on it. Whatever it may be. And who does not know that how much people are educated and advanced in this era. Just an ACA is a very humble thing in God's world/universe. There are so many who are so much superior to me and one day you might be a better professional than me. In fact these educations are nothing for God. I am a very humble man. I am not equal to the shoes of those who are liked by Allah and who are loved by Allah. If I caused inconvenience to you, I feel regrets on it.

You dont know that how the achievments appear for those who were one day not capabale of getting them.

We must be thankful to Allah for whatever Allah has blessed us.

Hope this post will alleviate the pain felt by my previous post or so-called self-praise.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Schuaeb - 04-18-2007

Now no idea what to!!

But just I tell you nothing was painful to me in any post

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-18-2007

if you are selected by big 4 firms in this your present condition/status, you will be very lucky/fortunate.......no doubt

- Schuaeb - 04-19-2007

If you are taking bout Lahore, big 3 is more an appropriate word

- kamranACA - 04-19-2007

Thanks God!!!

Shoaib agreed. I am also of same view.

Regards,

Kamran.