Accountancy Forum
DONE CA...wat next??? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: DONE CA...wat next??? (/showthread.php?tid=4354)

DONE CA...wat next??? - Kashif87 - 03-26-2007

which one of the following qualifications will be better after CA..
ACCA
BA LLB
CIMA
ICMA
ICAEW
discuss considering TIME, EASE, MONETARY BENEFITS..

- unseendemon - 03-26-2007

yaar CA tou complete karnay do P

- derivativetrader - 03-26-2007

CFA

- insaan - 03-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br />CFA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

DT how do u suppport Ur choice 4 CFA???....mean i dont think there are exemption to CA for doing CFA....
i hav seen many people doing ACCA,CIMA,CISA with/after CA but not many go for CFA....

- derivativetrader - 03-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br />CFA

DT how do u suppport Ur choice 4 CFA???....mean i dont think there are exemption to CA for doing CFA....
i hav seen many people doing ACCA,CIMA,CISA with/after CA but not many go for CFA....

You're right that one cannot get an exemption for CFA papers based on any professional qualification. In theory, one should only do 'one' professional qualification that is relevant to their chosen career. However, if someone want a career switch, then they may do another professional qualification. In my opinion, there isn't a point in doing more than one accountancy qualification. If someone is looking for another qualification, say after CA, they may consider CFA because firstly there is some overlap in the sense that a significant portion of CFA syllabus covers Financial Statement Analysis. Secondly, CFA also has other subject areas which to some one interested in a finance career may prefer to study.

DT

- insaan - 03-29-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br />CFA

You're right that one cannot get an exemption for CFA papers based on any professional qualification. In theory, one should only do 'one' professional qualification that is relevant to their chosen career. However, if someone want a career switch, then they may do another professional qualification. In my opinion, there isn't a point in doing more than one accountancy qualification. If someone is looking for another qualification, say after CA, they may consider CFA because firstly there is some overlap in the sense that a significant portion of CFA syllabus covers Financial Statement Analysis. Secondly, CFA also has other subject areas which to some one interested in a finance career may prefer to study.

DT

Okkz...BUt If WE talk In term Of Ease n Time then in my opinon CIMA is a better option...coz they overlap each other a lot n many exemptions avaliable...n im not against dual qualifications...perhaps itz the neeed of the time "The Survival Of the Fittest" and the "Compettive environment"

HOwver i do agree wid U that CFA is an excellent option...But Perhaps Wud require More Efforts,More time HOWEVER Mite BE A mOre Rewarding Combination.....
DO U feel this combination to be a more monetarily rewarding combination as compareed to others???

B/W R There Any exemptions available to CFAs for Actuarial Sciences N Vice versa...???

- derivativetrader - 03-30-2007

If you are a CFA or any other reognised professional qualification holder, you can apply for one exemption from the actuarial bodies, e.g. Institute of Actuaries.

I don't agree with you with regards to need to do qualifications if there is much over lap in the contents. My rationale lies in the point of doing something that you have already done.

- kamranACA - 03-31-2007

Dears,

I agree to DT for his recommendation of CFA.

CFA is best in the upcoming scenario of highest growth of financial sector.

Currently, and in all the future ahead, banks will be the hottest sector as far as share markets are concerned, acquisitions and mergers are concerned and as far as the interest of privAte investors is concerned.

I suggest CFA after having CA.

Best regards,

Kamran.