Accountancy Forum
Worth of IBP diploma - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Worth of IBP diploma (/showthread.php?tid=4357)

Worth of IBP diploma - khan_sade - 03-27-2007

Anybody knows about the diploma itself and its worth in banking sector? I have heard diploma holders are given top priority and a job in banking sector is almost guaranteed? Any thoughts?

- khan_sade - 03-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mfahr</i>
<br />Salam,

Yes, very good in getting the job in a bank. But not that easy to clear in the first attempt.

rgds,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Is it even harder then CA or CFA itself? I was willing to go for CFA after doing my major in banking and finance but because of unsufficient funds i have opted to do the diploma first, get some reasonable jobs and then try the programmes like CFA[V]

- Gull - 03-31-2007

Salaam

Anybody tell me when IBP admission will b open and all th process of getting this diploma
im doinG MBA(HRM) is it is suitable for me if not then tell me which diploma is most suitable for me and help me in practical life?/

Regards

- um@ir - 04-02-2007

for all the complete Details, Please visit www.ibp.org.pk

Yes, the diploma has a lot of worth in banking Sector.

- um@ir - 04-02-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mfahr</i>
<br />
\
But not that easy to clear in the first attempt.

rgds,

the passing criteria is only 50% which requires some what little concentration. [)]

- khan_sade - 04-03-2007

<br />Salam,

Yes, very good in getting the job in a bank. But not that easy to clear in the first attempt.

rgds,

very good in getting some entry level job?
the questions may sound a bit materialistic but what kind of salary package should one expect when going for a job in bank, after completing this diploma.

- IMRAN ALEE - 04-03-2007

it is better to join the IBP diploma stream after u've got a suitable opening in Banks or Financial Institutions, this is my personal opinion

- um@ir - 04-04-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IMRAN ALEE</i>
<br />it is better to join the IBP diploma stream after u've got a suitable opening in Banks or Financial Institutions, this is my personal opinion

so what you are suggesting, one should go for it after joining a bank or a financial institue.

If i am not Wrong in the past it use to be for only those who were working in a financial institute. But Recently they have amend the Rule.

As far as ICAP is concerned. I think one can't compare an ibp diploma with ICAP.

BR,
[)]

- um@ir - 04-05-2007

<br />Salam,

It used to be actually for those already working in the bank. But now, it has been launched for both banking and those seeking banking jobs - it is clearly mentioned in the prospectus of it.

Banks are prefering banking diploma holders very much and it is a thing of common sense and there is no need to argue on whether banks accept fresh diploma holders or not.

The dimploma has not been compared with ICAP in respect of honour, rather it has been compared on passing rate.

rgds,

AGREED ! [D]