Accountancy Forum
growing market demand for ACCA in pakistan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: growing market demand for ACCA in pakistan (/showthread.php?tid=4371)

growing market demand for ACCA in pakistan - iceman_pk - 03-31-2007

salaam,
i m a ca student. thesedays i have been hearing a lot abt the growing demand for ACCA in pakistan & other countrie. now i m confused about either to shift from ca to acca or not, plzzz tell me demand for both of these fields........
thanx,
regards

- Schuaeb - 03-31-2007

Iceman I can't say anything in this regard. However, as per my personal opinion, the growing quantity and recoginition of ACCAs in the market are certainily going to affect CAs.

At the same time, I guess that ICAP is going to maintain its monopoly for atleast some years to come

- Muhammad Amir - 04-01-2007

Yes you are right actually their is a lack of self belief in ACCAs thats why lot of employers are reluctant to recognise ACCA but inshaALLAh in near future ACCAs will atleast having monopoly in atleast Finance Sector(Banking and Invesment), Industries......because of lor of devotion to finance by ACCA's new qualification

- iceman_pk - 04-02-2007

i m still unable to recieve a good answer from u ppl plzzz rplyyyyy

- iceman_pk - 04-02-2007

and one more thing is there any uncertainity of ACCA's future in pak.. plzzz reply i heard that they will get a liscene to audit in pak from june 2007.. is that so???? the new scheme that they have launched in acca is considered to be very competitive against pak ca???
plzzzz anwser my queries as soon as possible b/c i need to make decision in urgent....!
thanx
regards

- iceman_pk - 04-02-2007

thanx mfahr but what abt the decreasing exemptions for pakistani CA
and any other opinion Shall be entertained

- iceman_pk - 04-02-2007

one more thing 3 of my relatives living in UK & MIDDLE EAST(related to same profession ) have recommended me to do ACCA due to increasing demand in middle east, pakistan & UK. (comment plzz)

- Schuaeb - 04-03-2007

mfahr who told you that CA-ICAP and ICAEW are almost equvalient. Iceman if you want to pursue to career outside Pakistani, then ACCA is certainely better of the options, and the situation is otherwise in Pakistan. For quite some years to come it seems probable that ICAP will maintain its dominance over ACCA.

Another good option could be that one starts ACCA as the entry route for CA. Benefits are

- It is an easier route
- If you are unable to qualify CA still you get some respected certification
- You can also save time

So it may become a two-in-one option, which, as per my view, is most recomended

- Schuaeb - 04-04-2007

Hmm right, but your logic of not changing one's profession does not fit CA a great deal. Many students I have seen have taken the right decision of quiting CA, now have done other things.

I never say that CA is very tough, mainly its students fault who are unable to qualify. However, there are many examples who after wasting some prestigious years of their lives stand no where. You just consider example of your batch, how much they were and where are they now?

Some 90 students started CA with me in my college. Two of them qualified Inter in 2.5 years, and also have passed E by now. Some 10-12 are getting training. An equal amount is there who even after much time are not able to qualify inter, yet taking attempts one after another. Where is the rest 80% I don't know.

So quiting CA, sometimes, is to be recomended

- msc286 - 04-04-2007

Relying upon my professional experience in Public Practice and being a member of both ACCA and ICAP, I'd advise to stick to CA if one wishes to remain in Pakistan. I am also listening a great hype regarding the preference given to ACCA in Middle East but without any substantial evidence to prove it.

Presently there is no chance that ACCA will be authorized to act as auditors in Pakistan. It doesn't stand a chance in view of the recognition, reputation and monopoly of ICAP.

Finally, It's quite easy to qualify for ACCA membership for a CA, as the person will only have to pass certain papers, the practical experience requirement already satisfied by undergoing CA Training.

- iceman_pk - 04-04-2007

I THINK I SHOUDL QUIT CA AND GO TO ACCA

- kamranACA - 04-04-2007

Dear iceman_pk

I do not recommend you to leave CA.

I tell you on my sole responsibility that you are doing the best of the bests. Dont leave it.

If you have self confidence and you feel you can make both ends meet for qualifying CA you must not go for any other certification.

Dont get afraid of a dog, if you plan to prey a lion. Dont hide the head in sand with the fear of any difficulties. CA is not that difficult, rest assured. The guys who left it are those who are not up to the mark.

If the merit of MBBS is much more than a simple BSc, you cannot blame the MBBS by any means. Yes, for getting better, you have to put in better.

Best regards,

Kamran.