Accountancy Forum
Help me about my career - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help me about my career (/showthread.php?tid=4391)

Pages: 1 2

Help me about my career - s2dent84 - 04-06-2007

salaam to all
i have to make decision to which qualification should i go for. actually at the time this will be my last qualification after that i will be on job and continue my studies.
So i want u 2 help me that which qualification should i go for and scope of that qualification (i mean salary approximate) ACCA, ICMA, MBA(finance) or CA.
I am bcom and doing PIPFA now. plz help me about my future i will be very thankful to u
Allah hafiz

- zafar - 04-06-2007

You should qualify PIPFA and
then join CA to avail exemptions
of 2 modules of CA on the basis of PIPFA.
Obviously CA is the most rewarding and respectable
profession in Pakistan.

Best wishes
Zafar

- msc286 - 04-06-2007

Although CA is the most rewarding profession among the degrees you mentioned, there are lot of things which you have to keep in mind before embarking upon any qualification

1. Time required (CA will take longer time)
2. Job Requirements (If you wish to join CA, you;ll have to undergo practical training with a CA firm, hence there won't be any possibility to engage in another job).

On Job, I think ACCA or MBA is better option

- s2dent84 - 04-07-2007

yeah u r right that ca takes longer time. i will do CA but with my job not before that. i want u to suggest me the any qualification(with reason) which can earn me maximum money to support my family. after that i will continue my education with my job.
so plz help me
hope for positive and expertive reply

- ausmanpk2001 - 04-09-2007

ACCA seems a very good option but it'll take atleast 2 years & after that you are not guaranteed a good job if you donot have 'good experience".

ICMA will take too long as it usually takes.

MBA is a good option but if you chose any "baikar" university like allama iqbal, preston etc than it'll be a waste of time.

About CA, even if you take 2 exemptions by PIPFA, then you'll still be left with 2 modules/1 year & most of the chances are that it'll take longer than 1 year. Then there'll be articleship for 4 years. If you can complete CA, then this is the best option.

Another option is that you take exemptions from ACCA on PIPFA basis, then start working with a "big firm" like ferguson. After three years you'll get a good job on basis of your ferguson experience+acca.

Last option is MBA, but from some good business school only

- sara_khan - 04-16-2007

hey ausmanpk2001 u didn't mention any good business school plz mention it

- Muhammad Amir - 04-17-2007

IBA,LUMS...............but it seems that they only provide admissions to beautiful people if you are then you might go there...laughing out

- msc286 - 04-17-2007

Everyone is talking about choosing MBA, without giving any thought to the circumstances faced by this gentleman. MBA from an average university would be costing a great deal of money. And this chap is interested more in earning than spending. So, I think the better choice would be CA which costs less than any other qualification and by the way they pay you some stipend as well.

- sara_khan - 04-17-2007

how much stipend are ICAP is giving? are the giving to CA student or to Qualified CA?

- kamranACA - 04-17-2007

Sara_Khan,

Stipends have a variety of ranges for different intake streams. It ranges from Rupees 2200 to 2500 for graduates to CA Inters. For module E qualified, I think it is Rupees 5,000 and if some student qualifies final module F before completion of articles, it is Rupees 10,000.

However, this is the matter of accounts/administration department of my firm to transfer stipends into bank accounts of students, therefore, the rates might be somewhat different than mentioned above.

One can get its detail from ICAP's website www.icap.org.pk

Regards,

Kamran.

- kamranACA - 04-17-2007

Further to above, stipend is not paid by ICAP to a student who is doing CA Inter (modules A to B)and is a private student of some approved accounting tutor/college of ICAP.

In fact stipend is not paid by ICAP rather it is paid by CA firms.

Stipend is prescribed for those students who have joined some CA firm and have been registered for articleship either on the basis of graduation, masters, CA Inter or ACCA/ACMA etc.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Schuaeb - 04-18-2007

Some correction in stipend rates
1-Graduates Rs. 2,100
2-CA Foundation Rs. 2,700
3-CA Intermediate Rs. 3,200
4-Module E Rs. 5,000
5-Module F Rs. 10,000

These are the minimum rates as prescribed by ICAP, however, at most of firms these are also considered as the maximum rates

- msc286 - 04-18-2007

These are the minimum rates prescribed by ICAP. It does not bar the firms to pay more. Not self praising, but my firm pays well in excess of minimum prescribed rates.

Don't ask the name of the firm )

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-18-2007

tell me the name of your firm..........obviously, it will not be amongst the big four firms of Pakistan.............(;-&)

- msc286 - 04-18-2007

Yup. Not from Big four. Regarding the name, oh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by msc286</i>
<br />
Don't ask the name of the firm )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">