Accountancy Forum
Scope of Chartered Accountancy - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Scope of Chartered Accountancy (/showthread.php?tid=4425)

Pages: 1 2

Scope of Chartered Accountancy - Imran - 04-16-2007

A chartered accountant is getting six digit salary now a days. What are your opinions about the scope of Chartered accountancy in comming future if some one wants to join this profession?

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-17-2007

but always keep it in your mind.........!!!

six (6) months salary will be after gaining a little bit experience.....!!!

itni b loot nahi parrh gaii.............(;-&)

- Muhammad Amir - 04-17-2007

Thats true that a Chartered Accountant is earning 6 digits salary....but its a nightmare to complete it....because unlike MBBS,MBA,BE,BS........their is specific time to enter into qualification but no time is specified to exit....choice is yours...like in BE,BS,MBA,MBBS.....you have 4 years to complete and even if you are wors student of your institute still you may be able to pass in 5 years but you will...

- kamranACA - 04-17-2007

Amir Sahib,

To get something, one has to lose something.

Off course, it requires attention and hard working, but Inshallah if some one will do it, God will not let his efforts down. In my view, pure effort is the only requisite. My prayers are with Mr. Imran, if he wants to choose this profession.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-18-2007

Mr. Imran!

The "Golden Rule/Rule of Thumb" to enter in the profession of chartered accountancy is;

"Look forward & Burn the boats behind you...........!!!"

- Schuaeb - 04-19-2007

Burning the boats behind may be bold but isn't always a wise thing to do

- msc286 - 04-19-2007

All it takes to qualify CA is the PASSION. I am quoting this on my personal experience. Make it aim of your life to qualify and nothing will bar you from qualifying.

And, off course, remember that it is Almighty Allah's will that counts.

- Schuaeb - 04-19-2007

Almighty's will is alwalys with those who put thier efforts. There is no else crieteria for Almighty's will or fate

- msc286 - 04-20-2007

This is exactly what I said in my earlier post. All it takes to qualify CA is the Passion. And then everything is left on the will of Almighty Allah.

- Imran - 04-23-2007

Thanks for your opinion and i am not going to join this profession. Already its my 4th year in this profession but only i have passed Module C. I know its much tough to pass papers but not impossible.

- Schuaeb - 04-25-2007

Nice pace or I should say lot of passion. However, having numerous similar examples is the pecularity of our profession

- Muhammad Amir - 04-26-2007

So conclusion is that if one person's golden time in life has wasted in chartered accountancy he should once again start from scratch...my personal view is that one must do CA and try to complete it(may be in 10 years)as he did enter in it....So because now its challenge to complete rather then a prestegious place in any organisation...another thing which i found and personally explore is that you should not start you CA when you are too youg(that is between 18-23) instead you should go for ACCA,CIMA or others because you can easily claim exemptions on the basis of these qaluification...so isn't it more practicable that if a person had completed his ACCA with 3 years experiance in(23 or 24 age band)...after this he can go for CA,CFA,CIA,CMA and others..these are my interpretations and one can have different openions too.....

- msc286 - 04-26-2007

After spending this much time in the profession, now it would be better for you to continue pursuing the qualification.

The best remedy for you is to sit down and analyze yourself why you are not getting through the papers. We have the tendency to blame the ICAP for not passing the students without thinking that the problem could be at the end of the students.

You should discuss the papers with those students who have passed. Tell them the way you attempted the paper and then listen how they did it. It might tell you about your deficiencies, if any.

- Schuaeb - 04-27-2007

It’s a very negative and false tendency in the students to blame the Institute for their failure. My experience in this field so far has made me to believe that the students who work hard and have the minimum abilities required get through the exams within reasonable time

- Imran - 04-28-2007

What should be the reaonable time. Is that 5 years. There are only few CA who have accomplished to complete CA in 5 years. So may we say the reasonable time is 8-10 years. As par as the wastage of time is concern if you once complete the profession even in 8 - 10 years you can recover that time in 2 years. As other ACCA or CIMA are concerned, in Pakistan you can get the Status of Fresh ACA after 4 to 5 years experience after doing ACCA or CIMA