Accountancy Forum
Module-C Accounting HELP! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Module-C Accounting HELP! (/showthread.php?tid=4502)

Module-C Accounting HELP! - Saadanwar - 05-16-2007

Salamz to All,

Can anybody refer me the study material required to cover FA2 topics.

And From where do we prepare IAS.. Plz refer some book/books for examples and practical application of IAS.

And How should we start FA2 prep,
1) All IAS Should be done First before other topics
or
2) All IAS should be done at last and after other topics

i need ur HELP and suggestions PLZ! iam looking forward for them

- maani - 05-17-2007

I used these books,

Company Accounts from Javaid Zuberi's "Company Accounts" and Jan Lazer's "Company Accounts"

Cash flows from Javaid Zuberi's "Cash Flow Statements" and Jan Lazer's "Company Accounts"

Leasing from Javaid Zuberi's "Leasing"

Construction Contracts from Javaid Zuberi's "Construction Contracts"

Business Combinations from Jan Lazer's "Company Accounts" and Mukherjee's Vol 1

Ratio Analysis from Javaid Zuberi's "Company Accounts"

Remaining topics can be prepared from solved past papers.

When you starts a topic you should have relevant IAS knowledge, for this purpose you should study carefully the relevant IAS before
solving numerical problems, for example, read IAS 17 complete text and then use your relevant book.

Always assess your self whether you are studying in the right way or not, you can do this by solving past paper questions after completing a topic...Infact solving past papers is a must for passing ur exam...

- kamranACA - 05-17-2007

Dears,

This man Mr. Saad needs help to resolve his issues with FA-2/IFRSs. I request all students and those professionals who are engaged in professional teaching to plz guide him to their best and continue advising him on this thread. He basically needs to be guided about good study material which can clarify his concepts and the methodology of studying. Every one can contribute his experience and success story to guide him.

Best regards,

Kamran.

- nabeelanwer - 05-19-2007

Also slove ACCA 2.6 revision kit (relevent topics only) for FA2.

- kamranACA - 05-19-2007

Mahmood Sahib,

Since you have a good teaching experience, please enlighten the student Mr. Saad Anwer with your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Saadanwar - 05-20-2007

thanks for all the replies and thx Mr.Kamran for helping me out...

Guyz iam looking for IFRS practical Application book..

Reading standards is not enough for the next ICAP paper of FA-2 bcoz of open book examinations... I have solved Javaid Zuberi's IAS book but its too outdated..

- Kashif87 - 05-20-2007

PAC's IFRSs book is quite nice and is sufficient for MOD-C

- Schuaeb - 05-23-2007

There are quite a number of books available. And selecting a book depends upon once choice. Normally students use Zuberi's books for FA II. PAC's IFRS is also quite a good book.