Accountancy Forum
papers p1 or p4 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: papers p1 or p4 (/showthread.php?tid=4511)

papers p1 or p4 - rambo - 05-19-2007

what should be choosen thius is a question for mr pracs and kamran aca

- Pracs - 05-20-2007

Care to expand ? what papers are you talking about buddy ?

- Muhammad Amir - 05-20-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Care to expand ? what papers are you talking about buddy ?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
He/She Might be talking about new ACCA Qualification's papers named as

P1======>Professional Accountanct
P4======>Advanced Financial Management

In new ACCA Qualifications ACCA has made some changes like now from December 2007 Core attempt will be over the head of Optional Papers

and so ACCA has given chance for students who will pass their paper called 3.7 Strategic Financial Management will be given credit from either paper P1 called Prfessional Accountant or Paper P4 called Advanced Financial Management....

He/She might be talking about which papers to get credit from so as to become value addition point therein..........because in new qialifications P1--->is First paper of core attempt and P4---->is an optional paper ACCA has rearranged as follows
<b>PART # 3-
Essential Module(Core Attempt)-
P1===>Professional Accountant
P2===>Corporate Reporting
P3===>Business Analysis

Optional Module(Optional Attempt Any 2 from 4)-
P4===>Advanced Financial Management
P5===>Advanced Performance Management
P6===>Advanced Taxation
P7===>Advanced Audit and Assurance</b>

and so ACCA has arranged a credit from scheme to give students credit from what they passed likewise they give students a chance of credit from paper 3.7 named as Strategic Financial Management(SFM) so if any one passes the paper 3.7 then their is choice for him/her either to have credit from P1===>Professional Accountanct or to have credit from P4===>Advanced Financial Management.......

He/She Might be asking to advice him/her about what to opt-in.....and i might be wrong because of such a vague post by that person...but i think i am 100% right in interpreting it....

Regards
Muhammad Amir

- kamranACA - 05-21-2007

I could not understand the question.

Further, I cannot comment on choosing any papers of ACCA becoz I am not an ACCA. Mr. Pracs or Mr. Mahmood Chaudhry can reply this question more effectively.

Regards,

- rambo - 05-22-2007

what is meant by care before expand what do u mean mr pracs by this?

- Muhammad Amir - 05-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">what is meant by care before expand what do u mean mr pracs by this?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Meanings are very simple you need to give full frame of referance so that others may understand it and reply you at the best of their ability...

Regards
Muhammad Amir

- Astute Accountant - 05-28-2007

By the way, he/she might also be asking about P1 n' P4 of CIMA?
What do u think?????

- Muhammad Amir - 05-29-2007

Dear "Astute"

If you can read the question properly that was
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">what should be choosen thius is a question for mr pracs and kamran aca<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

he/she properly wrote "WHAT SHOULD BE CHOOSEN"....and if you know about the meaning of choose(which means choice between alternatives)...then you might not be able to ask such question because there is no choice in CIMA's paper P1 and P4
<b>
These Both are MANAGERIAL LEVEL PAPERS
P1====>Management Accounting Performance Evaluation
P4====>Organisational Management and Information Systems
</b>
so you perception regarding this permutation is going to be wrong however this can be confirmed from "RAMBO"