Accountancy Forum
Tell me about firm's test ? ? ? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tell me about firm's test ? ? ? (/showthread.php?tid=4516)

Pages: 1 2

Tell me about firm's test ? ? ? - zafar - 05-23-2007

Fellows,

Please tell me about the things to be
tested in test of Big 4 CA audit firms for
recruiting audit trainees,

According to my knowledge, they test
u from things u have already taught
in CA inter i.e Claw, Audit, Tax,
Accounting Standards etc.

Tell me in detail the subjects and
specific topics they may test.

Regards,
zafar

- nabeelanwer - 05-24-2007

Zafar did you appeared in RACO's test held on Tuesday?

- kamranACA - 05-24-2007

Nabeel,

Who was supervising / administering the test at RACO?

Regards,

- Schuaeb - 05-24-2007

Kamran, although you have not disclosed that which firm you are attached with, however, things have become quite clear

- zafar - 05-25-2007

Nabeel and shoaib,

I did not appear in RACO's test actually
I m interestd to join DELOITTE OR FORDRHODES
so I want to be informed about these firms'
tests which r still to be conducted.
Guide me please

Thanxxx

- kamranACA - 05-25-2007

Dear Shoaib,

Estimation can go wrong considerably. I have friends in all firms including RACO Lahore, KPMG Lahore, FRSH Lahore and Ferguson Lahore.

In FRSH, Mr. Qamar-ul-Islam and Mr. Naseem Akber are very kind seniors and I have regards for them. Sajjad Gill is also a good professional. All of them know me personally.

In KPMG, Mr. Kamran Butt is a nice fellow who knows me personally and I have well regard for him.

At AFF, Mr. Rana Usman is a nice friend. Shehzad sahib also know me.

At RACO, Mr. Mudassar and Mr. Atif are very nice guys and are my friends.

At AASR, I have good contact with Mr. Imran Afzal. He is very kind to me in person.

I have lots of friends in various firms at Lahore including Rehman Sarfraz, Ilyas Saeed and some other firms as well.

So rest assured that estimations can go wrong considerablly.

Further, dont unveil the practicing fellows on the forum becoz this will result into non-particpation by them on various issues.

Best regards,

KAMRAN.

- Schuaeb - 05-25-2007

Kamran, first or all, I am of the same opinion of not disclosing oneself on this forum.(although I have no reasons for this)

Secondly, had I known exactly about you, I would not have disclosed the same.

Everything is not said very much seriously, much of our behavious depicts some lighter mode. So, I can't get the reason for taking everything personal.

Estimations can definitely go wrong, but they do not necessarily based on one thing. May be on information from some other posts or may be sources other than this forum.

To add to this, I am not very much curious about everything that is not disclosed. Now onwards I wont put my estimations or information on this forum.

So HAPPY NOW

- nabeelanwer - 05-26-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Nabeel,

Who was supervising / administering the test at RACO?

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Mudassar Sb. and some senior Guys and a Girl...!

Does any body know when FRSH and MYSCO are going to conduct tests?

- noman - 05-26-2007

in the test you can expect questions from recent attempts of past papers....

Noman have you appeared in any test...!

- kamranACA - 05-26-2007

Dear Shoaib,

I did not mean to hurt you or to abstain you from sharing of ideas. Your estimation might be based on so many sources. I just want to invite ur attention that, although the estimations can go considerably wrong, such things can lead to place a cap on participation of others in the forum due to their legal and professional responsibilities. Nothing else. In person you can know me and even contact me if you like, being a student of very good firm.

Regrads,

- Schuaeb - 05-28-2007

Dear Kamran

First of all I am not heart or annoyed at all. I just said that my intentions were not to annoy anyone. I ccan very well undersstand the reason of not disclosing oneself, I just ensured that no efforts will be made from my side to disclose anyone.

Sir, this is not to praise you, however, there will be no point for me to stay here if members like you are here. I guess you have an idea about your importance for this forum, so please do not take anything seriously as I am in habit of saying things with out much thinking.

I hope this will suffice your reservations and things will continue as they were.

Shoaib

- Muhammad Amir - 05-28-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sir, this is not to praise you, however, there will be no point for me to stay here if members like you are here. I guess you have an idea about your importance for this forum, so please do not take anything seriously as I am in habit of saying things with out much thinking.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Very Very Strange it looks to me that Mr KamranACA is supervisor of Shoaib's Supervisor Laugh out Loud.....by the way Shoaib how you come to know these important facts......and subsequently you started saying "SIR"...thats great...

Anyways their is nothing very much important for Forumers that if Supervisors even "Partners of Firms" had joined the forums...this will not affect new trainees however because 99% people are using vague nicks......their are very few who are using exact nick like Mr KamranACA......

- kamranACA - 05-28-2007

Dear Shoaib,

Thank you very much. It has nothing to do with Supervisor's supervisor etc or such other vague and meaningless comments. I can even say you SIR being a professional. I still remember that when my brother who is an advocate joined his law associates as a junior his most senior boss was used to call him and others as "sir". He asked sir why you call the juniors like me as sir. You know what he replied? The boss replied, "becoz you are equally qualified and one day u might be a better advocate than me. One day u might be winning cases from me. So this is just a gesture to develop common respect levels". I know this behaviour does not very much a reality in CA firms but even if some senior calls the junior as Sahib or Sir, it will not reduce the seniority level.

Off course, any one's professional level or calibre has nothing to do with others' participation in this forum.

Regards,