Accountancy Forum
cat 5 papers or comlete cat - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: cat 5 papers or comlete cat (/showthread.php?tid=4530)

cat 5 papers or comlete cat - nakaiun - 05-30-2007

salam to all
i want to ask that does it is better to complete 5 papers of cat then transfer to acca or to complete cat and get exemption in acca i have passed t1 and t2 in june i will give t5 and in july i will give
t3 and t4 in september wt i do ?

- Muhammad Amir - 05-31-2007

Complete CAT

- Schuaeb - 06-02-2007

Amir definitely is supposed to know better being a student of ACCA, but some of my friends had chosen the other route

- Muhammad Amir - 06-02-2007

Yes Shoaib lot of students think that its difficult to complete CAT than other route and they switch to ACCA from scratch 1.1.....Yes its difficult to complete CAT because after CAT paper <b>6,7,(8,9,10 two from these 3)</b> you can only claim exemptions from 1.1,1.2 and 1.3 and so students feel that after 4 papers they could only claim exemption from 3 papers....further it's very risky to complete CAT with paper 8 "Implementing Audit Procuders" and almost 95% people left it as choice and they go for paper 9 Preparing taxation computition and paper 10 Managing Finance...thats very true that paper 8 is having lowest pass rates in whole CAT scheme and when i was appearing for paper 8 only 12 students were sitting from all over Sindh with only pass rates of (30-35)%.....contrary in paper 9 and 10 in same sitting about 1000 students were appearing from Sindh.....but i recommand to complete cat with
<b>
Paper 8-Implementing Audit Procedures
Paper 9-Preparing Taxation Computations </b>

so that life will become easier in ACCA part 2...because of this approach i gain a lot thats why i discussed it here for example i didn't take any tution for paper <b>2.3 Business Taxation</b> and preapring at my own just because of paper 9 tution so <b>Potiential Cost Saving of Rupees 7,000</b>..........further more due to paper 8 now i don't need to go for tution of paper <b>2.6 Audit and Internal Review so that another Potiential Cost Saving of 7,000</b>.....

<b>
and last but not the least the previlage I am enjoying because of CAT Finnalist are very freshning for me every time.....the techniques, tricks and i learn lot i am not able to explain about advantages of CAT Completion....</b>

- Schuaeb - 06-02-2007

So you are trying to say that joining ACCA after passing CAT completely is a comparatively tougher route, however, it professionally equips the student for combating the problems he may encounter in future.

- Muhammad Amir - 06-04-2007

Exactly........
Completing CAT is tougher than ACCA part 1 but a lot better option for carrer provoking students......part 2 became eassier potiential cost saving aroud 20,000 rupees....conceptual strength of CAT finalist is much better than ACCA part 1 qualified....

- Schuaeb - 06-05-2007

Right, however, it may not be suggested in all cases, as just passing is more important than having a good conceptual strength. So, we can conclude that those who do not find things very hard should start ACCA after completing CAT. And, the comparatively lesser skilled students like me should switch to ACCA after passing 5 papers.

You didn't clarify that which of the route is economical.

- Muhammad Amir - 06-07-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And, the comparatively lesser skilled students like me should <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

How you conclude this.... this is wrong your self esteem must always be high enough....i am not saying that you should advertise you but every time think yourself better than others(Only in Studyship)......however the conceptual strenghth is nothing to do because lot of students switch to ACCA after CAT paper 5 just because they want to become a professional scheme students very urgently this is general proposition///