Accountancy Forum
AAB requires Audit Trainees - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: AAB requires Audit Trainees (/showthread.php?tid=4603)

Pages: 1 2 3

AAB requires Audit Trainees - Ahson Tariq - 07-01-2007

<font size="3"><font face="Book Antiqua"><b>A A BAIG & CO.</b></font id="Book Antiqua"></font id="size3">
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

<b>INTRODUCTION</b>

A A BAIG & CO. is a firm of Chartered Accountants providing integrated advisory and compliance services in the areas of audit, consulting and accountancy. The consulting division includes HR, IS/IT, Tax, Business Risk and Corporate services.

AAB is an independent member of the 'Leading Edge Alliance International'. http//www.leadingedgealliance.com/

For more details about AAB's partners, services and clientele, visit our website www.aabaig.com

<b>VACANCIES - AUDIT TRAINEES</b>

In a firm where excellence underpins everything we do, recruiting the right people is a high priority. To begin with, we look for the essential qualities you will need to become an effective member of our team. Post qualification, if you show true management potential, we will encourage you to develop a wide range of skills so that you can eventually assume responsibility for your own client portfolio.

At A A BAIG & CO., developing the potential of our people, and our clients, is at the heart of what we do.

<b>A A BAIG & CO. currently has vacancies for CA, ACCA, PIPFA and ICMA registered students who are interested in audit training in the fields of audit, accountancy, corporate and financial consultancy. Interested and eligible candidates may apply by emailing their detailed resumes at jobs@aabaig.com </b>

A A BAIG & CO. is an <b>ACCA accredited employer</b>, <b>CIMA approved training organization,</b> <b>QCR approved </b> by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and licenced by it to train CA registered trainees.

===================================================
<b>Training Terms</b>
For training terms please visit
http//www.aabaig.com/career.php
===================================================

<font size="4"><center><b>www.aabaig.com</b></center></font id="size4">

<center>For Online Resources on Accounting, Audit and Finance, visit</center>

<center><font size="4"><b>http//www.aabaig.com/resource/index.php</b></font id="size4"></center>

- Goodman - 07-01-2007

Code:
Training Terms
Starting Stipend Rs. 2,000/month plus conveyance

I thought minimum wage was increased to 4600 per month. Am I missing something?

- derivativetrader - 07-01-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />
Code:
Training Terms
Starting Stipend Rs. 2,000/month plus conveyance

I thought minimum wage was increased to 4600 per month. Am I missing something?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Goodman, this probably woudl be the reason why this firm had to advertise on multiple threads and numerous times in the recent past. [)][)]

- Goodman - 07-01-2007

lets wait for Mr. Tariq to enlighten us on this issue.

- Ahson Tariq - 07-01-2007

Minimum wages are applicable to individuals having 'Employee' status.

The law pertaining to minimum wages is not applicable to Trainees / Internees / Individuals undergoing Apprenticeship.

Even the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan after its 189th meeting of the Council held recently has set the revised stipend rates (as applicable from today July 1, 2007) for Graduate / Post Graduate Trainee Students at Rs. 3,000 per month. On passing Module A & B, the stipend increases to Rs. 3,500 per month and so on and so forth.

AAB's stipend rates for ICAP registered students is as per ICAP's regulations, as mentioned on our website www.aabaig.com (career section) while starting stipend rates for ICMAP, ACCA and PIPFA registered students in Rs. 2,000 per month plus conveyance.

Hope you are enlightened (moderately)

- Goodman - 07-03-2007

lol,,,,pls. atleast work towards recoginising your staff as humans. If the parliament has approved minimum wage, pay it rather than fudging the law and hiding behind the tail and working on exclusions.

By the way, I had a breif look at your website, tell your IT guys, ICAP regulations does not allow naming clients and you have listed your stars on the website, unless of course that was also changed in the 189th conference. See if you pay substandard wages thats what happens. You pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

- kamranACA - 07-04-2007

Dears,

I wonder why you are criticising this AAB and Co. I dont know who are the partners of this new firm but the practices regarding stipends are same every where in Pakistan. The minimum wages of Rs 4600 p.m. have nothing to do with any stipend level. If some one on training feels that he has to get the compensation for his services then these must not be materially lesser than a normal professional.

There is hell of difference in wages of a labourer and scholarship or stipend paid to a student. I wonder why students feel theirselves the labourers. The hard work and load of work are the things which make the main difference. Therefore, these cannot be argued to make a trainee a labourer.

If some one is crazy about the minimum or maximum wages level he must not and must not choose to be in the training arrangement. He should opt to search for some job and he would certainly find a very good salary that would again not be comparable to minimum wages.

Here the question is not of some wages. The essence is to get through the procedures, environment, diversification, technicalities and other professional growth stimulating factors which one cannot achieve simply by going on to a job. I wonder how people ignore the intrinsic benefits and just discuss the wages levels.

Further, this AAB is not the alone case in this country. Every firm including big 4 do not wish to pay any thing on maximum side to its students. They pay only what is required legally or where some trade off does not give them cushion to do some thing else. What the regulators have been doing since ages is not some thing hidden.

Notwithstanding the above, it has always been my personal view that when a studnet would be more crazy for earning rather than developing his-self professionally (in training tenure), he will never turn out to be a best of the bests. This has been my view since the time when I was also a trainee. May be so many of you will not agree to this statement but this is a proven reality and any one can check it practically.

At the end, I must point out that stipends or scholarships have nothing to do with any minimum wages level. Moreover, comparing a professional student with minimum wage level is a disgrace for him, if we can feel it.

Regards,

- Mahtab - 07-06-2007

Kamran I am Agree With you

- derivativetrader - 07-07-2007

I think this whole argument about the stipend set by a professional body is joke. The salaries and other renumeration packages should be adjusted by market prevailing rates.

These stipend rates of Rs 4000 or something are a joke to anyone who is considering a career in accountancy and this could or perhaps does reflect into the quality of new graduates that many firm get every year. I think stipend system should be replaced with a salary that is reflective of the market rate, say Rs 15000 or Rs 20000.

- derivativetrader - 07-08-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />I wonder how one can defend ICAP's stipend rates. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It's not ICAP who is in question here, it is the companies who hire these potential chartered accountants. The ICAP would have set a minimum, this by no mean doesn't allow the firms to pay more than this minimum.

- niceguymac - 07-09-2007

Shoaib bhai

very well said "JABRI MUSHAQAT". [D] I totally agree with you.

- Imran - 07-09-2007

Infact its not jabri mushaqat because every one joins the firm willfully. it is the unique feature of chartered accountant firms and thats why there are only 4000 chartered accountants.

- Schuaeb - 07-11-2007

Thanks niceguy, at least a found some one who supports my point.

Imran one does not join a firm willfully, one wants to become a chartered accountant and he is exploited in this process. And don't know what 4,000 chartered accountants got to do with lowly stipend rates.

Derivativetrader, agreed its the firms at the first place who are to be blamed, ICAP has not given any limit for maximum stipend and the firms may pay more stipend. However, when it is apparatnt that firms are exploiting the students, shouldn't ICAP intervene? And whats the logic in using the word stipend? Do you think that a period of 5 years is justified as stipend?

Sir, things are quite apparent, such policies only mean to provide chartered accountants cheap work force.

- kamranACA - 07-13-2007

Dears,

I hope that amongst you would Inshallah be so many guys who would qualify and might be engaging theirselves in own practices.

If this happens then I would look forward to you all to pay as much stipend (salary) to your students as you could.

However, I personally do not agree that this is some sort of JABREE MUSHAQAT and that the stipend word should have been changed by the word salary.

Although in very advanced countries, the earning levels are very high, still at these countries this is called as stipend and not as salary and infact it is not comparable to salaries at all any where in the world.

There must be some logic for this same practice all over the world.

I dont have these arguments becoz now I am not a student. God knows that when I was a student even then I had same viewpoint.

Anyways, looking forward to see you all happier and satisfied.

Regards,

Kamran.

- derivativetrader - 07-14-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />

Although in very advanced countries, the earning levels are very high, still at these countries this is called as stipend and not as salary and infact it is not comparable to salaries at all any where in the world.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

At least for the UK, I don't agree on this. Big 4 take graduates for Audit or Tax (among other) practices to train them as CA and they offer them salaries (infact I haven't heard anyone in the UK calling these salaries as stepend). Their starting salaries are always linked with market rates and for September 2006 starters were in the region of £25k - £27k per annum.