Accountancy Forum
AAB requires Audit Trainees - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: AAB requires Audit Trainees (/showthread.php?tid=4603)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Schuaeb - 07-14-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears,

However, I personally do not agree that this is some sort of JABREE MUSHAQAT and that the stipend word should have been changed by the word salary.

Although in very advanced countries, the earning levels are very high, still at these countries this is called as stipend and not as salary and infact it is not comparable to salaries at all any where in the world.

There must be some logic for this same practice all over the world.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think answer to this question has been explained by derivativetrader. Now tell me is there anyother logic of using stipend except what I said in my earlier post. Or may be you can give some examples where CA trainees are paid less than half of minimum wages.

My post was never to blame that you have changed your opinion like others after qualification.

Every policy should have some logic before it. However, I don't find any logic behind the policies of ICAP regarding stipend rates and training period. Sir, training period for those students who joins training before qualifying CA Inter is 5 years. So what should one call it? I guess Jabri Mushaqat is less intense word.

Minimum stipend is Rs. 2,100. What else could I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people blame the capitalistic structure of economy in today's world is designed to provide entrepreneurs with cheap labor. And, to ensure that social class differences continue as they are.

I don't have any doubt that ICAP's policies are designed to ensure the availability of cheap work force for chartered accountants.

- Goodman - 07-15-2007

Whilst I understand the frustration that exists amongst students on the issue of stipend, I think students must concentrate on getting qualified. A couple of thousand Rs. here and there wont make much of a difference to their situation. Qualification will

Well, DT spoke of big four in UK,,, let me tell you there is not a single firm in UK which does not adhere to minimum wage legislation. All firms have restructured their training packages to incorporate minimum wage legislation.

We sought legal advice on the issue of minimum wage Vs. so called stipends in Pakistan. Both our PI insurers and lawyers advised us to pay minimum wage and not to rely on the beauty of word stipend. Its only a matter of time that someone takes a firm to court of law on this issue to recover oustanding wages/stipends.

- Ahson Tariq - 07-24-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears,

I wonder why you are criticising this AAB and Co. I dont know who are the partners of this new firm but the practices regarding stipends are same every where in Pakistan. The minimum wages of Rs 4600 p.m. have nothing to do with any stipend level. If some one on training feels that he has to get the compensation for his services then these must not be materially lesser than a normal professional.

There is hell of difference in wages of a labourer and scholarship or stipend paid to a student. I wonder why students feel theirselves the labourers. The hard work and load of work are the things which make the main difference. Therefore, these cannot be argued to make a trainee a labourer.

If some one is crazy about the minimum or maximum wages level he must not and must not choose to be in the training arrangement. He should opt to search for some job and he would certainly find a very good salary that would again not be comparable to minimum wages.

Here the question is not of some wages. The essence is to get through the procedures, environment, diversification, technicalities and other professional growth stimulating factors which one cannot achieve simply by going on to a job. I wonder how people ignore the intrinsic benefits and just discuss the wages levels.

Further, this AAB is not the alone case in this country. Every firm including big 4 do not wish to pay any thing on maximum side to its students. They pay only what is required legally or where some trade off does not give them cushion to do some thing else. What the regulators have been doing since ages is not some thing hidden.

Notwithstanding the above, it has always been my personal view that when a studnet would be more crazy for earning rather than developing his-self professionally (in training tenure), he will never turn out to be a best of the bests. This has been my view since the time when I was also a trainee. May be so many of you will not agree to this statement but this is a proven reality and any one can check it practically.

At the end, I must point out that stipends or scholarships have nothing to do with any minimum wages level. Moreover, comparing a professional student with minimum wage level is a disgrace for him, if we can feel it.

Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well said.

However, I would like to apprise everyone here that at the moment, the average remuneration that an internee is getting in AAB is around Rs. 5,000/-.

Some ACCA (Part 3) and ICMA (Stage 4) Audit Trainees are even being paid as much as Rs. 12,500/- per month.

But these trainees have completed minimum two years of internship and after acquiring the necessary skills and proving their capabilities, their remuneration has been increased accordingly.

I would also like to mentioned here that as per AAB's HR Policy, all senior audit trainees are eligible to numerous fully-paid training programs / workshops, whether conducted by ICAP or other Management Training Organizations. One of the recent workshops attended by our senior audit staff members includes Strategic Time Management Workshop conducted by TimeLenders. www.timelenders.com

- Imran - 07-25-2007

Nice achievement

- Schuaeb - 07-29-2007

Its beyond any doubt that a student's cocentration should be mainly upon qualification. So, this is not very much connected with ICAP's stipend policy./

The matter of exploitation of students remains as it is. And I will keep this articleship calling a JABRI MUSHAKaT. Further, there must not be any doubt that ICAP's policies regarding articles are primarily designed to provide a cheap work force to CA firms, and in this process the students are to be exploited.

- Ahson Tariq - 07-31-2007

For the benefit of its personnel, AAB has taken the initiative to start an <b>Online Resource Center</b> with the following objectives

- To create an attitude of continuous knowledge transmission, sharing and acquisition in each and every member of AAB;

- To provide to each AAB personnel, the tools, and help create capacity and capability of successfully achieving professional goals and responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.

This Online Resource Center can be accessed at the following url

<b>www.aabaig.com/resource</b>

- Ahson Tariq - 08-21-2007

<font size="4"><b>SEPTEMBER 2007 HIRING</b></font id="size4">

We have 3 openings for Audit Trainees.

ICMA and PIPFA part qualified students wishing to undergo minimum of one years' training in audit, accountancy and consulting may apply.

Our clients are located in various regions of Pakistan and all audit trainees of AAB are expected to be able to travel. Please do not apply if you have issues with traveling outside of Karachi.

All Application Forms (completely filled) as available on our website http//www.aabaig.com/career.php should be emailed to jobs@aabaig.com with 'Application for Internship/Articleship' as the subject of your email.

<center>For further details about AAB, visit our website

<font size="4"><b>www.aabaig.com</b></font id="size4"></center>

- Ahson Tariq - 11-01-2007

<font size="4"><b>NOVEMBER 2007 HIRING</b></font id="size4">

We have openings for Audit Trainees.

ACCA, ICMA and PIPFA part qualified students (as well as commerce graduates having obtained first division) wishing to undergo minimum of one years' training in audit, accountancy and consulting may apply.

Our clients are located in various regions of Pakistan and all audit trainees of AAB are expected to be able to travel. Please do not apply if you have issues with traveling outside of Karachi.

All Application Forms (completely filled) as available on our website http//www.aabaig.com/career.php should be emailed to jobs@aabaig.com with 'Application for Internship/Articleship' as the subject of your email.

<center>For further details about AAB, visit our website

<font size="4"><b>www.aabaig.com</b></font id="size4"></center>

- Imran - 11-07-2007

Does aabaig has office in islamabad

- Ahson Tariq - 11-25-2007

AAB is only Karachi based at the moment.

- Ahson Tariq - 01-07-2009

RECRUITMENT FOR 2009 BATCH IS UNDERWAY.

CA MODULE D CLEARED AND ACCA/CMA STUDENTS MAY APPLY.

DETAILS ARE SAME AS GIVEN ON TOP.

FOR FURTHER DETAILS, PLEASE VISIT www.aabaig.com

- Decent Friend - 01-29-2009

AAB is SHARIYA COMPLIANCE firm & not a stock listed firm.

- _FJ_ - 02-02-2009

any info about 2009 batch ?

regards
Farrukh

- danish4 - 02-09-2009

Ahson sir wht abut 2009 batch trainees???

- Ahson Tariq - 02-18-2009

Sorry for the delay in reply.

The first batch of 2009 has already been recruited in January.

However, the next inductions will start in May 2009 and finalized within June 2009. Therefore, you may apply at the beginning of May 2009 by sending your CVs to jobs@aabaig.com

Regards