Accountancy Forum
My E-Mail Message to CFA---->Am I Right or Not - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: My E-Mail Message to CFA---->Am I Right or Not (/showthread.php?tid=4689)

My E-Mail Message to CFA---->Am I Right or Not - Muhammad Amir - 08-13-2007

HI,

I am Muhammad Amir from Pakistan I want to register with CFA Institute and want to complete My CFA level 1 as early as possible I am currently ACCA part 2 student and I had visited level 1 and level 2 sample papers and I found them very good and so I decided to sit in exams, As I am an ACCA(Association Of Chartered Accountants-UK) student so I have no bechlor degree and It is your requirement that one should at least have bechlor's degree or 4 Years of Experiance I have neither a Bechlor Degree nor 4 years of experiance when I was sloving Sample paper of Level 1 I found it easier one and without any study of CFA I solved 12 out of 32 questions without any mistake and without any proper preprations and I hope after proper prepration I can be able to attempt exam eassily...

I actually want to ask that Isn't it unfair to impose Bechlor's Degree or 4 years' experiance Restriction on keen students and don't you people think that just because of these unfair restrictions lot of students and members of chartered bodies like(ACCA,CIMA,ICAEW,ICAI,ICAS and others) treated unfairly as they don't have any bechlor degree but a Chartered Certifications...because lot of Chartered bodies' students rarely go to obtain bechlor's degree...

I also think that ambitious students must have to be given a chance to do CFA this Bechlor's degree restriction is in my openion very unfair for ambitious students As I am a current student of ACCA paper F9(Financial Managament-FM) so after completion of my paper F9 I think I don't even need to properly study CFA...

It's my aim to complete CFA before age of 25 and currently I am 20 years of age....One thing more here that is ACCA has given as incentive to ambitious students that at the age of 21 they can register themselves as ACCA students without any previous qualification even If they hadn't seen school in their whole life....

It is my request to top management of CFA Institute that please do something to rebut these unfair restrictions....Otherwise I need to waste my important 3 or 4 years in brecholr degree which i don't want to do....

Regards,
Muhammad Amir

- Schuaeb - 08-13-2007

Amir, I am not very much sure about the qualification required to start CFA. However, if it is simple graduation then it never requires you to waste three or four precious years. You can take BA exams after two years of intermediate and this never requires a study of more than a month, at least I did graduation that way.

Another point, please do not continuously miss spell opinion as openion. You are repeatedly making this mistake on various occasions.

- BeL@L - 08-15-2007

You said all very true...

Amir why don't you apply for oxford brookes Bsc hons degree after part 2. On the other hand in Pak Punjab college of commerce in Lahore also offers grduation degree on the basis of ACCA part 2+one article.

i prefer this route as well for CFA entry.

- Muhammad Amir - 08-18-2007

Thanks Shoaib for Correction...

I received reply from CFA coustomer services they told me that they will forward my message to their concern personnel then he will contact me in near future...

Regards,
Muhammad Amir

- Muhammad Amir - 08-18-2007

Well Dear Belal Obtaining Oxford Brookes Degree is a cumbersome task because you have to complete a research and analysis project, even if you complete your RAP what is the probablity that you will reveive BSc degree because i heared that they reject lot of RAPs...

- zulfiqar_halari - 08-20-2007

Brother Amir,

How are you? I would like to correct you that nothing is cumbersome as far as education is concerned. CFA is far difficult in a sense that it require a preseverance and persistence approach of hard worok. Oxford Brookes project is only 5% of what you have to put in your CFA studies.

So, brother BeL@L has given you the right advise to go for Oxford Brookes or even if you can show an equivalent certificate from ACCA that you have completed ACCA and your qualification is equivalent to UK Masters degree.

Just work hard and dont give up.

- Muhammad Amir - 08-20-2007

Thanks Zulfiqar for Your Advice....

I will choose same route as mentioned by you and Belal