Accountancy Forum
Interesting information - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Interesting information (/showthread.php?tid=4802)

Interesting information - khani - 10-04-2007

My name is khani and I am an ACCA affiliate and I will join INSHA ALLAH ICAEW as it comes to PAKISTAN next year.I want to give you people an interesting information .That is the number of exemptions given by ICAEW to CAT qualified people . There are five exemptions given to CAT people so after getting these exemptions one can complete ICAEW`s ACA within few months ( NotINCLUSIVE of ARTCLES period) and then one has to just pass two papers of ICAP to become CA from ICAP too .

- Muhammad Amir - 10-04-2007

Dear Khani Are you advertising ICAEW!!!! If this is the case i wonder that lot of CAT students will try to switch there in ICAEW(as now a days people have craze to get mutiple qualifications in very few months)......

Regards,

- Schuaeb - 10-05-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khani</i>
<br />There are five exemptions given to CAT people so after getting these exemptions one can complete ICAEW`s ACA within few months ( NotINCLUSIVE of ARTCLES period) and then one has to just pass two papers of ICAP to become CA from ICAP too .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You mean that after exemption of five papers rest of ICAEW can be qualified within months

- nakaiun - 10-07-2007

how many papers exempt to cat qualified student did u know

- Muhammad Amir - 10-08-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">how many papers exempt to cat qualified student did u know<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear noman why are you so intrested in ICAEW...

As per Khani's post ICAEW will award 5 paper exemptions to CAT Affiliates...

- nakaiun - 10-08-2007

im only wanted to have knowledge abt it

- khani - 10-08-2007

There are 15 papers of ICAEW (under new scheme) and 12 of them are exempt for the students of ACCA who have completed 14 papers of ACCA including 3.1 and 3.2 and 5 exemptions are there for CAT students who have passed it.Aamir bhai meri mano to tum ICAEW ko consider Zaroor karo indeed after you pass ACCA

- Muhammad Amir - 10-09-2007

Dear Khani as I discussed previously that ACCA/ICAEW/ICAS/ICAI/ICAP/CIMA they all are generalised fileds i mean every subject is discussed in these bodies like

1)Financial and Corporate Reporting
2)Financial Management
3)Performance Management
4)Management and HR
5)Taxation
6)Applicable Corporte laws

whether this is ICAEW/ACCA or others they all have same course structure...so why people from one generalised bidy seeks to get admission in another generalised body this is just a wasteage of time if a person has completed his ACCA or CA from(ICAWE/ICAS/ICAI/ or ICAP) he she must consider him or herself to get opportunity in some Specialized fileds like
1)CFA(Chartered Financial Analyst)
2)CMA(Chartered Management Accountancy)
3)CIA(Chartered Internal Auditor)

and others

I hope you will understand my point of view

Regards,
Muhammad Amir

- irfan2003 - 11-19-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khani</i>
<br />My name is khani and I am an ACCA affiliate and I will join INSHA ALLAH ICAEW as it comes to PAKISTAN next year.I want to give you people an interesting information .That is the number of exemptions given by ICAEW to CAT qualified people . There are five exemptions given to CAT people so after getting these exemptions one can complete ICAEW`s ACA within few months ( NotINCLUSIVE of ARTCLES period) and then one has to just pass two papers of ICAP to become CA from ICAP too .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

it means one can join icaew firm after cat or also if he has passed acca part1.
Well is that so.
Also tell me what will be the duration of articulship in this case
# what will be the total cost of exempt papers.
# will there be any icaew firm in pesh next yr.Cause i m living in pesh.
thabks