Accountancy Forum
ICAEW - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: ICAEW (/showthread.php?tid=4824)

ICAEW - safy007 - 10-17-2007

Dear friends

I really need your help. I am ICAEW Qualified and currently working with top 10 Accountancy practice in london. I want to come back to pakistan.

Please advice me to plan my exit from uk. Which sector in pakistan is best to work, is it bank, industy or practice. Before existing from uk i want relevant experience in particular sector.

I will appreciate your help.

- BeL@L - 10-18-2007

Bro you talking in terms of salary of work enviornment. Well first decide which sector is your favourite and start applying online.
I observed last time in my tour to Pakistan, there is hell of opportunities over there even i keep browse their local papers.

May be it help you...ALL THE BEST

- safy007 - 10-18-2007

Thanks

Whats the best way to apply for jobs in pakistan. I can get job in investment banks in the uk beacuse i just qualified and there are great opportunities for newly qualified accountants.

I think i can work here for sometime then go back. do you know any recruitment agents in pakistan who can help?

Yar i have read your problem. You are in similar situation as i was a couple of years ago. Basically i also started my career with small practice, but i will advise you to go to middleeast and work for big 4.

- BeL@L - 10-18-2007

Well, the best way to apply jobs in PAKISTAN read DAWN paper of a city where you want to apply. like if you want to apply in karachi. you should talk to any of your realitive/friend do scan sunday DAWN jobs pages and email me, then you can email them your CV. The 2nd best way is whenever you go for holidays in Pakistan keep visiting head-offices and talk directly to HR departments. The 3rd best way is send email to your favourite companies/banks online from their official websites and trying to get a email of HR manager and then send him/her CV but with a detail covering letter specially MENTION this point WHY DO YOU WANT TO MOVE PAKISTAN because mostly they think all good people want to stay abroad but you realise them you want to move because of family issues because you want to give time to your parents and etc.
There 'r some websites like www.naukri.com, www.rozee.com.pk but they 'r not not upgraded websites. the recruitment trend is coming nowadays but not developed yet so i would not recommend but exceptional available.
Now as far my issue concern right now i am still working in small practice in uk. I would apply in middle-east but after completing my part2 ACCA because now i am focusing more on studies.
I have a list of Pakistan banks, you can browse them internet and get their contact details.

P.S If you give you email id i can forward you their details,

Thanks, MAY ALLAH BLESS US

- Schuaeb - 10-19-2007

Pakistan has got good opportunities in Pakistan for qualified sectors in all sectors. Industry may be the best in terms of pay scale and number of opportunities. Websites may not be the best way to search jobs in Pakistan, however, newspapers may be a good source. So you can go to any newspapers' website and search for the jobs there. The Dawn (for karachi) or The Nation can be helpful.