Accountancy Forum
Joining Firms!!! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Joining Firms!!! (/showthread.php?tid=4843)

Pages: 1 2 3

- 4thelement - 04-18-2008

am working for BDO as an audit senior and requirement at BDO is ACCA 8 or 9 papers

- Muhammad Amir - 04-19-2008

What about AASR(GT)???

I have heard from reliable sources that except AFF, FRSH and KPMG all the audit firms provide very few chances for new trainees to learn and the lesser involvement of partners in other firms made things worse for students.

I also want to know that if a person has cleared whole ACCA in first attempt (i.e. without any failure) then what are the chances for him to be inducted at any of the BIG-4 (EXCEPT MYASCo.).

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- 4thelement - 04-21-2008

Well whether u have passed it in first attempt or not all of the big4s would be interested in hiring u

AASR(GT) is a good firm and has great history and future

regards

- Muhammad Amir - 04-22-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Well whether u have passed it in first attempt or not all of the big4s would be interested in hiring u<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

How can you say that?

Mind you i am an ACCA students not CA student.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- 4thelement - 04-22-2008

dear amir

i have great experience of walking around all firms
i dont know much abt AFF
but KPMG and EY wud definately recruit u if u are an acca affiliate
and remember an acca affiliate worths more than CA inter

regards

- Muhammad Amir - 04-22-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and remember an acca affiliate worths more than CA inter<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I know it pretty much well that ACCA Affiliate worths much more than a CA but what would you say if ICAP strictly ordered especially to Big 4 that recruit their CA-inter before anyone else.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- 4thelement - 04-22-2008

WELL I CANT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE ICAP POLICIES, ITS TOO EARLY TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUT I WUD ADVICE U TO QUALIFY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE, QUALIFYING IN THE YOUNG AGE WILL ADD AN IMPACT TO UR APPLICATION
AND AGE FACTOR DOES COUNTS AT THE BIG4S.

REGARDS

- Muhammad Amir - 04-24-2008

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- Sunny84 - 04-30-2008

What about CA-Inter, does qualifying CA-Inter in more than a single attempt badly hampers your eligibility to enter BIG-4?
How many attempts inqualifying CA-Inter are permissible/suitable for one's entry into BIG-4?

- Schuaeb - 05-10-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 4thelement</i>
<br />and remember an acca affiliate worths more than CA inter

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

This is surely not the case on earth. Please mention the name of the planet you are talking about.

- Schuaeb - 05-10-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sunny84</i>
<br />What about CA-Inter, does qualifying CA-Inter in more than a single attempt badly hampers your eligibility to enter BIG-4?
How many attempts inqualifying CA-Inter are permissible/suitable for one's entry into BIG-4?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The general rule is that more are the number of attempts lesser are chances for getting in top firms. However, I don't think there is not any yard stick for measuring how many attempts and the chances are over. References may help and a lot of people having 10+ attempts are in top 3

- Muhammad Amir - 05-11-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This is surely not the case on earth. Please mention the name of the planet you are talking about.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Mr Schuaeb,

Yes you are right that ACCAs are not better than CA-Inter but our CAT students are much better than CA members, Advanced Auditing paper of CA Module 'F' is having the same level as that of CAT paper 8 (Implementing Audit Procedures).

So, Prospective Auditors go and see the difference between both bodies that who are mere clerks and who are strategists.

- Schuaeb - 05-12-2008

you really are nice at cuttin jokes. does it better suits an ACCA

- kamranACA - 05-13-2008

Dear,

I just wonder how they get tuition from clerks for becoming such sort of "strategists".

Shoaib, I think Amir's oblivious points are not to be taken seriously. He normally cuts the branch on which he is sitting and don't feel what he is doing.

It's always an oppurtunity to have amusement.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Schuaeb - 05-13-2008

Xactly, the thing to be commended here is his ability and sense of humour.

No hard feelings Amir, but sometimes some posts ask for such comments. I know you always don't mean what you say (of course you have a better idea of real situation), similar may be the case with replies