Accountancy Forum
Joining Firms!!! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Joining Firms!!! (/showthread.php?tid=4843)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Sunny84 - 05-14-2008

i just dont understand these ACCA people. First they consider themselves to b smarter than CA students, on the contrary, after completing their ACCA, they apply for admission in ICAP for mod-e. Well, this is rediculous, isn't it. if they r really smart-brained, why do they need ICAP's Degree to prove it. I think that CA students r much better at knowledge due to the "ragra" (repitition of papers) they suffer from ICAP, this really polishes us. Whereas its much easier to clear ACCA papers.

- kamranACA - 05-14-2008

Dear Sunny,

ACCAs do it becoz majority of them feels CA Intermediate difficult than the whole ACCA. They can blame so much for saving their side like policies, biases, prejudice etc etc.

I, however, don't feel odd in having more than one qualifications. It could be good in so many ways. But unfortunately in most of cases ACCAs do it for making a place in the market and not simply for getting qualitative privilges.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Sunny84 - 05-15-2008

Wooffff! nice analysis. applause due.

- Nauman - 05-17-2008

Frankly I am tired of every second discussion on this forum resorting to ACCA vs CA, kinda kills the whole discussion to be honest.

- Schuaeb - 05-18-2008

Others might be of the same opinion, but every instance is taken to prove one's point, so things end up like this

- Sunny84 - 05-19-2008

Schuaeb bhai! i have a question for u. it wz supposed to b my first attempt for Mod-d, i got my roll number slip as well, but couldn't give any paper due to an operation. Thus, my result was not even declared by icap this time (not even shown as absent). Plz tell me, would this b counted as an attempt or not? I'm asking this bcoz i have heard that at the time of applying for articles in BIG 4, they pay alot of attention in counting the candidate's attempts.

- fishaikh - 05-20-2008

@sunny84

Nops .. this wont be considered an attempt!

- Schuaeb - 05-24-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sunny84</i>
<br />Schuaeb bhai! i have a question for u. it wz supposed to b my first attempt for Mod-d, i got my roll number slip as well, but couldn't give any paper due to an operation. Thus, my result was not even declared by icap this time (not even shown as absent). Plz tell me, would this b counted as an attempt or not? I'm asking this bcoz i have heard that at the time of applying for articles in BIG 4, they pay alot of attention in counting the candidate's attempts.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yaar can't say anything surely bout this case. I don't know how they count attempts, earlier it appeared on your reult sheet. I think the total period spent in qualifying CA inter is counted. And if this is the case a missed attempt is also counted. However, I am not sure bout this, when I started articles the attempt I missed was also counted.

- Sunny84 - 06-08-2008

thanks

- Schuaeb - 06-08-2008

welocme

- sadaf4ahsan - 06-18-2008

I think this is a very infomtiv discussion and also a bit funny as well

I feel one should not compare CA Inter with ACCA bcos technically speaking there is some sort of Syllabus diff despite the basics remain the same
ACCA got some very good curse outlines at core subjects which CA inter doesnt cover but to pass CA inter is very much difficult as compared to ACCA
ACCA is rather an easy way to Bcome a CA from ICAP or Even ICAEW

- Pracs - 06-22-2008

I think we need to compare like with like ie ACCA with CA as a whole and not with CA inter !! it is also a rather bleak attempt by people not getting through CA inter to put it high up on a pedestal equating it with ACCA.