Accountancy Forum
I need your opinion - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I need your opinion (/showthread.php?tid=489)

Pages: 1 2

I need your opinion - Imran - 12-11-2003

Dear friends
I need the opinion of those who are doing articles I have refral in one paper of module C. Now i want to join the firm. Please advice me what to do Either to clear first module D and then join or now .......? One thing more here that i have clear Fe1 in multi attempts and module C in 2 attempts Now in refral it will be my 3rd attempt in spring 2004. Thats why i am afraid that i am wasting my time and want to join the firm. Is the decision suits me....?
I will wait for you kind replies
With regards
Imran Khan

imran

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 12-11-2003

Dear friend!

How are you feeling after passing through the electrification process of by ICAP.
Please,I'm a student of Module-B & obviously much junior than you,bcz you are seeming to be an old historical student of ICAP.I mean FE-I,FE-II.
So,I'm sorry to give advice to you for joining or not joining the firm for articles.
It is also said that giving advice to seniors or elders/olders is not so fine.

ALLAH KHAFIZZ>

<"A realm of control">

- Imran - 12-12-2003

thanks adnan for the reply Aur aik baat aur k is CA ko logon nay wiesay he hawa banaya hoa hey you have to be just consistence for this field Bas yeh aik advice meri taraf say yaad rakhna

imran

- webmoxter - 12-12-2003

Assalaam o alekum

Imran

In my opinion it will be good that you join the firm without wasting your time but I am afraid you will not be able to join large three firms

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com

- Nadia - 12-15-2003

hey imran!!!

i would suggest that u should start doing ur articles,coz afterwards u ll be regretting wasting ur time. i m saying this coz i also used to be a fe2 student and then i moved to modular system.
and i m also stil stuck with IT-2 of module D.
u know after i did Ba(while i was in fe2) i thought of joining firm on graduaion basis, but i was scared that if i m unable to make it while i have all the time to study, how i m going to get thru if i joined articles , when there wont be enough time to study. And believe me i wasted my two years like that, hoping to passs and joining firm after completeing my foundation.
But now i really regret that.
so now even being stuck with one paper i m applying for articles. i would say if u r going to wait , u will find urself exactly in my situation.

So just dont waste ur time, and go for the articles.
Icap passing system has to stay like this, so there is no point in waiting to pass completley.
secondlay if u join firm , u will get practical exposure, which is moe beneficial than studying books, it might help u to get thruu the rest of ur papers more easily.
welllll the decision is urs i m only telling u my expeience.
<font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'><font color=purple></font id=purple>

- Imran - 12-15-2003

Nadia
Thanks for your nice opinion.Not only you have motivated me but enhances my idea to start articles.I have referal in module C and now i am planning to appear in march attempt and after that without wasting my time will try for firm. One thing i would like to ask more.
Can i join any firm .....?
After joining the firm can i be able to appear in autumn attempt for mod D.......?
What is the difference between articles and intermship......?
I did bcom partI in first div and now in the next month i am going to appear in part II exams and i hope that i will get ist Div too in part II .
I will desperatly wait for your kind reply
With regards
Imran

imran

- alibaba - 12-16-2003

a-0-a,

dear u should fisrt clear u r mfc.

regards.

S H A H B A Z A L I

- ali4u3 - 12-16-2003

hi...
how r u...?
In my opinion it will be good that you join the firm without wasting your time ...))
bbye tczzz...
ALEE_RULEZ

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Nadia - 12-16-2003

hey!
Imran! one thing i would like to mention here is that while i shifted to modular system, i had appeared for fe2 exam so i had a base for audit,tax and costing,still iwas scared to join articles thinking i wont get sufficient time to study,but now i regret that coz i never flunked audit,tax etc even when i was in foundation so i went thru them easily in modular system.
i dont know about ur history , if u have studied these subject already then u dont have to worry much about module D exam. But if u r a regular modular student,then i would say that MOdule D is going to be tougher than rest of modules.
i havent yet started articles ,but i think if u dont have a base for auditing,i mean if u have never studied auditing ,then u will face difficulties in articles.Why i m saying this ,is that recently i appeared for the test of KPMG lhr,and believe me that except for a 20 marks essay, the whole 80 marks paper was from auditing. Now i m not sure ,if some initial audit knowldge is really important before u start ur training ocz these tests r all fake thing.i hope somone more knowledgeable can guide us regarding this.
So make ur decision after weighing all the pros and cons.
Having done B.com,u can start registered articles though u r not done wid foundation. But if u r going to join registered articles u wont be allowed to sit for any attempt that is due within 6 months of ur date of registration so i m afraid u wont be able to appear for the autumn attempt and that was another reason why i kept delaying my articles coz that means ur foundation will be pending for a whole year.(or may be more than that, if u dont clear it in first attempt)

Anyways!!!!!! in the end its u , who have to make the decision, we can only suggest.
P.S i dont know the exact differnce between article ship and internship. what i hear that that in other fields like MBA etc, training with some firm or org is called internship and In CA i hear the word articleship for our training.so i guess internship,apprenticeship and articleship are one and the same thing depending upon the field u r in.

Any one can tell the Exact difference??????<font face='Arial Black'></font id='Arial Black'><font color=purple></font id=purple>

- Bowman - 12-16-2003

Articleship Mandatory period of 4/5 years required to become a Chartered Accountant along with passing the exams. Period starts after getting registered with ICAP as a trainee student. One cannot become a member of ICAP and call himself/herself a Chartered Accountant without completing articleship even if he/she cleared all the exams.

Getting internship and articleship in context to CA are different things...... if you are say an MBA...and you get practical exposure with a CA firm, then its called internship but for a CA student, it counts to nothing.

- massood akhter - 12-16-2003

AOA

Dear Imran

I think now you will be in a position to decide what you have to do in coming future as most of the friends through this value forum has suggested u not to waste time and join a suitable firm is realy A GOOD SUGGESTION.

Best of Luck at CA firm.

massood ar.

- ali4u3 - 12-17-2003

i think you join the firm without wasting ur time

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- ali4u3 - 12-17-2003

- ali4u3 - 12-17-2003

- Imran - 12-17-2003

Dear friends
I am really thankful to all of you for the provision of your kind opinions..........But one thing that there are certain questions in my post yet to be answered.If some one has information relating those do deliver it here.I will be thankful.As asked by nadia......... My history starts from FTFC VII and i took classes of both FE 1 and FE 2 and cleared the FE 1 exam and after that without taking any more classes i appeared in the the special module 1 exam.I mean that i have knowledge about audit cost and accounts.
With regards
Very truly yours

imran