Accountancy Forum
icap has reduced the exemption of acca to c module - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: icap has reduced the exemption of acca to c module (/showthread.php?tid=4926)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- kamranACA - 03-11-2008

Dear,

This would come to normal, if this Musharraf goes.

However, we have to bear one of the two i.e. fundamentalism or USA.

At all times, retaliation against both would remain in swing to find out a mid-way.

Let's hope for the best.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- accountingunlimited - 03-14-2008

Salam to all of you
The conditions are obviously not good. Specially in lahore, which was not targeted before for such activities. It is interesting that according to statistics the period of mid March to end of June with special reference to May has been deadly for Pakistan from last two decades approximately.
Lets hope the trend will not continue this year.
May Allah bless us all.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards

- 4thelement - 03-25-2008

ITS GOOD TO SEE THAT THINGS EVENTUALLY LAID WELL, I DONT KNOW WHY THE MEMBERS OF ICAP THINKS THAT THEY ARE THE MOST SUPERIOR CREATION IN THIS WORLD AND ALL THE OTHER PROFESSIONALS ARE CHIKS IN FRONT OF THEM, THEY SHUD CHANGE THEIR APPROACH COZ ITS 21ST CENTURY AND THINGS DOESNT REMAINS SAME FOR LONG TIME, THE ICAP NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR APPROACH AND THINKING NOW THERE BOARD CONTAINS AND OLD ALMOST OBSELETE KIDNEYS(BUREACRATES)

- kamranACA - 03-31-2008

Dear 4thelement,

No body thought him as the most superior creation in this world. Whether any body is chik or not has nothing to do with ICAP members. No ICAP member called any one as CHIK at least on this forum. Abilities and apptitude can differ from person to person. This has little to do with specific qualifications at the outset phase. But with passage of time qualifications contribute in enhancing such capacities.

The intent is only to save some one who is going to take wrong decision about his future just for the reasons of certain mis-understandings created by irresponsible posts.

I always say that if some one makes a clear choice (without any ambguity) about any qualification and is ready to face all the after effects of his decisions, he is not covered under any discussion or debates undertaken on this topic.

Hope you are clarified.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- accountingunlimited - 04-01-2008

Dear 4th Element
The education and training plays vital role in building attitude of people. It depends how the individual digests that and implies his/her learnings in personal / professional life. It is very good to suggest someone which you believe in but the fact is that the same belive may not be true for other person in given circumstances and in good faith we say that other person has chosen wrong way.
In my personal opinion we should be open and let the other person decide what is good and bad for him rather than labelling anything good or bad under our limited perception and imposing our limited knowledge. I mentioned in my first post that everything is becoming global now and everyone has something different to offer.
As far as ICAP is concerned, they are working on it and I am sure in next 5 years we will see a change in everything from curriculum to CPD and ofcourse replacement of old kidneys as well.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards

- kamranACA - 04-01-2008

Dears,

Suggestions and guidance cannot forcibly abstain any one from taking his own decision and any one who as such has taken the decision at his own without being distracted by so many factors which I have so many times discussed is never covered under this topic. However, anyone who wishes to contribute can do so at this forum. No body among us has authority to abstain him/her.

Globalization cannot make every one to relocate. I used the word every one and any language expert could have some objection on it. And if some one has not to relocate, he/she should have to decide what is best in the given environment and circumstances.

Knowledge of every one is of course limited. May there be somebody who has any claims to the contrary.

Progress, development and change with the time is an on-going thing and is extremely desirable at all levels.

Nothing is imposed on any one.

No body can change the reality as well.

Hopefully it will not start another saga.

Best regards,

Kamran.

- 4thelement - 04-02-2008

dear kamran bhai
we always respect u and ur comments
everyone has there own approach and he/she shud be respected for that although am quite younger and inexperienced infront of u but wat i said is wat i have witnessed its true that icap has taught its members to play monoply(although it depends upon the nature of an individual), but ICAP members do not comply with code of ethics or code of professional conduct. i am talking generally not specifically

regards

- kamranACA - 04-02-2008

Dear,

I have all the regards for you and your opinions as well as for other members of the forum.

There could be problems with ICAP members, as pointed out by you. I don't wish to prove them angels. They are humans and Pakistanis like you and others and we all have so many features common with us.

Still, believe you me, as a profession, CA is the only one which has self regulation, appraisal, quality monitoring, and strict controls. If any body has any doubt, we can debate on profession to profession basis.

I however agree that most of such regulations apply where we talk about audit and assurance services. This has a valid reason as well which can never be ignored as it is the most risky and important area in this profession.

As far as consultancy, tax advisory etc is concerned, things could be seen in the context of your viewpoint. Internationally, firms are being penalized for millions of dollars due to un-ethical acts. Examples of some Big 4s could be studied from the webpages. This will hopefully also start in Pakistan very soon. But efectiveness of any such act will be minimal unless the authorities and govermental departments are also properly regulated. Unless the culture is changed, any actions taken for such consultancy services will remain ineffective. There were two concepts in taxation i.e. evasion of tax and avoidance of tax. To a great extent avoidance of tax through legally planned procedures was not considered a malpractice. However, in international scenario is concept is also being narrowed down to a great extent. I can cut it short by saying that CA profession is regulated but unless other departments are properly regulated such advices and consultancies may not be properly monitored.

However, audit and assurance services are extremely well regulated. We must not talk about immaterial cases.

Rest of the things pertain to personal preferences and behaviours.

Majority of our nation is corrupt or wish to have overnight moneys. This has deep rooted effects in this nation. This is another topic and is common in every sector.

Being a critical topic I don't go in detail but I tell you CA profession is the only profession in Pakistan which is most regulated and controlled.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- accountingunlimited - 04-03-2008

Dear All
A definition of globalisation is produced with the source without any comment to just have a look and compare of what we think of the the term and what really does it mean.
'Globalization in literal sense is the process of globalizing, transformation of some things or phenomena into global ones. It can be described as a process by which the people of the world are unified into a single society and functioning together. This process is a combination of economic, technological, sociocultural and political forces.[1] Globalization, as a term, is very often used to refer to economic globalization, that is integration of national economies into the international economy through trade, foreign direct investment, capital flows, migration, and spread of technology.[2] The word globalization is also used, in a doctrinal sense to describe the neoliberal form of economic globalization.[3] Globalization is also defined as internationalism, however such usage is typically incorrect as "global" implies "one world" as a single unit, while "international" (between nations) recognizes that different peoples, cultures, languages, nations, borders, economies, and ecosystems exist.'
Source
http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalisation
Many Thanks
Kind Regards

- kamranACA - 04-03-2008

Dears,

As per above definitions, among various factes, "migration" is also a part of globalization concept.

As far as globalization is used to conceptualize the world as one unit, adoption of all international pronouncements, ISAs, IFRSs and following all the ethical and other requirements of IFAC and other regional associations, of which we are a member in this global world, is in my view doing the needful. There is no ambiguity.

If in any other meaning this has to make a sense for adopting the professions and for finding out the bread and butter without having any regard to any specific country or locality, then there remains little point for those who go abroad for such reasons. That's why migration has to remain one aspect of this globalization and the other meanings or counterparts of globalization cannot reduce its importance by any reason.

Therefore, in my view where globalization provides an oppurtunity to have multinational / multicultural insights globally, it also increases migrations, either short term or long term. It has increased means of communication, number of flights and shipping/road accesses, media, tv channels, telephonic facilities, internet usage, cross cultural marriages, foreign jobs, and other things of similar nature. This is globalization.

We cannot curtail its meaning or use it to support certain frame of mind.

Accountingunlimited,

Thank you for providing detailed definitions and insights.

Best regards,

KAMRAN.

- accountingunlimited - 04-04-2008

Dear Friends
I hope all of you have different opinions and point of views and support to different ideas. However to have a look at bigger picture you have to look at it from a distance without involving cherry picking. If someone likes to concentrate on one part rather than whole picture its his/her choice.
Same is the case with professional bodies and its members, if we have to judge any body or its members, we have to consider majority. Sometimes we encounter minority which can be good or bad and if we base our opinion solely on those experiences, we are likely to make wrong impact.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards

- kamranACA - 04-04-2008

Dear,

I agree that what I said is a facet of globalization but it becomes vital as far as the effects of globalization are concerned. In fact, globalization cannot at all be achieved and conceptualized without enhancing migrations and other accesibilities which I mentioned earlier. It is one facet but it is most important as well. We can debate on it if some body desires.

As far as the thing which has been pointed out as minority v/s majority in above post, I must say I did not base my views on minority in specific context of the subject matter.

If someone does not or cannot agree to my viewpoit, it is his prerogative. I am not here to agree others. Dissenting people should give a test to their idealogy, remain within the definition of globalization given and emphasized, and then checkout what comes out of it.

I have to inform; not to implement.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- nakaiun - 04-06-2008

my question to kamran bahi u said that acca in not good etc..
and big4 firms r taking acca's for intership so if according to u acca is good or have not good qulity then y big4 taking them it means that acca is a quality qualification or complete the criteria of them and can compete withany international qualification specially with ca

- kamranACA - 04-07-2008

Dear,

Firms have restricted seats for registration of students of CA with reference to number of partners and qualified assistants.

Due to this, firms even intake employees to meet their human resourse requirments. Therefore, existence of ACCA or ACMA trainees is not an exception.

Further, for having diversification of their relationships, enhancing their charter as approved trainers and for other bilateral benefits, such steps are taken every where. Even my firm is approved by ACCA for training the students.

This has no bearing to what I opine.

Best regards,

KAMRAN.

- kamranACA - 04-07-2008

Dear,

Further to above, whatever I say is related to outcome (at Pakistan) after completing such and such qualification. It has nothing to do with personal capabilities.

In my view, even the capable persons who have such qualification have to face a strict competition and typically do not find what their apptitude should bring for them.

Hope you can understand what I percieve.

Regards,

KAMRAN.