Accountancy Forum
Can I Sue My Institute? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Can I Sue My Institute? (/showthread.php?tid=4959)

Pages: 1 2

Can I Sue My Institute? - Taify - 01-28-2008

Hey,
Im aware of ICAP's policy that i must be having 80% overall attendance and only then im elligible to sit in exams.

Recently i received my report for the Month of Nov-Dec and overall it is around 55% attendance when according to me i should have somewhere around 80%.
I asked them to reconcile and they are doing it.

I was just wondering if they end up saying that i didnt attend the class in this candition can i sue my Institute? I can claim that the attendance was wrongly written and sometime teachers just dont take attendance and leave the class?

I have students supporting that i have attended many classes than what the record says.
Recently my Mid Term exam also happened and the Administration made a huge mistake in the result too and i told them the same way they can make mistake in doing the Attendance but they wont listen.
I had around 90% Attendance in my Previous Module ofcourse it cant fall this much.

Can i sue them? Will it be voidable?
And if they dont let me sit in Mod B exam will i still be able to Give my Mod-A exam? I had a refer.

- oalevel - 01-29-2008

Dear Taify,

If your institute restrict your admit card and doesnot allow to give Module B on the basis of Attendance, you will still be able to give Module A exam...

But have my advice for your attendance.. try to convince your RAET management that you were PRESENT and there might be some discrepency.. if they are not listening to you then approach ICAP and discuss your matter with it as soon as possible.

Regards,

- Taify - 02-05-2008

Well,
The same was the case with another student. He was also attending the classes but even his Attendance turned out to be around 50% just like mine. We both went to the administration together and the Management helped him but didnt hear me.
Our case is same . Administration says that i'm lying and that i never attended the classes and there cannot be any mistake in the Attendance and they are not willing to help me saying They Helped One doesnt mean They Will Listen To Every Body..

Looks like these 6 months of my life will be spoiled.

- Schuaeb - 02-05-2008

Dear Taify

Try to put ur case effectively to the administration. And I think you can convince them with your logics and hopefully they will allow you to take examination.

I can understand that six months being spoiled like this may be very painful. You of course can sue ur institute, but it won't be recomendable in these circumstances. Try to convince ur management and don't give up untill theyallow u

- Taify - 02-08-2008

Well,
The biggest problem currently is that i am on complete bed rest since last few days or around a week. I talked to the administration on phone and asked them to reconcile their attenance record and that to also ask teachers if they could recognize me by my name and tell them that i indeed attended the classes and there is some mistake.

I called back after a day and they told me that it looks impossible and i wont be giving the exams. They said i insulted the treacher by claiming that they are irresponsible while taking attendance and that according to teachers my attendance is right which sould be like 50%.

One thing they said was unerstandable that i have low attendance not in just one but in all 3 subjects. I asked them for my Jan attendance as i remember i misse just 1 DAY and 2 classes in the whole month of Jan and they just said that overall it makes 50%.

I cannot see anyway out.
My parents have told me i wont be able to continue my studies and that if i want to ill need to pay all the fee myself again. I want to study. Thats going to be a huge loss of Time, Money and Energy. My life will be spoiled.

I dont think they'll let me give Exams. They are not willing to listen to me.

- Schuaeb - 02-11-2008

Phone calls may not do it. You should have to go for urself, and as papers are not very far so you havent got any time to waste.

Don't let them think that you insulted a teacher or the management it will agravate your situation. Try to go to teachers who are witness of you being regular, or the management members whom you have good relations with.

If the situation you have told is true I hope you will make it. What's the name of your institute?

- Taify - 02-14-2008

Ive tried everything. Nothing helps. Ill need to give Exams in next attempt now.

Im in SBS [xx(]

- Astute Accountant - 02-15-2008

Oh sad!!!
Anyway, cheer up! & better luck next time!!!

- Taify - 02-16-2008

Yeah..

the biggest thing is that i worked real hard.... And also attended the classes.
I hope in next attempt ill clear Exams without any difficulty..

Jo hota hay acchay kay lyay hota he... my health is also bad these days.
Ive accepted it

- Schuaeb - 03-13-2008

It seems that you were not allowed to appear in this attempt. If all the story told by you is true, then this is really sad. No one's time could be wasted like this for no reason or for an institute own faults.

However, if it has happened then nothing to worry about, and a period of six months doesn't take a long to pass.

I have a similar experience when I was a student of foundation, and I reckon it to be most depressing incident in my studies so far. Now quite use to of having Ds and Refers and sometimes but not very rarely Es to.

You didn't mention the name of your institute?

- wonk.xags - 03-18-2008

How can he "CHEER UP"? He has missed the chance yaar.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Astute Accountant</i>
<br />Oh sad!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- kamranACA - 03-18-2008

Dear,

It had been a real loss for him.

We don't know the real situation as it's all one sided story. I don't disregard the words written by him. Still, its one sided view.

However, he should not have kept quite, if this all is the fault of the institute.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Astute Accountant - 03-21-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wonk.xags</i>
<br />How can he "CHEER UP"? He has missed the chance yaar.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Astute Accountant</i>
<br />Oh sad!!!

Well, I couldn't have asked him to cry...

- Schuaeb - 03-22-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />
However, he should not have kept quite, if this all is the fault of the institute.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

He, as he mentioned, didn't keep quite, but sometimes not keeping quite may also not help

- wonk.xags - 03-22-2008

Sir Kamran sb. whats the solution of this problem?