Accountancy Forum
Qualification combinition ! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Qualification combinition ! (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Qualification combinition ! - Alterego - 12-14-2003

Asalam-o-Alaikum

After qualifying ACCA(int-stream), with aim of being at a managerial post, seeking job in Pakistan, not wanting to go for CA.. what other qualification do you people suggest for an affiliate of ACCA to go for.
Your suggestions might enable me to ponder seriously about my next career move.

Adios

saar

- derivativetrader - 12-14-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Asalam-o-Alaikum

After qualifying ACCA(int-stream), with aim of being at a managerial post, seeking job in Pakistan, not wanting to go for CA.. what other qualification do you people suggest for an affiliate of ACCA to go for.
Your suggestions might enable me to ponder seriously about my next career move.

Adios

saar
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Hi there,

I have read your query and thus suggesting few qualifications that professionals with similar background to what you have, opt here in the UK.

I don't know what is your career background, I mean your work experience etc, but quite many people try to do Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA), which is designed for future business leaders.
Also, I know few people who studied for ACCA, straight after their degree, and then went into the Investment Banking field. One of them is infact in the final stage of completing his Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) programme.
Having said the above, I still think that you would have a very bright future ahead of you, doesn't matter what you do at the end of the day, as you have a very ground foundation qualification under your belt, the ACCA.

If you would need more infomation about anything else or even more clarification about the above, contact me on ahsan_abdullah85@hotmail.com

AHSAN

- Alterego - 12-15-2003

Mr. Ahsan I highly regard and appreciate your contribution to my query. Having said that, I would be more than pleased to see a few more replies.

I dont have job experience under my belt as yet. Im on training in PSO for ACCA, previously was on training in Siemens. I only have 8 months overall industry-training experience.

Chao

saar

- the_farhan - 12-17-2003

salaam all
mr. Alterego,
i suggest u tht u get full ACCA n not leave it just at ACCA-affiliate. in this way, u will have a good complete qualification in ur hand. u will b able to get some good exemptions in other qualifications as well, like in ACA or ACMA etc.
if u r determined 2 stay n do job in pakistan, thn v all thnow tht CA is the best option ... bt other qualifications tht can get u good jobs r ACMA(ICMAP,PAK), ACMA(CIMA,UK), MBA, CMA/CFM(IMA,USA) etc etc etc ... bt my emphasis iz tht u get complete ACCA membership first n thn embark on new plans.

FARHAN