Accountancy Forum
Has Anyone Read This Book??? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Has Anyone Read This Book??? (/showthread.php?tid=5055)

Has Anyone Read This Book??? - Muhammad Amir - 04-08-2008

Dear Members,

I have recently purchased a book titled as "IFRS-WORKBOOK & GUIDE" written by “Sir Abbas Ali Mirza, Sir Graham J. Holt And Sir Magnus Orrell”, this book is best for the preparation of Advanced Level Corporate And Financial Reporting Papers, Language used in this book is very simple and it is easy to understand; Examples, Illustrations and Case Studies used in this book are excellent and they are much more than what we learn in class room.

Standard of this book is much higher than the books written by local writers for example by Ishfaq Hussain, Mr. Muhammad Maqbool and Legendary Sir Jawed Zubaire.

I will say that this book is very helpful and a ‘must read’ for Corporate Reporting Students.

Sir Abbas Ali Mirza is a partner at Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) based in Dubai.

Sir Graham Holt is a qualified Chartered Accountant from ICAEW with PwC, He is also an FCCA(Fellow Of The Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants), Currently he is the examiner of P2(Corporate Reporting) in ACCA.

Sir Magnus Orrell is CPA and CFA from USA. He is an expert in Financial Instruments Accounting under both IFRS and U.S. GAAP.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- idreesdurrani - 04-08-2008

Yeah, this is great work by Mr. Abbass Ali Mirza and co authors.

Mr. Mirza as you said is a partner in Deloitte & Touche and is co author of many books on IFRS.

- Muhammad Amir - 04-09-2008

Yes I was very happy to see the name Abbas Ali Mirza on the top of other two writers and expecting him to be our Pakistani professional but unfortunately he is not a Pakistani(so no more happiness), he is an indian.

But a great great work.

Why our pakistanies do not write books, this question is in my mind since ages when i was in SSUET(in JAVA faculty) I asked the same question from our senior teachers but did not receive any serious answer.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir

- 4thelement - 04-14-2008

Dear Amir

u r an acca student but wat were u doin at SSUET its an engineering university, cud u plz elaborate ur duties at SSUET

regards

- kamranACA - 04-15-2008

Dear,

This question should have been answered by Amir. However, as far as I know him, he has done certain certifications In I.T. as well. That's why he has linkage with SSUET.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Shahbaz - 04-16-2008

Assalamoalaikum,
this question is in my mind since ages when i was in SSUET(in JAVA faculty)

He said he was in JAVA Faculty D

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Shahbaz

- Muhammad Amir - 04-16-2008

Dear 4th Element,

I had done SCJP(Sun Certified Java Programming), SCWCD(Sun Certified Web Component Development) and J2ME(Java 2 Mobile Edition) of SUN Microsystems from SSUET in 2002-2004 when i was in intermediate level.

My actual program till 2005 was BS(Computer Science) but due to some major decline in the IT industry in pakistan has led me change my program and then in April 2005 i decided to join ACCA.

I hope this explanation is good enough for you.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir