Accountancy Forum
ACCA or CIMA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA or CIMA (/showthread.php?tid=508)

ACCA or CIMA - webmoxter - 12-22-2003

I want to inquire which is easy one

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com

- Evolution - 12-22-2003

Trust me neither is easy. While ACCA focuses more on financial accounting and auditing, CIMA is more towards management accounting & Financial management. It is however, generally believed that CIMA is the tougher one.

- Alterego - 12-22-2003

Hello dude,

It seems u wona compare the qualifications in order of there ease, which according to me is not a good idea to do when u select a professional qualification. Its not the ease but its the "value addition" that a qualification will bring to u.

So my humble advise to u is that u should inquire more into its market recognition locally and internationally, your personal inclination and intution at subject area Management Accounting or Chartered Accounting and than only ponder about your own ability to acheive the qualification.

In answer to your question I would say ACCA and CIMA are examined more or less on the same pattern and have few papers same in both the syllabies. While ACCA office in Pakistan is able to lit its operations, with growing number of students and market awareness, CIMA office is unable to do the same. There are very few institutes in Pakistan offering prepration for CIMA with nearly no institute to do so in Karachi. Further more, CIMA examination schedules are tough to digest and comparitively CIMA is expensive than ACCA.

I would like to tell u here that global demand for Management Accountants are increasing and CIMA is a premier Management Accounting qualification with its global recognition.

With all its odds I would suggest u to go for CIMA.

saar

- webmoxter - 12-24-2003

Thanks for your sincere advice both of peoples

other thing which 1 can do with doing articleship and LLB

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com

- the_farhan - 12-24-2003

salaam all,
mr. webmoxter
i personally dont appreciate the idea of selecting a profession just on the basis of ease. all i wanna say is just to quaote a statement by a chinese scholar "wark according to ur interest n u will have not to work a single day".
it means tht if u r doing something tht iz exactly according to ur psychie n nature n interest, thn u will never feel the burden n the pressure ... however tough the job is. so plz make a decision according to ur own desires n interests n dont run after scope. my personal experience is tht ur scope lies where ur interest is. if u r not good in a thing, u can never become a champion in it however high the scope might b bt if u opt a thing according to the interest, u will surely reach the pinnacle of it.
in the end, if u want to b in auditing profession thn ACCA is good choice n if u wanna b in financial mgmt n accounting, CIMA is better option
salaam

FARHAN

- the_farhan - 12-24-2003

salaam all,
mr. webmoxter
i personally dont appreciate the idea of selecting a profession just on the basis of ease. all i wanna say is just to quaote a statement by a chinese scholar "wark according to ur interest n u will have not to work a single day".
it means tht if u r doing something tht iz exactly according to ur psychie n nature n interest, thn u will never feel the burden n the pressure ... however tough the job is. so plz make a decision according to ur own desires n interests n dont run after scope. my personal experience is tht ur scope lies where ur interest is. if u r not good in a thing, u can never become a champion in it however high the scope might b bt if u opt a thing according to the interest, u will surely reach the pinnacle of it.
in the end, if u want to b in auditing profession thn ACCA is good choice n if u wanna b in financial mgmt n accounting, CIMA is better option
salaam

FARHAN

- webmoxter - 12-26-2003

Thank you very much for such a exclusive coverage

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com