Accountancy Forum
PLZ HELP ME REGARDING THE EXEMPTIONS - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PLZ HELP ME REGARDING THE EXEMPTIONS (/showthread.php?tid=5129)

PLZ HELP ME REGARDING THE EXEMPTIONS - ali_boy9 - 06-26-2008

hi im a student of cat and i have given my papers till t7 (planning control and performance management)
i want to know whether i will get exemptions in acca for the first two papers if i transfer myself from cat to acca.
besides, is it better to transfer to acca after T7.will it effect my acca studies?
hope i'll get replies soon from the seniors.
regards
ali.

- Muhammad Amir - 06-27-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">hi im a student of cat and i have given my papers till t7 (planning control and performance management)
i want to know whether i will get exemptions in acca for the first two papers if i transfer myself from cat to acca.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You will be awarded exemptions from F2 and F3 of ACCA on the basis of your CAT(T1 to T7); However, for this you need to register yourself conditionally and the date of conditional registration is the same as that of ACCA normal registration(which is before the result and conditional upon your result; If you pass you will be transferred to ACCA and if not then your fee will be carried forward for the next session i.e. no loss in either case).

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">besides, is it better to transfer to acca after T7.will it effect my acca studies?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

CAT completion brings numerous advantages.

-If you complete your CAT with T8-Implementing Audit Procedures then not only your life will become easier when you will be preparing for and attempting F8(Audit and Assurance) of ACCA Fundamental Level but you can also study F8 by yourself; hence, saving your precious time of attending lectures.

-If you complete your CAT with T9(Preparing Taxation Computations-UK) then it will help you in F6(Taxation-UK), again you can study F6 by yourself and you also need to devote very less time and efforts towards F6 preparation; hence, you can use your saved time of F6 in other demanding papers like Law(F4) and Performance Management(F5).

-If you complete you CAT with T-10(Managing Finances) then it will assist you in some of the aspects of F9 (Financial Management) of ACCA. So, at the time of F9 preparation you will need to join tution provider because only few aspects(30% to 35%) of F9 curriculum are covered in T-10. Nevertheless, T-10 will help you to a great deal of F9 curriculum.

In my opinion a combination of T8(Implementing Audit Procedures) and T9(Preparing Taxation Computations) is the best combination. I have taken my papers in the same combination and derived following advantages from it.

1)When I was in my first attempt of ACCA Part-2 I took 3 papers(2.1,2.2 and 2.3 in June 2007). I studied 2.3 by myself(on the carried forward knowledge of T9) and hence saved my time of attending lectures, I devoted very less efforts towards 2.3(because lots of aspects were covered in T9) and hence used my time in 2.2(Law) and 2.1(Information Systems).

2)When I was in second attempt of ACCA Part-2 in December 2007 I took 3 papers(F7,F8 and F9). I studied F8 by myself(on the carried forward knowledge of T8)and hence saved my time of attending lectures, I devoted very less efforts towards F8(because some of the aspects of F8 were already covered in T8) and hence used my saved time in F7 and F9.

Conclusion is that CAT completion brings numerous advantages to you, you can only feel them once you have completed it, It reduces your 40% efforts in attempting Skills Module papers(i.e. F4 to F9) means If you have completed your CAT then you can pass skills module by 60% efforts while others(NON-CATs) can only pass at 100% efforts.

Hope this helps you.

- ali_boy9 - 06-28-2008

Thanks Mr. muhammad amir...
believe me i expected only you who would answer me... thanks alot..
regards
ali