Accountancy Forum
Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA (/showthread.php?tid=5192)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Dard - 02-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />
Alone certificates from ACCA, CMA will not make any difference but ACA-Eng&wales , yes definitely.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Even ACCA is a british qualification. And in the UK ICAEW and ACCA both are equal in terms of both demand and worth

- Toronto_Boy - 02-02-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeel Zafar Janjua</i>
<br />Dear Totonto boy

Thanx for your timely response. As i mentioned in my last post that i am intrested in CMA for the fact that i'll be having 2 certifications after my ACCA(CMA & ACCA) and after completion of my CMA and getting exemption of 7 papers i can apply for job in middle east as well, what would you advice about it?

Morover other than CPA, which Accounting Certifications have demand in North America and Middle East as well and will my ACCA or CMA gives me exemption in any of them?

Regards.

Dear

People from Middle East can suggest you better. However, if you are in USA, its always better to do CPA. To work in Canada, one may consider Canadian designations or US CPA.

CMA(IMA) would not provide you any exemption, as of date, for any of 3 Canadian designations i.e. CGA, CMA (Canada), CA (Canada), or for US CPA (AICPA). However, I think one paper of CIA (designation in internal auditing) would be exempted due to CMA(IMA), but that same paper would be exempted even after ACCA or any other renowned designation.

ACCA has MRA with CGA (Canada). So, full members of ACCA (i.e. with all papers passed and 3 years of experience), can have CGA (Canada's) membership directly with minimal requirement like 2 days (I think) online Canadian Law paper.

Have you checked exemptions, total cost, and length of CIMA (UK) for your MBA. CIMA (UK) also has same kind of MRA with CMA (Canada).

I hope it helps.

Regards

- Adeel Zafar Janjua - 02-02-2010

Asalaam o alaikum!

first and foremost thanks to all my brothers for their precious advices. Actually i have read some where that in Next couple of years CMA(IMA)will provide better job opportunities in Middle East thats why i have put it under my consideration,how do you see it?

Toronto boy which designation is more in demand, canadian CMA OR CGA? As per my knowledge after ACCA and 3 years experiance one needs to attempt single law course in order to obtain CGA designation but could you kindly tell me that how many papers are required for CIMA's to obtain canadian CMA designaiton?

Regards

- Toronto_Boy - 02-02-2010

Dear Adeel

All 3 Canadian designations provide almost same access to jobs. So far, I haven't seen any yard stick to gauge which one does most. In practical life, specially in western world, so many factors like nature of experience, communication and presentation skills, networking, and age etc. play role in employability of applicant.

I just asked you to have a look at CIMA also, while considering other designations for you. Perhaps it could give you more easy route in your specific case.

As far as I know, CIMA and CMA (Canada) have same kind of MRA as ACCA/CGA have. Please check for detailed requirements of CIMA/CMA(Canada) on their websites. Or perhaps someone else could help you, as I don't know much details of such MRA. Personally, I don't think full members of CIMA need any additional paper of CMA(Canada), but still check their requirements directly from websites or from them by email.

I hope it helps.

Best Wishes

- shafqat_farooq - 02-09-2010

<font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="black"></font id="black"><font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman">
Respected Toronto_boy!!!
I m really very imprsd by leve of ur devotion 4 student councling!!

I m attempting papers F7,8,9 in ths June session.. Previousli i did CAT&F4,5,6..

I was planning to go UK for professional papers but after reading ur all discussions i feel that Canada is a much better place to live & specially frm long term prospects!! & i think condition of students in Uk is quite bad as per my knowledge!!

I hav searched a Stoufville College for AccA.. but surely the question raised by embassy wil be that <b>why i m not going to uk where lot of resources for ACCA are available??</b>? & as all of u knw that embassy's top priorty is to ensure coming back of student after studies!!!!!!

My finacial resources r quite limited so i can afford to go to one country ths moment... Canada or UK... & I m planning for one of CPA,CIA or CFA in future but this moment i m looking for AccA!!

Plz help me out to answere ths question.. though it is not as much related to topic but ur experiance will be quite helpful for me, i will be very thankful to u!!

Shafqat

- Dard - 02-09-2010

Although the question was addressed towards toronto boy, i would also like to answer it
Whichever country you go, they will ask you the reason for choosing it and why not other countries. The best way to answer this will be telling the truth. For example you can say you got positive replies from students studying in Canada, you checked out the colleges and their respective costs and found Canada suitable etc etc
You will have a tough life studying abroad, be it Uk or Canada. We Pakistanis are living here luxuriously as students. No worries of jobs, going out with friends etc etc. During your studies abroad you won't get all this. You will be a full time student and may need to do part-time job as well for day-to-day expenses. Finding a part-time job is not easy either.
Costs of studying abroad are high for international students. You will get the same ACCA certificate whether you study in Uk, Pak or Canada. Then why go abroad for the same qualification? Life in foreign countries as a student is not as easy as it may seem. I would advise you finish your ACCA papers here first

- shani420 - 02-09-2010

I agree with Dard.U should complete ACCA papers in Pakistan.Value would be same.Save ur money to better ur portfolio by getting some other suitable qualification afterwards.

- shafqat_farooq - 02-10-2010

Thanks a lot Dard&shani420 for ur great cncrn, so so kind of u!!!

i m surely thinking on issues u mentioned!!!
But actually my case is a bit differnt.. My plan is not to go just for ACCA, i m thinking to proceed my educational career frm there afterwrds(which is nt possibl in uk now a days atleast) so that i cn live a reasnabl lyf in Pakistan.. I want to go just now Bcoz right now i hv finace available(though limited) & in future its availability is looking quite uncertain due to sum family conditions!!

Lets hope for the best.. keep advising me plz.. thanks a lot again

- grgondral - 02-10-2010

List of scholarship, India scholarships, academic scholarship, college scholarship, education scholarship, engineering scholarship, fellowship scholarship, government scholarship, graduate scholarship, international scholarship, merit, scholarship application, , scholarship opportunities, scholarship programs, research, search, scholarship studies, student scholarship, undergraduate scholarship. If you want more plz visit http//www.studyguideindia.com/Scholarship/
thank you
http//www.studyguideindia.com/Scholarship/

- Dard - 02-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shafqat_farooq</i>
<br />Thanks a lot Dard&shani420 for ur great cncrn, so so kind of u!!!

i m surely thinking on issues u mentioned!!!
But actually my case is a bit differnt.. My plan is not to go just for ACCA, i m thinking to proceed my educational career frm there afterwrds(which is nt possibl in uk now a days atleast) so that i cn live a reasnabl lyf in Pakistan.. I want to go just now Bcoz right now i hv finace available(though limited) & in future its availability is looking quite uncertain due to sum family conditions!!

Lets hope for the best.. keep advising me plz.. thanks a lot again

Why is it not possible in the uk? Many of my ex-classmates have gone there recently for ACCA.
Save your money and complete your ACCA here. By studying ACCA abroad you will waste most of the money. Instead save some money by studying ACCA in pakistan. As soon as you finish it, you can go for further studies in the Uk or Canada

- cocojambo - 02-12-2010

Certified General Acccountants (CGA) and Chartered Accountant (CA) are indeed some of the most professionally recognized accounting designations worldwide, including North America, middle east & latin American countries. In UK, Africa and India, ACCA works the best but I'm not sure if they take any CGAs or CAs.

The Certified General Accountant (CGA) designation is recognized throughout Canada and around the world for excellence and professionalism in all aspects of finance and business management.

Highly respected business leaders, CGAs are well-rounded professionals with expertise in [url="http//www.accountingscholar.com"]accounting[/url], auditing, taxation, finance, information technology and management.

- Toronto_Boy - 02-13-2010

Dear shafqat_farooq and other students

In essence, I would not suggest you (or to any other student of ACCA) to go to any other country just to complete ACCA education. Job experience and citizenship are other things, which would be comparatively more difficult to get due to change required in visa status from “student” to “work”. What is the benefit of passing same exams from any other country which are already available in Pakistan?

Dear, perhaps you don't know how many difficulties you would have to go through, if you go out of your home in Pakistan, to any other country, to get the same qualification. It seems un-necessary to me.

In my view, you should complete ACCA in Pakistan, in final stage of ACCA you may start a job, so you would have 3 years required experience soon after passing all papers of ACCA. Such experience would also satisfy Canadian immigration requirement too. After ACCA membership, you may get CGA membership too. Immigration process has been fast tracked these days. So, I see you in Canada in next about 3 to 4 years, but that would be on very sound ground rather than on student visa with incomplete education. It would make you in earning mode rather than spending mode. You only need to live for 3 years to have your Canadian citizenship, after which you may revert back to Pakistan. During those 3 years, you may do other studies which you mentioned above, if you want, otherwise just get some foreign exposure and go back to your family in Pakistan.

My dear ALL students, take my words very seriously, as someone said above, you guys are living a luxurious life while being with parents, when sisters iron your clothing, mom prepares “undaa paratha”, and dad gives a ride to exam centre. Also, your parents spend their hard earned savings on your education. Once you are out of nest, you would be at your own, facing hard realities of outside life. So, you should be very serious to use this easiest time of your life to get highest possible education.

Dear ALL students, I wanna make it quite clear to you that, life out of your home and outside Pakistan is not a bed of roses. Perhaps you have listened these words before, but unless you would experience it yourself some time in your future life, you cannot find the actual taste of it. Moreover, I have never been in favor of going out of Pakistan for study purpose for <b>intermediate stage </b> of education/degree/ or qualification which one can achieve in Pakistan like 4 years degree or ACCA etc., unless there is some other reason like whole family is moving out of Pakistan so one would have to go with the family too. However, I am in favor of achieving <b>final level </b> of education like MS/ MBA/ MD/MA or PhD etc. <b>and</b> experience/ exposure from abroad to have cutting edge.

This is another reason when I ask interested students who wanna go abroad to plan ahead and utilize all resources available at home to prepare a sound ground for career. Achieve maximum possible education available at your home first, and then if you are interested, go abroad to do further advancement.

All ACCA exams and material is same worldwide. There is no difference in passing same exam from Pakistan or anywhere else. Same is the case with all other global designations available these days in Pakistan like CIMA, ICAEW, CFA, CMA (IMA), CIA, CISA etc. etc. Though work experience is different in different countries and industries which is actual niche of each qualified competitor these days. I am in favor of getting this foreign exposure and experience, but I wanna make it explicit that changing visa status from "student" to "work", which is a mandatory requirement for job, has never been an easy task in any western country.

Immigration to western countries (like Canada) for educated/experienced people is open for last many years, and would likely be remain open in foreseeable future. Also, global designations are available in Pakistan these days, which was even not the case 15 years back, even degrees from private sector (HEC approved) universities can be achieved. So, get these in Pakistan and go abroad later, if you want, with sound back-up education.

One more point. The total cost of all ACCA exams/ material in Pakistan would be near to one return ticket from Pakistan to Canada these days, leave all other costs of completing it in Canada aside. Further, Stoufville college is very expensive and Pakistan’s “tuition centre or academy” kind of “college”. So, don’t expect much. Even you can learn more from a qualified instructor in Pakistan.

I don’t wanna go in details of what happens to most of students who come here before completing 16 years of schooling. How miserable their life becomes, what do the do to earn money, how much time they spend at home for washing/ cooking/ cleaning etc. How many hours per week they work, nature of work, rate per hour, legal/illegal work, exploitation, cries, broken dreams etc. etc. Similarly, how they try to find local girls to have paper marriage or perhaps real marriage to try to eventually change to legal status.

Believe me, it’s a hard way. First, complete your studies in Pakistan at most possible qualification/ degree level, and then think about going abroad. However, you should plan it now if you have a dream, to get it in effective and efficient manner.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes to all of you

- Dard - 02-13-2010

Rightly said toronto boy. Many PpL here think life abroad is heaven Tall buildings, English PpL, advance technologies etc etc. These things maybe there in foreign countries, but life is much more than all this. Complete your bachelors or professional qualifications here. Then go abroad for higher education or work

Dear students

Though I know that you must have listened it many times, but I just want to assure you again.

Study and education is <b>the easiest thing </b> in life that you can do and <b>the easiest time </b> to get it is while living with your parents. So, concentrate on your studies and get as much as possible before you would be at your own.

Best wishes

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Many PpL here think life abroad is heaven<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Dard

Well the thing is, people are not much wrong in thinking so, specially if they compare current problems they face every day. But the point is, as always, there is a "price" of living a good life in "heaven", which is "preparation".

So, the people who are "prepared" well and ready to pay the price, live a good life in "heaven".

However, our people are so humble that without doing enough "preparation", become happy if they just get a corner to live in "heaven", even at its lowest level.

By the way, I am writing on this forum for some time but still have slightly more than 450 posts, though comparatively you are a new poster, have crossed 300 milestone...Just kidding, keep it up...Congrats and Cheers[)]

Regards