Accountancy Forum
Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA (/showthread.php?tid=5192)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Dard - 03-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by overman</i>
<br />Good greetings,

In response to one of the quotes that
"financial auditors and managers" will be taken
off the list 'NOC' can any please expound on this
some more. Any expectations when this could take
effect and where developments and or discussions
could be tracked/followed?

Thanks in advance.

Overman77@gmail.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
An approved canadian immigration consultant in Pakistan was interviewed in a magazine. In an answer to a question, he informed that financial managers and auditors/accountants and other categories will be out of the list of NOC because of vast number of applications. It was currently under review and a decision will be made in sometime this year

- waqas khursheed - 03-06-2010

Dear All
I am ACCA student in Pakistan.I will qualify InshaAllah in Dec 10.I have no work experince at all.I have some arrangement of family sponsorship for Canada.Can i get ACCA training in Canada in audit firms?Will it suitable for me to come to canada without work experience?
Regards

p

- Toronto_Boy - 03-07-2010

Try your luck. Audit firms do not provide training toward ACCA, but toward Canadian CA. Though if you get a chance then why not, do that. Pakistani experience is usually not acceptable to Canadian employers. So, it does not matter.

- waqas khursheed - 03-07-2010

Thanks for your reply.Are CGA is charter holder in all Canada?What is reputation of CGA's r they compete with CA's in Canada?
Regards
Waqas khursheed

Three main Canadian associations are CA/CGA/CMA. All 3 are present in all provinces and compete with each other.

Thanks again
MRA between CGA and ACCA will end in Dec 12.There is rumour here that this MRA will not renew.What do you think whats your opinion?

Dear Waqas

As Pakistani I know that some of us are quite -ve minded that they do ill wishes for the things they do not have and other have. Such sort of negativity is one of the reasons for our collective state today.

I am not a "tota (parrot) najomi" like them so I don't know about future events.

However, one thing at-least I can say is that CGA and ACCA had quite a good working relationship even before this MRA. So, even if such MRA is terminated in future, CGA would provide maximum possible exemptions to ACCA, which in any case it would NOT provide to Pakistani designations holders. So, don't worry about it and if someone say you this "tota najoomi peshangoi (statement)" next time, just ask his affiliation from the association, and tell him CGA is not going to provide more exemptions to his association even if such MRA is terminated. In any case CGA would provide more exemptions to ACCA MANY MORE THAN to any other designation holder from Pakistan, because CGA has manyfold better working relations with ACCA, comprised of many years as compared with Pakistani associations.

Moreover, all 3 UK associations want presence in North America. So, CIMA has MRA with CMA(Canada), and ICAEW has recognition with CICA, and ACCA has MRA with CGA. Now, why ACCA would terminate MRA when 2 other UK associations would have MRAs with Canadian associations? Why ACCA would lose ground in Canada as compared to CIMA/ICAEW? Similarly, 3 main Canadian associations i.e. CICA, CMA (Canada), and CGA are competitive to each other. Why CGA would terminate such MRA if its competitive bodies (i.e. CICA/CMA) have MRAs with CIMA and ICAEW? Why CGA would increase competitive advantage of its competitive bodies (i.e. CICA/CMA)? Why CGA would lose source of revenues (from ACCA members) when its competitive bodies (CICA/CMA) would be reaping the same with CIMA/ICAEW members? Why CGA would lose its presence in other parts of the world through ACCA members specially in Europe/UK when its competitive bodies (CICA/CMA) would keep through ICAEW/CIMA? So, ask the person who say you such things, what is his/her opinion about CIMA/CMA and ICAEW/CICA mutual recognitions. What do they think about such MRAs. Are they going to terminate too? Why don't they spread such negative rumours about CIMA or ICAEW?

Alas! what a low life such mentaly sick people are. Afsos, ham main say kutch log doosron ki tarraqi nahi daikh saktay, balkay doosron ko tarraqi kartay daikh kar onki tangain khainchtay (leg pulling) hain.

Regards

Thanks Toronto_Boy
I have got so much from your posts.Point you raised are logical.
Hoping that you help people in same way
Regards

- Raj soni - 03-26-2010

Dear toronto boy first of all accept my congratulations for helping students and future immigrants to canada,by showing them right way with the help of your knowldge.i really appreciate it.my question is that can anyone get student visa for CFA studies?as in my view its not full time studies immigration dept may refuse study visa for it.other question about cga.how to approch cga after passing all 14 acca papers and getting obu degree but before getting 3years work expirience?i mean to say as MRA is applicable to acca members only,which other way is fastest to become cga?waiting for your valueable reply.thanks a lot for all the information given by you earlier in this forum and specially in this thread.

- Toronto_Boy - 03-27-2010

Dear Raj

As I am not immigration consultant, I don't know the exact answer to your question about student visa for CFA. However, some Canadian universities have study programs that are helpful toward CFA preparation. So, if someone gets admission in one of those programs then he/she may apply for student visa.

Yes, ACCA CGA MRA is for members only. Unfortunately I don't know any other faster way. ACCA affiliates or students may get their evaluation from CGA which may give them exemptions upto level before pace level. But most likely those students would have to complete pace (final)level. Pace level alone may take 2 or more years to complete. So, in my view, if a student cannot wait till becoming member, he/she should start a relevant job in addition to ACCA studies. So, by the time he would complete ACCA exams, he would have completed or would be near to complete required experience to become ACCA member. Then he may apply for CGA membership.

I hope it helps.

Regards

- Raj soni - 03-28-2010

Dear toronto boy thanks a lot for quick and informative reply.

- williamparkar - 04-13-2010

it an important tip that FRM is very helpful and demanding in Banking sector. If i am not wrong it actually covers the invesment banking sector..

[url="http//idiotsandgenious.blogspot.com/"]Education[/url]

- romius - 04-27-2010

Dear Toronto_Boy. Please, give me your advice.
I’m from Russia. I’m 31 years old with master degree in economics. I’m CFA level 2 candidate and intend to get all 3 levels ASAP. I have work experience in investment, corporate finance (more than 6 years). Planning to immigrate to Canada (Toronto) under the skilled worker program. What do I need to add to my education (if anything) to get a job in investment/finance (not accounting) field in Canada?

- Toronto_Boy - 04-29-2010

Dear romius

You already have enough qualification to land a job in investment industry/ banks etc. Just concentrate on finishing CFA soon to get more paying jobs here. So, you are already on right track.

Once you are here, you may consider few specific additional courses from Canadian Securities Institute. https//www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/home.xhtml

Regards

- citi girl - 04-29-2010

Hi Toronto boy,

Thanks for setting up this forum, its very informative for accountants who would like to work in canada.

Is ICMA certification valid in Canada?

Best regards,
Citi girl