Accountancy Forum
Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA (/showthread.php?tid=5192)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Toronto_Boy - 03-12-2009

Dears

Why don't expats send their kids in government Arabic medium schools. At-least muslims should not have any problem. Is there any quality/standard issue with local schools? Don't they have English at-least as a subject in local schools. Even if schools don't teach, kids can get tuition to learn English but save money on private schools. I am saying it because all over the world kids go in local public schools no matter what the medium of instructions is.

Could someone elaborate it further.

Regards

- sumairalam - 03-12-2009

Dear ,

Because we are expats not the resident (in sense of Canadian Resident), we have to go back to our country after some period of time. This time period depends on various factors and can vary from 3 months to 30 years.

Expats from various parts of the world decide their child's education as per their home country schooling system or according to their future plans . For example if a person from Egypt wants to migrate to Canada he will try to put his child in English speaking school.

In respect of Pakistan /India Arabic is not a school language, therefore we try to put our child in English Speaking School. But People from Egypt Sudan etc normally use the public school as Arabic is widely accepted in their home countries.

About quality of education , If today UAE announced immigration system 80% of the parents will transfer their child into Arabic Schools.

- CFANerd - 03-18-2009

People! don't forget to take your fur jackets when traveling to Canada. It is very cold there.
There should be a thread where people could be given some notes on how to deal with harsh weather in Canada.
For JAHAZ COMMUNITY, Quebec is your mini Amsterdam.
[D]

- CFANerd - 03-18-2009

rabia! Benefits in US? I wish you could see me laughing. I am going hysteric here. US doesn't believe in any benefits unless your a KULLOO means HABSHI or HASPANVI BASHINDA means you can sing HEY MACARENA and that too is just because they are biggest voting banks for politicians. You feed them you get the votes. I havent had health insurance since ive been here. Yeah if you are dying your life will be saved but then it ll be enslaved.

TORONTO BOY. Yeah your country is a welfare state so you support all the HUD HARAM people's living. I am on northeast, sales tax is around 6%, NY has higher bout 8%. Varies state to state.

Sometimes I truly believe in how God has kept the balance in everything. Just imagine if muslims were ruling the world, how would we people from Pakistan and other countries be treated.I bet the treatment thats given to foreigners in Middle East is just PRICELESS.[B)]
What are they so proud of that they don't allow people to be the residents or citizens of their countries? Are they afraid that people from other countries, especially from Pakistan, steal the sand from desert to mix it with cement for construction?
I not advocating west but everything goes comparatively. There is no perfect society in the world, but just compare and contemplate.

This is how I look at the world
Pakistanis abused by Arabs
Arabs abused by Americans
Americans Abused by Yahoodiz
and this the best part
Yahoodiz cursed by God.

So we all are moving in circle except God Almighty.

- rabia-k - 03-18-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CFANerd</i>
<br />rabia! Benefits in US? I wish you could see me laughing. I am going hysteric here. US doesn't believe in any benefits unless your a KULLOO means HABSHI or HASPANVI BASHINDA means you can sing HEY MACARENA and that too is just because they are biggest voting banks for politicians. You feed them you get the votes. I havent had health insurance since ive been here. Yeah if you are dying your life will be saved but then it ll be enslaved. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

are you day dreaming? i didnt make a statement from my own.

[/quote]
and this the best part
Yahoodiz cursed by God.

So we all are moving in circle except God Almighty. [/quote]

so whose pulling the circle?

- Toronto_Boy - 03-19-2009

Dear CFANerd

I was laughing while reading two of your above posts. I think Toronto is same as NY City or Windy City Chicago. Most of the nothern US States have almost the same temperature as Southern Canadian provinces which are neighbour of those states. One can live in British Columbia (in Vancouver city) where temperature almost remain positive even in winters.

And don't keep an eye on money with Canadian government. You know it is far better to give that money to some Had Harams rathers than to US government for allied defence shield programs which they are trying since long.

You see, even 8% sales tax in NY is far less than 13% in Ontario. Specially when Canadian base prices are also much higher than American prices, except for medicines. Also, minimum individual tax rate starts from 29%.

Regards

- sumairalam - 03-19-2009

CFANerd, your observation regarding Arabs and Pakistan is totally wrong.

Pakistan was never ever abused by Arabs , but Arabs provides support both financially and non-financially to Pakistan on various occasion and continuous, the list is so long but to mention Free Oil supplies for numbers of years , subsidy in Oil, Labour Force ( One time UAE banned Indian Labours and only allowed Pakistanis), No restriction on Pakistan Labour Force, Political support etc etc...

In current scenario Arab is also not abused by Americans , but Arabs are playing very sensibly and cleverly.

Last point Who told you that Arabs not give Nationality to Non Arabs ???

Regards

and this the best part
Yahoodiz cursed by God.

So we all are moving in circle except God Almighty.

quote]

- rabia-k - 03-19-2009

[quote]<i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />

Regards

my father has been living in the uae for 35+ yrs and has still not got the uae passport. however, i have seen balochis who have got the passport but its mainly because their culture is some what similar to that of the arabs.

the govt has granted citizenship to Bedoons. these are people who have been living in the UAE for 5o yrs or so and did not leave the country even once and have never been citizens of any other country (state less).

- CFANerd - 03-20-2009

rabia-k I didnt understand what you meant by "making your own statement" and neither about quoting me.

I was just commenting on your post on benefits to US citizens. Sorry if i am missing something or unable to understand.

I think everybody just screws the person in front of him and pushes so that keeps the circle moving. This is my physics. [)]

- Toronto_Boy - 03-21-2009

Dear CFANerd

Thanks to Allah, you did not study Physics at advance level (I assume). [D][D][D]

Regards

- Pracs - 03-21-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />

Regards

my father has been living in the uae for 35+ yrs and has still not got the uae passport. however, i have seen balochis who have got the passport but its mainly because their culture is some what similar to that of the arabs.

the govt has granted citizenship to Bedoons. these are people who have been living in the UAE for 5o yrs or so and did not leave the country even once and have never been citizens of any other country (state less).

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

My Dad came to Dubai, when the British were still ruling the Turcial states (UAE's old name) and saw the new Government being formed (6 emirates + Qatar). Qatar left shortly (once they discovered Gas) and Ras al Khamimah was the last to join. Any ways at that point in time UAE Passport was sold for a few hundred Rupees, very few people took up the option and those that did (Pakistani and Indians) had it revoked a few years later. Some Blauchis do have nationalities, but that is more of a political reason, since Makran was still ruled by Oman until the 60's (when Pakistan purchased the land from the Omani Sultan). Moreover the Blauchis are in the police force and do not really consider themselves to be Blauchis/Pakistanis as such and although know Urdu very few of them would actually speak it with you. This compared to some of the older Arabs and Iranian/Arabs who know and speak Urdu as well.

Bottom line, non Arabs one get's nationality in UAE. Palestinians (some) have been given passports, but this can be revoked any time by the ruler's decree (serious criminal offences, political over turns etc.)

- sumairalam - 03-21-2009

Just to add

Nationality is given to the non-emirati wife of Emirati National.

It is also given to non-emirati husband of emirati woman on case to case basis , but now it is in the council for making it Law.

- CFANerd - 03-21-2009

TORONTOBOY. lol. Agree about physics.
I wonder even if you get citizenship in UAE or anywhere over there what can you do with it? I was in Middle East few months back and marveled that one can be rich without being smart. I mean it is just a gift of GOD. I wonder what have we, in Pakistan, done so wrong that we get all the crap from the rest of the world, from our own people and everyone else. True our fav. time pass is backbiting but come on, we deserve to get some money too. Just a little may be if not a lot. [p]

- rabia-k - 03-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CFANerd</i>
<br />rabia-k I didnt understand what you meant by "making your own statement" and neither about quoting me.

I was just commenting on your post on benefits to US citizens. Sorry if i am missing something or unable to understand.

I think everybody just screws the person in front of him and pushes so that keeps the circle moving. This is my physics. [)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

CFAnerd i have a big bunch of my father's relatives in the US. they arent Kallus for sure nor are they Hispanvi and definetly dont sing Hey Mackarena. everytime they visit Dubai atleast an hour is spent in the house ,listing to all the benefits of living in the US. all of them are green card holders, now i dont really know what this card is and y its green? but have heard its got to do with some sort of govt benefits. All my life i have been hearing about benfits that US citizens get from the govt. i dont know how much of this is really true.

- CFANerd - 03-22-2009

rabia-k. Dont worry if you dont know anything. I was trying to give my post a little flavor of humor. Green card, just gives you right to live as a resident. Benefits are almost nonexistent for any green card holder except you live below poverty level and have kids under the age of 18. Although some desis here know their way around the system, but for most of us everything is self paid from health insurance to housing to just about anything. Getting benefits from govt can cause some delay in your other immigration benefits like citizenship and stuff in the future. Plus people from US tend to exaggerate their value as a green card holder when they go abroad. Most of the desis i ve seen here are pure scum of Pakistan. You rarely find decent, educated and groomed individuals.