Accountancy Forum
tips inorder to get articleship in big4 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: tips inorder to get articleship in big4 (/showthread.php?tid=5201)

tips inorder to get articleship in big4 - nakaiun - 09-25-2008

i want to know that what r the things which i should do inorder to articleship from big4

- nakaiun - 09-26-2008

yar koi senior to tips day
what abt english my english is not good

- Toronto_Boy - 09-29-2008

Dear nakaiun

I don't know much about articleship in Pakistan. All I can say is apply as much as possible and keep continuously polishing your resume. Atleast it would increase probability of getting into interview room. Just my 2 cents...

Regarding English, all I can suggest is to improve it, because without it, even if you pass with high marks (which is doubtfull in first place), you cannot present yourself with full confidence anywhere. It takes time, practice, and efforts, but it is quite do-able.

Good Wishes

- nakaiun - 09-29-2008

im doing acca and now in acca part2 i read english newspapers and try to improve it is it enough to improve my ehglish

- Toronto_Boy - 09-29-2008

Dear nakaiun

There are many ways to improve English skills. Reading newspaper is one way, but you need more methods to practice. I can quickly suggest following methods.

(1) Whatever you read in newspaper, try to write again in your own words. At-least two or three short paragraphs a day. After writing, if possible, show it to someone who can pinpoint mistakes. It would improve your writing skills.

(2) Make a copy in which write new words from newspaper you read everyday or the accounting books you read. Write down 10 or 20 new words each day with meanings in English and Urdu. Learn these words and keep revising. It would improve your vocabulary over time.

(3) Get a grammar book and do practice exercises. If possible, show these to anyone who can correct your mistakes.

(4) I know writing on discussion forums is usually free of good form and structure (next generation language). I would not suggest it to you as if you are already weak, you would further deteriorate your condition. Write on MS Word first with all good English rules and correct spellings and then copy and paste on discussion forum.

(5) Listen English news, talk shows in English, and current affairs programs in English. These would improve your listening comprehension.

Go slow but steady. It is a type of skill that improves with persistent efforts over the period of time.

These are some suggestions. Be considerate that I am not an expert of language skills improvement methodologies. Have a discussion with any English teacher for better suggestions.

I hope it helps.

Good Wishes

- Schuaeb - 09-30-2008

Being in Toronto can improve your English more than the suggestions and tips given. However, the later approach may be more practicable for majority.

Just joking, nice sharing toronto boy.

- Toronto_Boy - 09-30-2008

Thanks Schuaeb.

- Schuaeb - 10-01-2008

Welcome Toronto_Boy