Accountancy Forum
Who is the owner of this website? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Who is the owner of this website? (/showthread.php?tid=5220)

Who is the owner of this website? - Toronto_Boy - 10-24-2008

Dear Participants

I tried to find answers of some basic questions about this website, but could not find. Could someone provide links of answers of my questions about this website.

1) I did not see any "About us" button here, or any other source of information about the ownership and control of this website. Who is running this website?

2) Is it for profit or not for profit website?

3) Though it is doing a good job as far as accounting is concerned, but is it backed-up by any institute or professional organization etc? Though software is powered by Snitz Forums 2000, but who is using it for what actual purpose.

4) If the purpose is provision of accounting info., then why it is not clearly disclosed at home page or at the bottom. Though a <b>privacy policy </b> is available, still it lacks who is the administrative organization behind it with what disclosed objective(s) (I am not talking about apparent purpose which may be spread of accounting info. with special reference to Pakistan)?

You never know who is monitoring, gathering info. and views, and analyzing activities through websites.

Looking for replies.

Regards

- EnslavedSpirit - 10-29-2008

Ab tak Jawab nahi mila?
Bhai Iss website ka Allah Malik hai [)]

- Astute Accountant - 10-31-2008

There used to be an Admin of this forum long ago. Don't know where he/she is now!!!

- Pracs - 11-05-2008

They are around and step up in times of need....

- Schuaeb - 11-10-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear Participants

I tried to find answers of some basic questions about this website, but could not find. Could someone provide links of answers of my questions about this website.

1) I did not see any "About us" button here, or any other source of information about the ownership and control of this website. Who is running this website?

2) Is it for profit or not for profit website?

3) Though it is doing a good job as far as accounting is concerned, but is it backed-up by any institute or professional organization etc? Though software is powered by Snitz Forums 2000, but who is using it for what actual purpose.

4) If the purpose is provision of accounting info., then why it is not clearly disclosed at home page or at the bottom. Though a <b>privacy policy </b> is available, still it lacks who is the administrative organization behind it with what disclosed objective(s) (I am not talking about apparent purpose which may be spread of accounting info. with special reference to Pakistan)?

You never know who is monitoring, gathering info. and views, and analyzing activities through websites.

Looking for replies.

Regards

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I don't have got answers to any of questions you have asked only I can guess. The history of this forum to some extent is discussed in some thread and you can search them. As far as your concern mentioned in last line I don't think that there is any such thing, just a guess

- Schuaeb - 11-10-2008

Nobody seems around, last time any moderator was seen quite some time ago when this forum remained dysfunctional for quite some time.

The registration of new member on this forum is suspended for quite a long time now, I guess it’s a year or so which has curtailed the activity on this forum to a great deal.

I personally don’t think that any similar forum may continue for a very long time without any sort of administration that at least seems to be the case here and if new members and not allowed to register it will eventually this forum will become much less effective

- Toronto_Boy - 01-13-2009

Dears

I wonder why admin does not reply to my questions, though someone must be operating/ monitoring/ controling this site.

Regards