Accountancy Forum
ICAP humiliating itself - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ICAP humiliating itself (/showthread.php?tid=5249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- ali_boy9 - 12-29-2008

I LEAVE THE COMPARISION TO YOU ALL....

- kamranACA - 12-29-2008

Dear Ali,

My comments were on Nakaiun's post. If you feel ACCA is difficult it would be so. It's really the way people take something to understand and yes one cannot pass even B Com without studying. I agree.

The other comparison may be good to discuss whether ACCA is easier or not. I don't go into such comparisons because I believe a qualification should be judged with its technical depth and market acceptability. You will appreciate that market acceptability comes with technical depth. These are directly related.

If you feel ACCA better or its exam structure superior, it's good for you.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- unseendemon - 12-30-2008

ali_boy9, oh boy! are you judging the syllabus based on the name of the subjects? D JESUS CHRIST! have we got a colorful bunch here!

I'm gonna take Kamran's advice and take it all in stride.

Also, After carefully re-reading this thread I only have one thing to add. Khalid bhai, PLEASE, take me into your ACCA club when ICAP finally collapses this sunday (or is it friday?) and i am left without a qualification to pursue. We were all too blinded to see that tens of audit partners on ICAP's council could not forsee anything and are doomed as a result.

Can we please stop wasting time on this topic and do something constructive?

- usmansss - 12-30-2008

hi every one

why u al people fight like dogs and cats

comon yar ACCA and ACA ( ICAP) are two seprate things having seprate
norm and cons
no one is 100 %
ACCA has some benifts as well as drawbacks
ACA ( ICAP) do have benifits and draw backs

so rather then exploiting each other drawbacks come to benfits of boths in oder to help this proffession

yar ACA 'S AND ACCA 'S are both competent and hardworking
be professinals act like professionals

its just a wastage of time to write against each other u must take that time for some good things ,

nothing can be happen to both bodies by writing such a large things
kisi ka khanay sa ACCA ya ICAP finish nahi ho jain ga

we should respect both bodies and dont try to let down each other

- ali_boy9 - 12-30-2008

well there's alot to judge other than the names..
the audit taught in CAT is far more advanced than that of in icap module D.
besides im coparing at what level what is taught.
it's common that level 2 is greater than level 1 similarly module B,C or D are advanced than module A.
so if subjects like audit , cost accounting , finance are being introduced at module D than i should pray for students in module AB&C. students of CAT are equalent to the inters of icap i.e MODULE D.
so i want to compare that if CAT is equal to inter or even equal to module E than ACCA is alot more advance than ICAP.

and yes i agree the rest depends upon the market demand. kamran bahi i know that acca and not be equalent to ICAP for the only reason that ICAP is PAKISTAN'S OWN FIRM and all aduits, finance, tax etc matters are refered to the icap by the govt. not to acca or icaew or any other.
even i first decided to go for ca ( icap) but than as my family is settled in saudi arabia and i too intend to settle here in SAUDI ARABIA. Besides my DAD's FINANCE DIRECTOR advised me to go for ACCA. a side from this it's easier to get in BIG 4s in SAUDI ARABIA.
anyways eveyone has his/her own choice of wha to do and when to do.
regards
ali

- mroneflower - 12-30-2008

There is news that CPA(USA) is planning to launch its qualification in some other countries by the end of 2010. If CPA(USA) will launch its qualification in Pakistan then I do not know what will happen to ICAP. Remember ACCA is alraedy in Pakistan, ICAEW recently launched itself in Pakistan (14 out of 15 ICAEW papers can be taken and passed outside training contract). So in the presence of ACCA, ICAEW and CPA(USA) what ICAP will do, ovbiously ICAP will die. If I say ICAP is on death bed, I will not be wrong.

I alraedy mentioned that Monopoly days have done, but unfortunately ICAP can only survive in monopoly. POOR ICAP which is going to die soon.

ACCA always and always encourage open Competition as we are already competing in 160 countries of the world.

Deatil psot will follow.

Khalid

- nakaiun - 12-30-2008

mr kamran u completely misunderstood me i give the figures which clearly shows that acca is hard to digest 3.9% is not a good figure

- kamranACA - 12-30-2008

Dears,

I might have misunderstood the post of Nakaiun. I know passing rate at all professional qualifications is not good. However, I strictly believe that ACCA chapter is not taking any steps to ensure a good input of students. I said every one who has British Pounds can get into it. ACCA chapter at Pakistan should adopt some strategy to improve the input at gross root level.

This may enhance their passing rate because they claim that unlike others their result does not depend upon demand/supply ratio. My belief is that noone's result depends upon such ratio but it is the ACCA's view which I mentioned. So if their students pass on the basis of capabilities, as they say, they should improve their intake strategies.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- kamranACA - 12-30-2008

Dears,

The forecast of Khalid regarding ICAP's position after the CPA, ICEAW and ACCA would be here speaks about him. So, I don't comment particularly. He is habitual of playing comic roles.

Barclay's bank, ABN Amro (now RBS), Citibank, and plenty of others well placed foreign banks could not afect NBP, MCB and HBL etc. Ask this man to be vigilant and prudent.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Its nice to know that Mr Kamran is advising ACCA what to do. He is saying that ACCA should do something to improve result in Pakistan. Actually he has been claiming that ACCA depends on ICAP and ICAP members are providing coaching and giving training to ACCA students. So What I conclude that ICAP members are not competent enough to provide coaching and training to ACCA students to ACCA required level as they cannot. Its again prove my point that ICAP is third class institute producing third class accountants who are not even considered fully qualified accountant at international avenues as per ICAP yardstick (ICAEW) and that ACCA standard is much higher than ICAP. That is what you are saying. GOOD at long last you have started accepting reality.

Secondly ICAP is Pakistani institute and you claim that ICAP takes care of its students. It is also said by ICAP members that ICAP does not register everyone like ACCA, means its only register students that come upto ICAP standard. Inspite of all these things can I ask why ICAP result is also low. So can I say as being a local institute ICAP is not doing anything.

Its a information for students who want to do ICAEW while sitting in Pakistan that ICAEW pass rate is 70% to 80%. So all who are doing ICAP, please do leave ICAP and start doing ICAEW as ICAEW 14 out of 15 papers can be passed outside training contract. ICAEW is also going to authorise companies in Pakistan to train its students like it did in UK.

I will reply in detail.

Khalid

- kamranACA - 12-30-2008

) It will not be suspecious if you tear off your clothes some day and run out like what you infact are.

Cases like you could be seen anywhere. Keep on repeating your bluff and childish material like the people of your category normally do.

one more thing, Kamran said <font color="red">This may enhance their (ACCA) passing rate because they claim that unlike others their result does not depend upon demand/supply ratio.</font id="red">

It means he also admitted that ICAP follows demand and supply policy and only pass some top students scoring 90%. But I can not beleive that these ICAP members who scored 90% marks cannot teach and train ACCA students properly where only 50% marks are required to pass. It again means ICAP members are incompetent. ?.It also means it is difficult to gain 50% in ACCA exams and its very easy to score 90% in ICAP exams. GOOD.

Now he is running out of logic. ICAP people normally do this when they run out of logic.

Khalid

- kamranACA - 12-31-2008

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>

This may enhance their passing rate because they claim that unlike others their result does not depend upon demand/supply ratio. My belief is that noone's result depends upon such ratio but it is the ACCA's view which I mentioned.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dears,

I said we may shortly see this man wandering on roads in tatters, having rusty uncombed long hairs, crying and talking to some one invisible in the air. His bias also affected his eyes. Alas.

The failure of students of any qualification does not place questions on such qualification. Every distinguished field witnesses only a few fully successful people. The others are strugglers or failures and if one can understand there is a difference between the two.

However, the failures should accept that they are failures. There is no way to make claims and criticize any qualification recklessly after facing the failure. I don’t here say that Khalid would necessarily be a failure. But he certainly has some grudge which is causing him to close down his eyes. ACCA may or may not be easier for its students but there are certain people who failed in CA and are now affiliates of ACCA and who criticize CA for its tough competition alleging policies etc.

The comparison of toughness of CA and ACCA is never started by the people who opt ACCA considering it a better choice or the CAs who opt CA for such reasons or who are into both qualification for the purpose of having additional exposure. Certainly this could be done only by those who fail to do one thing (or, are so feard of its competition) and succeed in the other and then come into the state of mind where grapes are seen as sour.

I love to debate with people who keep the objective alive. However, this man is devoid of any logic and has closed his eyes like a parrot and is continuously uttering out what he has memorized probably as a result of some accident in his life. Only God knows better!!!

Let's pray for his health.

Regards,

KAMRAN

- mroneflower - 12-31-2008

I don’t know why this man is wasting his energies on this thread in convincing (misleading) people that ICAP is better than ACCA. I wish he would have used his energies in convincing ICAEW that ICAP is better than ACCA so that ICAP might had better deal with ICAEW. He could also convince ICAEW to reduce exemptions for ACCA and abolish CCAB route for ACCA members. ICAP is either afraid of ICAEW or ICAP might tried to convince ICAEW but ICAEW did not care about ICAP.

In 2005 ICAEW tried to merge with CIPFA and proposed “Institute of Chartered Accountants” name of merged body i.e ICAEW said it would drop England & Wales from its name. ICAS (Scotland) and ICAI (India) opposed it and also prepared case against ICAEW. On the other hands ICAP supported ICAEW new name. ICAEW salve.

There is also a story why ICAP reduces duration of training contract.

Kamran, use your energies on something constructive which make ICAP voice strong. By doing negative propaganda against ACCA, ICAP is not going to be better than ACCA.

I must say (you may not know) that world is much bigger than the city you live, the firm you work and ICAP, so try to come out of box.

Information for you is, in UK people say that ICAEW is selling its qualification through CCAB route. Prace can confirm it. So be pround of your qualification and do not convince others by saying ICAEW is better than ICAP. Promote ICAP without degrading others. If you will continue to do negative propaganda against others then you will never be able to promote ICAP and ICAP will never come out of box. At least learn something from ICAI(India). But ICAP will need time to know how world is working nowadays.

In an other thread I read your post where you said you hold membership of other three bodies and are planning to do CFA.Are you collecting qualifications?. You claim that you work in audit firm and work in audit and accounts field. So what audit and account has to do with CFA. I must tell you that your audit and accounts experience will not help you in satisfying CFA experience requirements. I repeat for your information that CA and CFA are entirely different qualifications. Basically you are confused and insecure person who do not value your own qualification and wasting time in collecting qualifications. Man do something constructive without degarding and abusing others. All ICAP members are confused and insecure like you?, if they are then I have nothing to say.

If anyone (especially ICAP students) has any question regarding ICAEW external route, please do ask without any hesitation.

Khalid

- mroneflower - 01-01-2009

I forget to mention that by using word failure this man is spreading hatred as in his own words

<font color="red">The failure of students of any qualification does not place questions on such qualification. Every distinguished field witnesses only a few fully successful people. The others are strugglers or failures and if one can understand there is a difference between the two.</font id="red">

Is he claiming Allah made ICAP members special and Superior to others. I do not care if he thinks I am failure. Anyway its only ICAP members who use these kind of words like failure. In morden world when someone fails it means person did not do hard work as required and it may also be possible that person who fails did not know particular question that came up in exam.

He further said <font color="red">The comparison of toughness of CA and ACCA is never started by the people who opt ACCA considering it a better choice or the CAs who opt CA for such reasons or who are into both qualification for the purpose of having additional exposure. Certainly this could be done only by those who fail to do one thing (or, are so feard of its competition) and succeed in the other and then come into the state of mind where grapes are seen as sour.</font id="red">

People can see who started ACCA vs CA debate in this particular thread, so can I say that Kamran is failure of ACCA and got through in CA and now compalining about ACCA.

Khalid