Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs CA (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Desert Sleet - 03-07-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />specially for ALI AKBAR.....wow dude i think its true that...... sach hamaisha karwaa lagta hai ....well ALI if u can spot atleast a single point in my post which is immature.....well i wonna tell u one more thing.... har aik ko us ke studies difficult lagtee hai....and well it doesnt matter how tough a qualification is what matters is how much value a qualification has......and ALI i think u havent read my post ..................... i have clearly written that if u want to stay in pakistan then do CA but if u want to go abroad then ACCA....... and every point in my last post i had proved it with relevent evidence.......okie .....ALI i think what u feel bad u call it immature .......be a grown up dude or else this world will eat u up.........hope u will reply ina more angry way.....hehehe.......bye
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You need to learn that not everyone is going to like or accept your opinions. That's the beauty of message boards. The ability to share diverse opinions and experiences. Enjoy your time here, don't try so hard in getting people to like you and learn to be yourself. ) Dont try to impose your opinions upon someone. You should prohibit from taking an out-and-out falsehood and running with it, usually without doing anything other than taking what they’re told and repeating it more vehemently.

Evidence is what you use in persuasive writing to support the claims that you present.

You should use evidence to help strengthen your post and any assertion you make that relates to your sunbject. Here are some ways to work evidence into your writing

Offer evidence that agrees with your stance up to a point, then add to it with ideas of your own.
Present evidence that contradicts your stance in order to argue against (refute) it and therefore strengthen your position.
Use sources against each other, as if they are experts on a panel discussing your proposition.
Use quotations to support your assertion, not merely to state or restate your claim.

In order to use evidence effectively, you need to integrate it smoothly into your post by following this pattern
State your claim.
Give your evidence, remembering to relate it to the claim.
Comment on the evidence to show how it supports the claim.

One effective way to support your claim is to use quotations, but because quotations involve someone else’s words, you need to take special care to integrate the evidence into your paragraph.

Questions to Ask Yourself Before Pressing the Post New Reply Tab

Do I avoid generalizing in my paper by specifically explaining how my evidence is representative?
Have I offered my reader evidence to substantiate each assertion I make in my post?
Do I thoroughly explain why/how my evidence backs up my ideas?
Do I provide evidence that not only confirms but also qualifies my posts main claims?
Do I use evidence to test and evolve my ideas, rather than to just confirm them?
Do I cite my sources thoroughly and correctly?

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- Desert Sleet - 03-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />well all i dont need to prove my point to any one...the thing i like and thought good i had choosen it......but when a person say to u that ur posts r all immature then plz do tell me what will be my reaction, remember i am not an angel just a normal human.... hope u get my point...and i am still of the opinion that ACCA IS A BETTER OPTION....even if no one else agree with me
As I have (wearily) said, you cannot think in terms in anything but a personal attack. I use the term "think" cautiously. I have grave doubts If you are capable of original thought. Your answers/attacks are more like a reptilian brain response. do you understand? Allow me to be precise...
You are narrow minded . You are so closed minded as to be comical. I simply will not engage anyone that has the manners of a baboon. Read my post(s) and learn learn. And you truly are a boy.
I will reply to those who actually wish to engage in constructive debate. Arguments that you blather aren't beneficial to the forum members, or anyone else. Take your vile adolescent lunacy use it to continue your gross self delusion.

When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...

- Desert Sleet - 03-14-2005

<br />hey Desert Sleet kool to know that u r a philosopher ....well man ur place is not in this forum ...never mind i am not discouraging u well u r place is in the INTERNATION PHILOSOPHER'S ASSOCIATION if that ever exist...and if not a great man like u can statr it out from the scratch.....what u said that i am immature ....dont worry there r some philosophers like u 2 who dont have either work nor caliber do do something . they have just 1 habit in common thats BLAME ....k u r one of them..... never impose ur thoughts on others hope u will enjoy reading it ......hehehehe....do reply in [V] way...bye and take care.........ACCA RULES

A few things for you Lion King
1) What is the point of a discussion forum if the only people you wish to talk to are those holding the same opinion as yourself?
2) What are you planning to do on your "turf", plan a war?
3) Last but not least, It may just be me, but the only "morons" I see here are those who are so close minded that they will not even accept that other people have diferent views that are not neccesarily wrong! As far as I can tell from reading the other threads, Azeem and Guybrush are among those posters who don't usually flame others for beliveing something different. Congradulations on an extremely nasty reply to someone simply stating the truth.

Maybe a discussion forum is just not for you King !!!.

- zubair-acma-acca - 03-15-2005

hey lion_king!

grow up and learn some tollerence,
live and let live.

- Desert Sleet - 03-15-2005

<br />hey desert got annoyed well i think there is no place for u in this forum ....u r a great man have u joind the internationl philosophers association....congrats.....desert u sound as boring as ur name DESERT.......well man what kind of man u r.....its illustrated from ur narrow minded posts.......and i think u r the person who dont except others opinion not me....as u r writting the names of the persons not me......they r my all my friends and we r here to discuss something.....not like u who emotionally writes the names of others....i think thats enough ...okie bye and take care

You enter a thread and shoot your mouth off about subjects of which you are ignorant, and you call me arrogant? That king is pure
gold , one couldn't write satire like that.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">its illustrated from ur narrow minded posts<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You claim to have read them, yet you make a clearly false statement, suggesting the complete opposite? Sorry lion, it doesn't add up, I suggest you revise your story before you dig your self any deeper into this hole.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and i think u r the person who dont except others opinion not me..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Like your understanding of your presumptions are flawed.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">hey desert got annoyed well i think there is no place for u in this forum<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You claim that I shouldn't participate in this forum, then it will be much better if you can provide a list of people that i should read before I have the timerity to post again. Not only insulting but amusingly pompous and typical of the blinding arrogance that you seem to think is so brilliant. Your post which follows contains little more than additional insults and virtually no content or ideas. And then you accuse me of ad hominems. Ludicrous.

- Desert Sleet - 03-16-2005

<br />QUOTES DESERT THESE R ALL UR POSTS READ WELL AND IF U HAVE ANY COMM0ONSENSE U CAN SAY THAT U HAVE ALWAYS INSULTED OTHERS...... CAUTION[)] READ CAREFULLY....................................... As I have (wearily) said, you cannot think in terms in anything but a personal attack............................................................................. have grave doubts If you are capable of original thought..................... Your answers/attacks are more like a reptilian brain response .......... You are narrow minded............................................................... You are so closed minded as to be comical........................................ I simply will not engage anyone that has the manners of a baboon................................................................... Congradulations on an extremely nasty reply .................................... Maybe a discussion forum is just not for you King !!!........................ You enter a thread and shoot your mouth off about subjects of which you are ignorant....................................................................... Your post which follows contains little more than additional insults and virtually no content or ideas...................................................... WELL DESERT now be honest and see what have u written in ur QUOTES they r just for me. so dude get up and now its payback time. if u call ur posts mature and tell me to read them and learn how to post, then my only answer is SORRY . i cant be like u who is blamming me for the last few posts...well dude its said...... TIT FOR TAT.....and now u have to experience the same kind of words from me ...k.......bye and have a good time.....
Lion, I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into some pathetic sparing match with you. Grow up.

However, I will says this -

Until you make some informed comments with clear evidence of research, I will continue proclaiming your amateurish critiques of leftwing ideologies for what they are; uneducated rants, of those who are arrogant enough to think that they can attack what they do not understand. I will also continue to provide you with a bibliography, for whatever subject you happen to be butchering at the time, until you show that you are capable of making coherent well thought out argument, and not just spew antiquated rhetoric.

And dont expect any further further post from my side. enough is enough

- shahzad - 03-18-2005

hi to lion and dessert,
aaap doonoon isss forum kay respected members hoo,phir iss tarah kii posts kion aa raheee hain, theek hay, khiaalaaat main dfrnce zaroor hootaa hay, lakin isss dfrnce kooo use kia jiay, too baray kaam ki cheez hay, it gives variety of thoughts,

shahzad

- Desert Sleet - 03-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad</i>
<br />hi to lion and dessert,
aaap doonoon isss forum kay respected members hoo,phir iss tarah kii posts kion aa raheee hain, theek hay, khiaalaaat main dfrnce zaroor hootaa hay, lakin isss dfrnce kooo use kia jiay, too baray kaam ki cheez hay, it gives variety of thoughts,

shahzad
Everything mentioned here I can comment on in just one posting. Please understand I do see members and there difference in opinions, and deplore them, and I do see some people in this forum and do encourage them. Don't think I don't think and understand all the shades of grey, and all the nuances and exceptions that make up our world. There is nothing pure under the sun, so I would think we could agree on all that and Move On.

Now let's look at my posts which some find startling or unusual. YES, they are startling and unusual for intentional purposes. I want to encourage people to think outside the box, and I try to select subjects that the press will not tackle, and that are kind of taboo. I normally oppose the accepted mis-conceptions. Give it A for originality and excitement value, as well as it could lead to some shaking up and add interest to the forum. A little rebellion here and there is very good entertainment.

One thing I do agree with was the comment about me "Desert is in a class by himself." I'm sorry there are so few of me, but that statement is likely true. Question is, do all of you want to crucify me? It is up to you...

- radonym - 03-28-2005

NEVER COMPARE ACCA with Pakistans CA
====================================
As Pakistans BA can not be compared with BA from a British University, same is the case when we compare Pakistans CA with British ACCA qualification.
Moreover CA is more popular than ACCA in PAKISTAN only
because it has statutory power to hold external audit & issue Audit Report. If the same power is given to ACCA then the situation will be very different.

- Pracs - 03-28-2005

Its just not fair comparing BAs from Pakistan and the UK to CA and ACCA. I happen to be memeber of both the bodies and the content is almost identical, there are differences in how the institutes examine, pass and most important of all statutory rights in Pakistan to practice etc.

Anyways don't want to continue on this one any further,, too much has been said about this already. I am sure we have had no converts through this thread. People have their beliefs cast in stone,, its more of us against them. Have's and have not's

- Desert Sleet - 04-22-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Its just not fair comparing BAs from Pakistan and the UK to CA and ACCA. I happen to be memeber of both the bodies and the content is almost identical, there are differences in how the institutes examine, pass and most important of all statutory rights in Pakistan to practice etc.

Anyways don't want to continue on this one any further,, too much has been said about this already. I am sure we have had no converts through this thread. People have their beliefs cast in stone,, its more of us against them. Have's and have not's

Lets divert dis topic in another direction while maintaining the interest in it.

Do you believe complex issues should be dumbed down so the masses can understand them? Or should they be made even more complex, so only those with industry knowledge can understand them, while leaving the rest of the population in the blank?

For example, let's say we're discussing macroeconomics. Do we make the concepts a bit "stupider" so 95% of the population can understand them, or do we keep them complex so only economics professors and businessmen can get it?

Your views.... i am here to contradict [)]

- Pracs - 04-22-2005

Well, since they are complex, simplifying them would just dilute them thereby loosing all its steam. So I don't think its worth it, If it was something for the masses it wouldn't have been all that complex now, would it?

We are talking strictly on hypothetical basis now, if it were say on a specific issue my opinion could be different.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- Desert Sleet - 04-22-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Well, since they are complex, simplifying them would just dilute them thereby loosing all its steam. So I don't think its worth it, If it was something for the masses it wouldn't have been all that complex now, would it?

We are talking strictly on hypothetical basis now, if it were say on a specific issue my opinion could be different.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This is a good question that has, ironically enough, a complex answer IMO (at least more complex than a simple yes or no). When an expert in a particular field has a new idea, he should publish it using the accepted jargon of his field so as to communicate his ideas to his peers in the most efficient possible way. At this point, the idea still needs to be discussed among other experts in the field so that a consensus can be reached regarding its validity, so expressing the idea in terms that a layman can understand at this point is not necessary.

If an idea becomes accepted among the experts, then it may be necessary for someone to rephrase the new idea in a way that the layman can understand. Usually, just stating the basic principles in simple language will suffice, but sometimes, for very complex ideas, it may be necessary to "dumb things down." Usually in those situations however, it isn't really necessary that the layman have a very detailed understanding of what the experts are talking about.

A good example is the theory of quantum mechanics. It is an extremely complex theory, and there is a small portion of the general public who is interested in learning about it. There are many good books that attempt to explain the basic ideas of the theory in terms that the layman can understand, but in the end, if the laity fails to grasp the ideas, it really doesn't matter.

- turithegreat - 04-25-2005

yaar C.A toooo phir C.A haay naaaaaa,ACCA, C.A khay mukhablay kha kaha hai

- Azeem Shah Khan - 04-26-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Well, since they are complex, simplifying them would just dilute them thereby loosing all its steam. So I don't think its worth it, If it was something for the masses it wouldn't have been all that complex now, would it?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This is a good question that has, ironically enough, a complex answer IMO (at least more complex than a simple yes or no). When an expert in a particular field has a new idea, he should publish it using the accepted jargon of his field so as to communicate his ideas to his peers in the most efficient possible way. At this point, the idea still needs to be discussed among other experts in the field so that a consensus can be reached regarding its validity, so expressing the idea in terms that a layman can understand at this point is not necessary.

If an idea becomes accepted among the experts, then it may be necessary for someone to rephrase the new idea in a way that the layman can understand. Usually, just stating the basic principles in simple language will suffice, but sometimes, for very complex ideas, it may be necessary to "dumb things down." Usually in those situations however, it isn't really necessary that the layman have a very detailed understanding of what the experts are talking about.

A good example is the theory of quantum mechanics. It is an extremely complex theory, and there is a small portion of the general public who is interested in learning about it. There are many good books that attempt to explain the basic ideas of the theory in terms that the layman can understand, but in the end, if the laity fails to grasp the ideas, it really doesn't matter.

what does IMO stand for???

does it mean "In My Opinion"?

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."