Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs CA (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- ahmar_k - 08-22-2005

hi

- ahmar_k - 08-22-2005

watch out

- ahmar_k - 08-27-2005

It has been a long debate whether what is better? ACCA or CA? CA of pakistan has definately been the dominating part in pakistan but what are the reasons???
ACCA on the other hand is a world recognised qualification.. but why isnt it recognised in Pakistan?

ACCA courses are updated to the international standards as well... but our market demands CA more???
Would like to know your suggestions as well )
Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Azeem Shah Khan - 08-28-2005

This shouldn't stop here. We are not here for this purpose, however, no non-sense will be tolerated either.

Somebody just told me that ACCA's syllabus and course structure is gonna be revised shortly. I haven't had a chance to look at the proposed changes or the new syllabus yet. Would appreciate comments from the students and recently qualifieds who may have more info about it.

Regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- tahir.rauf - 09-23-2005

hi every one! i also want to make a comment on CA vs ACCA . well i think CA is preferred over ACCA in pakistan because the time spent by CA students in internship is much more than ACCA students.working in pakistan industry is totally different from working any where else in the world ; that is why industries in pakistan opts for CA because they are better used to the trends of pakistani markets as compared to ACCA. i myself did ACCA and now doing CA i know that practical exposure in CA is some what 70% more than in ACCA.

i am doing CA

- label - 09-23-2005

Tahir.rauf can the same time on internship/ experience be spent by ACCA's in Pakistan?

Having done ACCA myself, I have to ask why do ICAEW also? I have asked this on this forum previously as it seems a strange practise. Surely after qualifying as an Accountant you can do hundreds of other qualifications in order to broaden, strengthen your postition in the field and doing both can seem as if you are unsure of which is that option you should have taken in the first place...

In the UK it is uncommon for employers to want both, also I do not know of any employer myself included who would support an emplyee doing both.

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk

- Pracs - 09-24-2005

The reason for people sitting for both ACCA and ACA comes with the territory, ACCA is considered to be helpful if you plan to go overseas, whereas to be a prime accountant in Pakistan one has to be an ACA. (Legal, regulatory and business reasons). As far as employers are concerned, since its become more of a norm to go for ACCA and ACA, you will actually be asked why you persued for just one qualficiation ! Anyways it is also some what of a national norm to have accumulated as many degrees as possible, You know the more the merrier.

- usmansss - 10-03-2005

hiiiiii all of yu first of all i have to tell yu that there is nothing to compare just stay where yu are and work hard .....

ss

- Faisalsami - 10-11-2005

I am newly joined this form.After reading the comments of diffrent people I came to a conclusion that our attitude is negative regarding ACCA and CA. The Basic rule of Finance is nothing is good and nothing bad unless it is justified.What I believe we are stressing more on qualifications but actually it is only the way to get job, otherwise you have to prove your self in the competative environment.Both qualificatrion having pro and con.So it would be un justified to say that ACCA is better or CA is better but the main thing that the qualification wht ever u get should form the qualities of decision making in you and to think on broad level

Regards
Faisal Sami

Faisal Sami

- farhan_c2004 - 10-20-2005

HELLO
IT IS TRUE CA IS VERY POPULAR& IMPRESSIVE PROFESSION.ON THE OTHER HAND YOU NOT DENIE ACCA BECOZ IT IS RECIGNIZED INTERNATIONALLY & IT IS ALSO GAINING POPULARITY IN PAKISTAN. I M VERY HOPE FULL THAT IT WILL MAKE HIS POSITION STRONG IN PAKISTAN VERY SOON.

- gumsum - 10-30-2005

is ca realy tooo tough?
is it also as much tough for those of commerce line?

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-31-2005

nothing comes without hard work and devotion. Certainly, CA and all other professional qualifications require plenty of hard work and determination. I wont say CA is EASY/TOUGH as I havent done it but if you are determined to do it and willing to put your best effort than it shouldnt be a problem

regards

azeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- Goodman - 11-03-2005

Hey Azeem
Where have you been? I thought you also got married like our friend SMR who got married and then disappeared.

keep us posted pls.

- accountant1 - 11-07-2005

I vote for CA in pakistan ,,, WORLD WIDE i vote for CIMA(uk)

islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk

- accountant1 - 11-07-2005

ACCA no comments

islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk