Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs CA (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Azeem Shah Khan - 11-08-2005

Hi Goodman

Thanks for your concerns. Irrespective of all the efforts, I am still living a LIFE (do I need to explain that it means I am still single [)]). My absence is primarily due to the new job/new place and unavalibility of net at my place. Alhamdulillah I am settling down and hopefully you will see more from my side in the future. How are you keeping these days? are you in UK?

Regards

Azeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- Azeem Shah Khan - 11-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by accountant1</i>
<br />ACCA no comments

islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Comments noted [)]

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- Ali Akbar - 11-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by accountant1</i>
<br />ACCA no comments

islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk

ACCAs might be similar to CAs, but not equal to CAs (in Pakistan);and

ACCAs might be equal to CAs, but not similar to CAs (Internationally).

EXPLANATION Here by the word 'equal', the relevant prefernces/importance in the market shall be construed as meanings.

- hanifasif - 11-26-2005

ACCA is a perfectly good accountancy qualification. It doesn't quite have the kudos of ACA, CIMA et al but its not a million miles away at all, its in a similar ballpark.
Alas ! it has no recognition in pakistan, at least till now

- Azeem Shah Khan - 11-30-2005

It is mind blowing to read same arguments over and over again from different members. Whether he/she is a student of Part1 or a mutli-million t/o co's branch manager (sorry i forgot to write it in caps). Contrary to my likings, it is a sad truth that ACCA still hasn't gained enough job market in Pakistan (exceptions aside). I am sure all of us already know the reasons behind this artificial discrimination and this subject needs no further elaboration.

thank God i am not in Pakistan or I would be dreaming myself a branch accountant.....is that only me who laughed on this one! Come on dear, dont act like that. I am glad you are a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIA and almost CFA which presumably authorises you to shun professionals/students of these bodies. On this happy note I would leave you with a very old URDU proverb someone told me ages ago.

Please remember DARAKHT KI PHAL DAAR SHAAKH 'ZIYADA' JHUKI HUI HOTI HA.

Apologies in advance, if my comments made someone feel bad.

regards

azeem

- Z.Ahmed - 11-30-2005

Things were really hot and spicy here weren't they. but its good that they have just got cooled down. KEEP THINGS COOL GUYS.

- Z.Ahmed - 11-30-2005

I need a suggestion though Is it good in any way to study ACCA if someone is to move abroad as it does not seem to have a handy job market in pakistan or is it better to do cima.
Any body please advice me on that...

- hanifasif - 12-01-2005

If you want to go abroad, especially Middle East, then go for ACCA/CIMA as both are well paid here. In Saudi Arabia alone there are only 72 ACCA members (confirmed). So expect good salary.

Let me tell you friend, qualifying ACCA is much easier than CA, and it will take you minimum 2 years and maximum 3/3.5 years to qualify.

Good Luck

Asif

- majid ali malik - 12-05-2005

dear members'
i think CA is more difficult then ACCA rather all educational professions in Pakistan, and ACCA may be consider as a tinny branch of CA.but as much it is difficult as much it is rewarding.and as for ICAp result is concerned it is up to the candidates that how they make efforts to be succeeded.
any how i wish a best of luck to all doin ca & acca.a student just has to work hard but honestky and up to the mark of required studies.

i want a latest information about numbers of CAs in pak and also pak's members working out side pak.i really need this information.
bye every body.

- hanifasif - 12-05-2005

Statistics of ICAP Membership as on 01 December 2005

The total membership as on 01 December 2005 is 3712. The classification of members is as follows

Non-Practice Overseas 775
Public Practice (Overseas) 12
Public Practice (Pakistan) 586
Commerce/ Industry 2107
Financial Institutes/ Banks 111
Government Services 13
Education 23
Corporations 12
Others 73
Total 3712

Source www.icap.org.pk

- Pracs - 12-06-2005

ACCA's are making headway in Pakistan, experience along with the degree is important. I know of ACCA's who articled at Big 4 and are at reasonable places in Pakistan, more than Branch accountants. On the other hand I know of a person who's passed all his CFA exams in Dubai and is still a payroll accountant ! the key is relevant experience and skills. So anybody who thinks they can be superior or a hot shot because they have passed a certain exam are either naive' or still not yet in 'practical world'

Wake up, smell the coffee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- Azeem Shah Khan - 12-06-2005

Good to see you back Pracs. Despite of my best efforts I havent been able to get into a routine of posting here nevertheless i do visit the site every now and then and enjoy your and other members' posts.

hope you enjoyed your recent trip to Pakistan. hope to catch you soon on msn.

BR

- hanifasif - 12-06-2005

pracs you sure that guy is CFA, because from what I know CFA/ACCA/CIMA are hottest properties in middle (there are only 11 CFAs in Saudi Arabia) and even partly qualified are at premium. (experience is considered somewhat as a secondary consideration) That guy might have unluckily got entrapped in strict labor laws there under which one cant switch jobs. I can give you many example where ACCA part one passed landed good paying job in big companies even they had no substantial experience. One of my students here (only 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 passed) is now working in Deloitte. He had zero experience when they took him on (Basic salary $1500/m). The reason was he was pursuing professional qualification.
At least I can talk of middle east that here they give a lot of value to what professional qualification you hold, albeit partly qualified. You get well paid. Even though experience matters but its qualification that adds value to experience and determines what shape you are going to give the experience you get on job. (I don’t know how to put it correctly) but I feel its qualification that makes you do things better what you do practically. So my humble conclusion is that qualification and experience are complementary and together they give perfect recipe of success and the absence of one makes things sour.

Kind regards

Asif

- sumaaan - 12-06-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />ACCA's are making headway in Pakistan, experience along with the degree is important. I know of ACCA's who articled at Big 4 and are at reasonable places in Pakistan, more than Branch accountants. On the other hand I know of a person who's passed all his CFA exams in Dubai and is still a payroll accountant ! the key is relevant experience and skills. So anybody who thinks they can be superior or a hot shot because they have passed a certain exam are either naive' or still not yet in 'practical world'

Wake up, smell the coffee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

Not surprising to know that a CFA qualified is working as a payroll accountant. Why? Because CFA's are NOT accountants.

- rememberence - 12-08-2005

any memebre plz tell that abt the market capture of accas in dubai?