Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs CA (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- mushi - 03-17-2006

it is fact that the CAs are much better than ACCAs but the main reason is that the icap is suplying its CAs since 60s but the acca is new in pakistann since 1997 the other thing is that there are alredy Cas in major firms who preffer CAs for.the last thing is that the icap is government supported as acca is not!!!.but now the demand of ACCAs is increasing rapidly!
"about the course"
the acca is not so easy to pass,the syllabus of both CA and ACCA is approximately equal tough as both award 66.66% exemptions to each other a ca is awarded exemptions of 2 parts of acca out of 3 and ACCAs are awarded same 4 modules of icap out of 6!!

the articleship makes CAs superior than ACCAs

- Azeem Shah Khan - 03-23-2006

the saga continues......

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- Girl_here - 03-27-2006

Hi to everyone!!
First of all there is no logic in saying whether ACCA is easy or not...whether CA is tough to go through or not..everything is just so easy if u r entirely determined to achieve your goals..it's true that CA is valued in pakistan more than ACCA but just to some extent..one can't have the opinion that being CA ,a person can have everything he wants to..ACCA has got its own inward pull..I totally disagree with SUMAAN(Moderator) saying that ""One of the reasons of the popularity lately of ACCA in Pakistan is because there are no admission tests for it, so students getting admission no where else go for ACCA... That might be a harsh statement, but its true.""

There are soooo many courses offered in pakistan that do not expect the candidate to clear an entry test..and if talking about CA the truth is that the entry test (PPTPre-entry Proficiency Test) the applicant has to pass is a facile test...based on a very easy english part,mathematics and general knowledge..and this test has certainely got nothing to do with Accounting..and even one can get exempted from this worry-free test as usually most of the applicants do,if he/she has got grade B in FSC exam,A- level with two passes in grade C,Graduates division1 and P-graduates div. 2....and if you ever got a chance to go through the ICAP prospectus you would have noticed that they themselves said that the test is just soo easy ...and that's the reason why we find every inferior or superior kind of person doing CA..and the case is same if you have a look of ACCA students ....so conclusively this PPT is not at all a big deal.

eventually,neither ACCA is better than CA nor vice versa...the thing is that if you know HOW ,when where and what to study ,you can have a bright future being even an FSC student..No Worries)..bye
Regards...

Sensitive_Girl572

- Goodman - 04-07-2006

I hope everybody is aware that ICAEW has revised exemption policy for ACCA with over five years of membership status only. Now they can be apply for ACA (ICAEW) by making an application for membership and writing an essay about themselves.

- Azeem Shah Khan - 04-07-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />I hope everybody is aware that ICAEW has revised exemption policy for ACCA with over five years of membership status only. Now they can be apply for ACA (ICAEW) by making an application for membership and writing an essay about themselves.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Really!!! thats a great news, is it some kind of desperate measure?

Thanks for the info zubair.

Regards

- funlovin criminal - 04-08-2006

it goes on n on n on ...this debate...well every1 has a point .. most of them partially true..but i agree quite alot with mushi..acca starting from 1997 i mean cmon it hasent even bin a decade...many employers(mostly desi ones) think the only degree for accountancy is CA...and u cant realllly tell which ones tough unless uve bin through both of them.....but still job market for CA's in pakistan holds much better place than acca...anyways
good luck in watever u do ppl...
Allah hafiz

- Pracs - 04-08-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />I hope everybody is aware that ICAEW has revised exemption policy for ACCA with over five years of membership status only. Now they can be apply for ACA (ICAEW) by making an application for membership and writing an essay about themselves.

Really!!! thats a great news, is it some kind of desperate measure?

Thanks for the info zubair.

Regards

Guys that is news to me,. does that require any specific UK based experience?? or is it a non practising membership just as ICAEW gives reciprocal membership to CA's from Australia ??

Any links to back that up Zubair ??

- tajwar - 04-08-2006

hey guyz
as ACCA is progressing well in pakistan, many students r entring in this field. so what u people think "will ACCA's going to capture the market of CA??" plzz comment!!!

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

ASK and pracs, you owe me a dinner on this information.

Well one of my staff recently brought ICAEW material as he wanted to have it done.

but i read ICAEW website for this and here is the link
http//www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?route=125720

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

one more thing.
dont be put off by the term "examination of Experience". Its no more than an essey for you guys and you have write in the comfort of your home in your own time.

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

one more thing.
dont be put off by the term "examination of Experience". Its no more than an essey for you guys and you have write in the comfort of your home in your own time.

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

one more thing

dont be put off by the term "examination of Experience". Its no more than an essey for you guys. You write it in the comfort of your home in your own time and once complete, send this fancy piece of work to ICAEW. I suggest applicants based in Pakistan attempt it while in WADU.

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

one more thing

dont be put off by the term "examination of Experience". Its no more than an essay for you guys. You write it in the comfort of your home in your own time and once complete, send this fancy piece of work to ICAEW.

I suggest applicants based in Pakistan attempt it while in WADU and after Fajr prayers.

- Goodman - 04-08-2006

well, one of my friends recently send me an email. Anyone interested can forward the CV to me and I will give to her

code]Private Client Services Director £70-110,000p.a.
Information Audit Senior £40,000p.a.
Financial Services Audit Manager £70,000+p.a.
Corporate Tax International Managers x 2 £55,000p.a.
Audit Manager £50,000 - £60,000p.a.

Keep in touch ,
Kind regards

Pat Hibbert
Director of Sales and Operations[/code]

use this email address for any CVs. Zubair40@gmail.com
and also let me know if you are happy in me forwarding your CV to anyone who could benefit from your services.

- hanifasif - 04-08-2006

Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God, is it a joke ( http//www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?route=125720 )
If not then this is the biggest news in my career as an accountant. now for ACCAs becoming ACA/FCA is as easy and enjoyable as reading a Hemingway’s novel in the cozy comfort of your home. (or am I being over-excited for nothing)

Now I have a feeling that ICAP will revoke ACA (ICAEW) exemptions. lets see.