Accountancy Forum
Depressed C.A student - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Depressed C.A student (/showthread.php?tid=5299)

Depressed C.A student - sandeep_ca - 01-14-2009

i have recntly passed my CA intermediate examination(student of 11mfc). I only applied in top big 5 but not called by any of the firms. Other top ten firms are ready to induct me even now...... What should i do now..... should i wait for the next attempt or apply in any other top ten firm..... Help me... Waiting for ur suggestions...

- Astute Accountant - 01-30-2009

Evaluate the oppertunity cost of waiting for the next attempt. If there is a fair probabilty of success in the next attempt, then you can wait otherwise don't waste your time. Time and the probabilty of success, are the two factors that need to be considered.

- GHK - 02-17-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sandeep_ca</i>
<br />i have recntly passed my CA intermediate examination(student of 11mfc). I only applied in top big 5 but not called by any of the firms. Other top ten firms are ready to induct me even now...... What should i do now..... should i wait for the next attempt or apply in any other top ten firm..... Help me... Waiting for ur suggestions...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Man u shud b waiting for the next attempt if u ve cleared ur ca-inter because deloitte will surely induct u if u pass their preliminary test, they r looking for those who ve either cleared their papers or ve attempted least no of papers like 4 or max 5, they in the sept session gave form to only those who had attempted atmost 5 papers combined c&d, i m a 13mfc i had attempted 6 papers comb c&d in sept so deloitte refused me to give form n they gave forms to those with 5 papers even of the 10 mfc, i ve cleared all 6 papaers the same attempt n m in frsh. u have a clear chance of being in deloitte do try next attempt, because where u r receiving calls from like top 10 firms they ll give give u calls later n later no matter what. so my bet wait for next attempt

- Sunny84 - 02-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GHK</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sandeep_ca</i>
<br />i have recntly passed my CA intermediate examination(student of 11mfc). I only applied in top big 5 but not called by any of the firms. Other top ten firms are ready to induct me even now...... What should i do now..... should i wait for the next attempt or apply in any other top ten firm..... Help me... Waiting for ur suggestions...
Man u shud b waiting for the next attempt if u ve cleared ur ca-inter because deloitte will surely induct u if u pass their preliminary test, they r looking for those who ve either cleared their papers or ve attempted least no of papers like 4 or max 5, they in the sept session gave form to only those who had attempted atmost 5 papers combined c&d, i m a 13mfc i had attempted 6 papers comb c&d in sept so deloitte refused me to give form n they gave forms to those with 5 papers even of the 10 mfc, i ve cleared all 6 papaers the same attempt n m in frsh. u have a clear chance of being in deloitte do try next attempt, because where u r receiving calls from like top 10 firms they ll give give u calls later n later no matter what. so my bet wait for next attempt
yup - I agree wid that too