Accountancy Forum
Let us introduce ourselves - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meet the members (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Let us introduce ourselves (/showthread.php?tid=53)

- khalidsaeed - 01-03-2009

dats ma id
u guyz cn contct iv u want????
frankwoodngc@hotmail.com

- faizee - 01-04-2009

dear khalid i prefer u to first complete your study and then go for any firm..when i start my ca i asked same question as yours to my relative who is global director of mortein in reckit and benkicser and he advise me to fully concentrate on my studies and today i am really thankful of him..anyways just concentrate on your studies then think about some job.

best of luck

- fnas85 - 01-05-2009

Assalam-o-Alaekum Everyone!

Just joined this forum. I don't know what to say, some of you people are just great!!

Well let me share my story too.. After Intermediate I took admission in CA, got stuck & took a lot of time to complete my Foundation only, during that passed my B.Com. Took admission in M.A. Economics and Finance (Karachi University as a regular student), switched to CMA (ICMAP) and still continuing it & have passed up to Stage 4. Completed my M.E.F in 2007.
Working as an Accounts Officer 6 months almost (US Based company - Night shift) but in a fix as to continue it or complete my CMA (Stage 5 and 6) first.

Any advise will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Farrukh

- sana sana - 01-09-2009

hii this is sana from islamabad
doing PIPFA i joined this forum today when i needed detail about topic marginal and absorption costing i find this site very informative and helpful
[)]i m really very happy to find this site
i would like to say thanx for all those person who are working for this site

- alirehman - 01-09-2009

Assalam o Alaikum!
i am ali from karachi student of ACCA.i have been visiting this site since i have registered myself as an ACCA student.. i was confused in lot of things but then the posts here by the expereinced members helped me in choosing the right path.. its a very good forum so i decided to be a part of this forum ..i hope that i will continue learning a lot of things from you people and would try my best to guide others as well..

ALi Rehman

- imranmk3 - 01-09-2009

to calculate capital employeed , how to calculate net profit if follwing info given to u?
1 share holder equity
2 reserves
3 profit before tax
4 tax
5 proposed dividend
6 long term loan
plzz tell what should include in calculation of net profit

imran (imranmk3@yahoo.com)

Topic

- alirehman - 01-09-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by imranmk3</i>
<br />to calculate capital employeed , how to calculate net profit if follwing info given to u?
1 share holder equity
2 reserves
3 profit before tax
4 tax
5 proposed dividend
6 long term loan
plzz tell what should include in calculation of net profit

imran (imranmk3@yahoo.com)

Topic

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hello imran
the method of calculating the company's net profit is explained below

ABC CO
INCOME STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMEBER 2002

REVENUE X
COST OF SALES (X)
______
GROSS PROFIT X
OTHER INCOME X
DISTRIBUTION
COST (X)
ADMINISTRATIVE
EXPENSE (X)
OTHER EXPENSE (X)
FINANCE COST (X)
_____
PROFIT BEFORE
TAX X
INCOME TAX (X)
______
NET PROFIT X

SHARE CAPITAL AND RESERVES ARE OWNED BY THE SHAREHOLDERS.. THEY ARE COLLECTIVELY KNOWN AS SHAREHOLDERS EQUITY SHOWN IN BALANCE SHEET..

DIVIDENDS WHICH HAVE BEEN PAID ARE SHOWN IN THE STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN EQUITY. THEY ARE NOT SHOWN IN THE INCOME STATEMENT BUT THEY ARE DEDUCTED FROM RETAINED EARNINGS IN THE BALANCE SHEET.. DIVIDENDS PROPOSED ARE NOT ADJUSTED THEY ARE SIMPLY DISCLOSED BY NOTE..

- imranmk3 - 01-09-2009

thanks brother
what about provision for tax ,it will deducted or not?

- imranmk3 - 01-09-2009

how u calculate fees and profit if following info given to u

*fees are equal to five time his direct cost.
*at any given time his stock is equal toone week s direct cost.
*he define a month as four week.
*his stock at 31may and30 june were valued at Rs 500.

please solve this
regards
imran

- admin - 01-09-2009

imranmk3

You already have opened a separate thread for your question. Kindly take this discussion to that other thread.

This thread is for member introductions.

- rabia-k - 01-10-2009

hi i am rabia doing ACCA in UAE ..this site is pretty good

- asattar - 01-19-2009

I am Abdul Sattar, recently done CA Inter and now a days doing Article ship................

- accastudent786 - 01-20-2009

hello everyone ,
i am very excited to be here and its nice to see everyone so sincere for each other .My name is Furqan and I have just started Acca , cleared ACCA Knowledge Module. This is a nice community for accountants.

- awaisaftab - 01-28-2009

My name is Awais Aftab. I am ICMA (Finalist). Basically I am a commerce graduate and also have master degree in Economics,M.A (Economics). Currently I am working with an advertizing agency as Accounts Manager.

- koonge - 02-01-2009

Guys, I just found out that "Koonge" actually means a crane. It doesn't mean a pelican, as I told you before. Sorry for the misinformation.