Accountancy Forum
Wanna do CA after MBBS - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Wanna do CA after MBBS (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- mroneflower - 02-10-2009

Dear dr_ahsen

I totally agree with information provided by awaisaftab

- kamranACA - 02-10-2009

Hmmm. If one is losing then other should be getting. Is not it a rule? If not, then the whole ship would be sinking altogether. I wonder in the presence of such rule people have grouses with CAs.

Regards,

- Pracs - 02-11-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />I strongly recomed you please don't take admission its a work of 5 to 7 year. CA's lossing their place in job market of Pakistan. You can do specialization and can earn more than a CA.

Awais Aftab

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Can you enlighten us how that is the case and who are CAs loosing their positions to ACMAs?

- mroneflower - 02-11-2009

Dear Awais Aftab

You are wasting your time will these ICAP people. There is no point to hit your head with wall, please totally ingore these ICAP people who have illusion that they are best where the case in oppsoite.

Just let you know a Senior member of this forum who is pro ICAP and ICAP members tried in almost all firms in England, Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland for training contact leading to examination of ICAEW, ICAI and ICAS and failed to secure position. This information is given by person himself(i am not mentioning name of person as ICAP people should be ignored completely). This is the worth of ICAP outside Pakistan and inside Pakistan ICAP position is also week as mentioned by you.

Same person also claims that he is working in big 4 in Uk and one of his post he said my firm train students for ICAS and ACCA and not ICAEW, means he is working in EY, but when asked that E&Y Uk is regulated by ICAEW but train its students for ACCA and ICAS, so how system works he replied he has no idae. Means He is not working in E&Y and any big 4 in UK, might be working in some firm situated in East ham area. What I want to say that ICAP people do lie when required.

Person also does not know what are the requirements for getting audit/practicing right/certificate in UK who calims that he is working in big4 in UK.

Person also does not know that ICAI(Ireland) is also UK based, but still he is working in big4.

So do not worry about these illionist.

Khalid

- kamranACA - 02-11-2009

Some people have no cure. May God help them. No wonder if some day one go to E&Y to remove his illusions.

- Pracs - 02-12-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Dear Awais Aftab

You are wasting your time will these ICAP people. There is no point to hit your head with wall, please totally ingore these ICAP people who have illusion that they are best where the case in oppsoite.

Just let you know a Senior member of this forum who is pro ICAP and ICAP members tried in almost all firms in England, Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland for training contact leading to examination of ICAEW, ICAI and ICAS and failed to secure position. This information is given by person himself(i am not mentioning name of person as ICAP people should be ignored completely). This is the worth of ICAP outside Pakistan and inside Pakistan ICAP position is also week as mentioned by you.

Same person also claims that he is working in big 4 in Uk and one of his post he said my firm train students for ICAS and ACCA and not ICAEW, means he is working in EY, but when asked that E&Y Uk is regulated by ICAEW but train its students for ACCA and ICAS, so how system works he replied he has no idae. Means He is not working in E&Y and any big 4 in UK, might be working in some firm situated in East ham area. What I want to say that ICAP people do lie when required.

Person also does not know what are the requirements for getting audit/practicing right/certificate in UK who calims that he is working in big4 in UK.

Person also does not know that ICAI(Ireland) is also UK based, but still he is working in big4.

So do not worry about these illionist.

Khalid

Khalid can we meet ? I suppose you are really in London? Not to clarify any of your misconceptions about myself or about any thing for that matter because only Allah can convince you in that matter. More so because I'd really be interested to see how a person can be so shortsighted in his outlook about life. Then again we have seen enough of you on this forum and I am just thinking do I need to meet a person such as you? NO, I guess not. This might be a little personal but that's how you like it don't you? You may want to check some of your spellings before you post in the future along with checking the meaning of words in a book called dictionary (I am sure you have heard about it)alternatively you can also right click on your mouse on the underlined words (that will fix your spellings, but won't tell you what the meanings are)

- kamranACA - 02-12-2009

It will go over from his head and he will eventually ask what you mean by criticisng mud slinging? Pracs, do u really need to meet this man just for the sake of knowing him. Yaaaakh! you are kidding dude. R u not? Ohh I guess it may be to see an 8th wonder. Is it so?

- Pracs - 02-13-2009

You read my post correct, I don't intend to meet him.

- kamranACA - 02-13-2009

I know

- dr_ahsen - 02-18-2009

kia yara ap log tu ladny he lag gye

- Shahbaz - 02-19-2009

Dr sahab ye aadat se majboor hein.. Aap janay do. D

- Pracs - 02-20-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahbaz</i>
<br />Dr sahab ye aadat se majboor hein.. Aap janay do. D

This is an inaccurate statement Shahbaz

- CFANerd - 03-09-2009

Can I have my take on this issue?
MBBS and CA?.....Doesn't it sound like pizza with black coffee? or Naan with ice cream to put in desi way? Just kidding.

I find accounting to be extremely dry. It is a number crunching, mind numbing profession. I tried to get into it but found it extremely unpleasant. I dont know whether it was numbers or some strange looking talking people that gave me a strange impression of CA.
I swear most of the CAs or wannabe CA's Ive seen are weirdos. I think it is a job where leadership and other skills don't matter much (doesnt have to be that way). MBA grooms you to be a leader.

I think CA can be quite lengthy and given an MD degree you can try some good MBA program and by good I mean top notch. Might take same amount of effort, less time and a great ROI.

You need informational interview or career counseling.

- CFANerd - 03-09-2009

Please take my comments lightly. Don't mean to offend anyone. I had this impression of CA since my high school. it doesn't necessarily have to be true. Forgive me for my bias.

- kamranACA - 03-09-2009

Dears,

Certainly such comments are personalized and should not be taken offensive. A note of similar comments about MBAs emanating from my personal experience is given hereunder.

The MBAs (either from abroad or, LUMS or IBA or others) which I have seen in last 13 years were the dumbs who were a clear picture of words without actions. The sons of industrialists are of course excluded from this category.

One of such examples was a controller of Pakistan's most renowned consumer product multinational comapny's factory who was an MBA from IBA Karachi.

MBAs may be good in export based industries but that stage comes when they develop their personal relationship with foreign buyers and their representatives. Otherwise, they are the most helpless people around us either it be HR or Finance or Banking or else.

No offense I guess. My observation may be totally a piece of trash.

Regards,

KAMRAN.