Accountancy Forum
Wanna do CA after MBBS - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Wanna do CA after MBBS (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- kamranACA - 03-21-2009

CFANerd,

From which college/Universitry/State you have done your MBA. What was the major subject and specialization.

Do you really want to revert to Pakistan? If yes, which one is the target city for you.

Please let me know.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- sumairalam - 03-22-2009

CFANerd already fired his MBA degree on March 15 2009, so there is no use of asking him.

Check http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=6732

- CFANerd - 03-25-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />What......... What did I hear on this forum. "If Dr. sahib goes for some nice MBA it would be much better than all the grinding and grilling of CA studies."

Issay kahtay hain, aa bayl mujhay maar.[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

Count down has already started. You are done buddy...I have started prayers for you.[)][)][)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did I say something wrong again? Am I wrong again? Bhai sahib I was just suggesting and thats all.
Again i missed the point of your comments [|)] Am I done? In the sense that I am jobless for two years or in the sense that I am a dumb MBA. Sorry bhai, your English is a bit hard for me.

- CFANerd - 03-25-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />CFANerd,

From which college/Universitry/State you have done your MBA. What was the major subject and specialization.

Do you really want to revert to Pakistan? If yes, which one is the target city for you.

Please let me know.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I ve done it from a bad bad school. Cant be any school worst than that. I did it in Finance. I would love to tell you my school but due to privacy reasons on the internet i apologize for keep some of personal information private. Sorry again.
Comin back to Pakistan? Sure. But I need to know whether I can get some job there or not. I am so out of touch with Pakistan for long time. Its been 10 years now. So i am unaware of the job market in Pakistan. Would be nice to get a decent job there.

- pshraddha - 04-09-2011

Dear Gona B Doctor Ahsen,
It is never too late to start anything in life if you are committed on staying motivated. So, I would suggest you to listen to your heart, question yourself for the reasons that are repelling you from your current 'medicine' field, weigh pros and cons (both financial and non-financial) and then take a decision.
Firstly, since you posted your question on a public forum, it is apparent that you are not certain about your next step. That means, you still need to do some soul-searching.
Ask yourself- what is the reason behind your interest in Chartered Accountancy?
Is it because you think Chartered Accountants make great money?
Is it because you think Chartered Accountants are smart?
What exactly is it apart from interest? Is it because you feel CA's make money instantly upon passing out?
After all the soul-searching, if you still feel that you are more passionate about entering the corporate world and managing funds for organizations, then I'd suggest you finish your MBBS and then only join Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Doing this will endow you with two advantages
1. You can return back to the medicine field just in case you find CA boring.
2. You'll gain respect from all your colleagues in CA institute...because just in case anybody happens to fall ill, u'll be able to help out )
So think carefully and make ur decision. In the end, what really matters is what you want.
Do what you want to do, be what you want to be because there is only one life and only one chance to all that you want to...and it is never too late to do any thing.
All the best )
Hope this helps

- pshraddha - 04-09-2011

and sorry for replying late...i presume you already are a DOCTOR P

- pearl - 09-03-2011

i did my olevels with science andalevels with commerce. And now i am doing ACCA and have cleared 8 out of 14 papers. But now i want to go for MBBS because of the following reasons.
1. Doctars are most respected as compare to any other profession.
2. Its very helpful for the family if a family member is a doctar
3. I have always found biology to be very interesing.
Please advice me what to do because if i change the field my 4 years would be wasted as i will have to do inter again with science

- pearl - 09-14-2011

hey i want your help and advice. It seems from your profile that you are a doctor so i decided consulting from you. I am a commerce student i.e i did my A-levels in commerce subjects and O-levels in science subjects. i have done further studies in the commerce field after my A-levels but now i want to change my field again as i have realized that no profession is more sacred and interesting than Medical. But as i dint so my A-levels in science subjects so for becoming a doctor i will have to do inter or A-levels again. What do you suggest?

RE: Wanna do CA after MBBS - ahsaneh - 07-18-2017

(01-21-2009, 02:43 AM)dr_ahsen Wrote: hi.
i had almost completed my MBBS, means am almost a doctor, but i wanna do CA.

Hi Dr Ahsen, I am also Dr Ahsan lol Big Grin. And I finished MBBS and am thinking about doing CA..wanted to ask if you actually wen through with it? and if so then how was your experience?