Accountancy Forum
What to do after Inter? B Com or BBA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What to do after Inter? B Com or BBA (/showthread.php?tid=5333)

What to do after Inter? B Com or BBA - moinadil57 - 01-24-2009

ASSLAM O ALIKUM,

I AM ADIL AND I HAVE COMPLETED MY INTERMEDIATE AND I WANT TO B COM OR BBA WHICH IS BETTER?

- Pracs - 01-24-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by moinadil57</i>
<br />ASSLAM O ALIKUM,

I AM ADIL AND I HAVE COMPLETED MY INTERMEDIATE AND I WANT TO B COM OR BBA WHICH IS BETTER??????????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Depends on what your plans are in the long run ? do you want to be an accountant or an MBA ? I personally thin B.com is a more technical degree and you cant go wrong with it - so your options are open for accountancy as well as MBA etc.

For BBA it really depends which Uni You are talking about ? LUMS, IBA yes BBA is better ocfourse

- faizee - 01-25-2009

Dear moin,
It is better for you do go for B.com because it will be easy for you and after b.com you can get any masters degree like MBA etc as BBA is just time consuming if you want to know about b.com scope then read sunday dawn,page career and see how many jobs are offered for b.com but there will be no jobs for bba's not only in dawn but all over.

Kind regards,
Faizan

- ayaz1 - 01-26-2009

Dear,

BBA is not less than Bcom in any respect. The only thing is that it is shadowed by MBA degree. So if you have plans to go for MBA in future, then BBA would provide you a sound base for that. BBA is a management + accounting degree (depends upon your majors), whereas Bcom is only an accounting degree. So if you intend to go for any accounting qualification like CA or ACCA etc. Then Bcom is better, bcoz you dont have to study management subjects in depth. However, BBA is unquestionably best for MBA. As for job market, if you are good at what you studied in BBA and have good command over management techniques, you have far better opportunities that Bcom.

Regards,
Ayaz

- Star - 02-09-2009

Adil,

You should plan your future right now after consulting with your teachers and parents that what you want to be in future.

If you shall join BBA, you have only option to do MBA. Well, MBA is the best if you do from a reputed university like IBA and LUMS.

If you do B.Com, then you have option to do MBA after graduation and also some other options as well, i.e. icma, ca, acca no doubt much stroger degrees in the field of accountancy than MBA (in my opinion).

So plan your career right now.

Regards,

- awaisaftab - 02-09-2009

Dear Audil

I strongly recomment to you take admission in B.Com. It is less costly and has more financial benefits.

Awais Aftab

- Rana Fawad G - 10-29-2009

Hello...I Think BBA And B.COM Both R Gud...Bco`z BBA is A 4 Years Degree And B.Com Is 2 Years
If U Will Do BBA In 4 Years...On Other Hand,You Will Do B.Com In 2 years And Start Doing MBA And Start Job During MBA...Your MBA Will Take 2 Years...Your B.Com And MBA Will Complete In 4 Years,,,And You Also Have The 2 Years Of Experience During MBA...So After Starting B.com,,,In 4 Years You Will Get B.Com Degree & MBA Degree & 2 Years Of Working Experience...Which Is Much Better Than BBA (Hons)4 Years....If Do BBA In 4 Years You Will Only Get Fresh Degree And No Experience...If U Want To Study More In Life Do B.Com....People Who Study Less Done BBA And Start Jobs.....
Thanx....~RFG~

- Rana Fawad G - 10-29-2009

Read My Comment Wid Name Rana Fawad G
Its Best 4 U
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by moinadil57</i>
<br />ASSLAM O ALIKUM,

I AM ADIL AND I HAVE COMPLETED MY INTERMEDIATE AND I WANT TO B COM OR BBA WHICH IS BETTER?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- yasir_live - 11-05-2009

I think you should go for MSC.