Accountancy Forum
ACCA Student going to UAE for articleship - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: ACCA Student going to UAE for articleship (/showthread.php?tid=5344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Ali_Hassan - 02-16-2009

Hi Danish,
I am in Oman, quite close to UAE, here one of my friend say they recruit from June to December, not sure though!do get some advice by others in this,this is only for a bit of information which could be wrong, If u got a bit of refrence tht'll be good..Good Luck anyways!

Regards

- tariqab - 02-16-2009

Danish

As mentioned by Ali Hassan recruitment period Jun-Dec, same is in UAE. But now situation is differ, not too many people are hiring as compare to the previous years, Here still situation is not very bad.

Regards
Tariq

- sheikh_sb - 02-18-2009

@DANISH
hows your result bro?
and r u in UAE ritenow?
found some articles of still tying to have them,
i am also a professional level student and intersted to go to middle east,

- danish4 - 02-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheikh_sb</i>
<br />@DANISH
hows your result bro?
and r u in UAE ritenow?
found some articles of still tying to have them,
i am also a professional level student and intersted to go to middle east,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dont ask about the result failed in all four paperz, i am still in PAK and still finding the articles [D], actually my brother is in Dubai, he also tell me the same that in dubai finding jobs in these days are not easy as it was so i am confused what to do, i think wajahathussain25 or some one else who is in same field can tell us whats real situation........

- Brohi - 03-03-2009

Danish 4,

Best time to move will be September to Febuarry for Big 4 in UAE .

There is no criteria depends on situation the firm is facing. Depends on clients and staff level in the firm. Ernst & Young is best in UAE.

All the best…..

- rabia-k - 03-03-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brohi</i>
<br />Danish 4,

Best time to move will be September to Febuarry for Big 4 in UAE .

There is no criteria depends on situation the firm is facing. Depends on clients and staff level in the firm. Ernst & Young is best in UAE.

All the best…..

what about PWC & KPMG?? i think E&Y only takes ACCA affiliates??

- Brohi - 03-03-2009

All the firms take part qualified... Mostly at Assistant level...

My ex-collegue joined E & Y as ACCA part qualified. I have my assistants as Part Qualified ACCA's..

All the Firms are have Plus and Negative points...KPMG has more work pressure compared to other and it depends on which Office of Big 4 you join or Section...

- danish4 - 03-04-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brohi</i>
<br />All the firms take part qualified... Mostly at Assistant level...

My ex-collegue joined E & Y as ACCA part qualified. I have my assistants as Part Qualified ACCA's..

All the Firms are have Plus and Negative points...KPMG has more work pressure compared to other and it depends on which Office of Big 4 you join or Section...

Brohi Part qualified(more then 7 papers cleared+1yrs or 1.5 yrs experience) or just 7 papers cleared and if you dont mind can you tell us that how much they are getting from big 4 at assistant level..
and thanks to all who answer my query .......

- Brohi - 03-04-2009

Danish,

7 papers or 13 papers it is Part Qualified. .Experience of a Good Audit firms count specially Big 4 is preferred..

Further, it depends at what time you are applying, which mode you have applied (Online Application or Staff referral - this is the best ...

Being an Affiliate and applying in the Big 4 is safe bet but it is not a guarantee so always pray for your luck.

It is my personal opinion, application send from Abroad are hardly entertained compared to any candidate who is present in the country.

Assistant salary depends on which Big 4 you join and what assistant level but it should not be less than 5K .I have no idea for assistant level recruitment at this time although Seniors have pretty more chances to be recruited compared to assistants.

So focus more on your exams and become an affiliate. Then come to UAE when market is good for accountants.

All the best

- Brohi - 03-04-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
what about PWC and KPMG?? i think E&Y only takes ACCA affiliates??

I forgot to mention PWC does not take Accounting test but the Technical Interview is tough.. All others have accounting test..

All the Best...

- danish4 - 03-05-2009

MILLION Thanks to you BROHI.

- Brohi - 03-05-2009

You are Welcome ))

- rabia-k - 03-05-2009

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
what about PWC and KPMG?? i think E&Y only takes ACCA affiliates??

I forgot to mention PWC does not take Accounting test but the Technical Interview is tough.. All others have accounting test..

All the Best...

Mr Brohi could you please elaborate on the accounting test.

- Brohi - 03-05-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danish4</i>
<br />MOOre stephens and sajjad haider both are ICAEW registered firm so i have decided to apply there first any one know there recruitment crieteria?????????

Both take Part Qualified ACCA...Please note Mid Tier firms usally have binding contract for 2-3 years and you cannot move and violating results Visa issues for next employment.

All the best...

- Brohi - 03-05-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mr Brohi could you please elaborate on the accounting test.

One needs to have strong financial accounting knowledge.

Actual stage is the Technical Interview which will decide the fate of application..