Accountancy Forum
ACCA IS NOT ALL - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA IS NOT ALL (/showthread.php?tid=5363)

ACCA IS NOT ALL - Minhas - 02-02-2009

DEAR FRIENDS .
AOA .
ACCA IS NOT ALL MEANS THAT ACCA IS NOT BIG BIGGGGG EDUCATION .
IN THIS WORLD ONLY ACCA IS NOT COMFORTABLE BECAUSE A STUDENT COMPLETE ACCA IN JUST 2.5 MORE THAN 3 YAERS .
I AM ALSO THE ACCA STUDENT BUT THINK THAT ACCA IS NOT ENOUGH I HAVE TO GO ANOTHER THING MAY BE GO TO CA OR OTHER REALTED EDUCATION .
BUT ONE THING REMEMBER IS THAT EDUCATION IS ONLY SUPPORT YOU TO GET BETTER BETTER JOB & OTHER THING IN LIFE . YOU HAVE TO PULL YOURSELF IN HARDWORK .
IN PAKISTAN VERY VERY VERY PEOPLES DOING ACCA . I THINK THAT IN 5 YEARS AFTER ACCA IS VERY VERY COMMON EDUCATION JUST LIKE B.Com .
SO FRIENDS YOU HAVE TO RISE YOUR HARDWORK BECUASE ACCA IS NOT ALLL .
IF I AM NOT RIGHT TELL ME & DISCUSS THIS TOPIC WITH ME BUT DISCUSS IT WITH PROFESSIONLY .

ZUHAIR

- aimaad22 - 02-02-2009

You are asking for a professional discussion yet the language you have used is very childish.

I agree a lot of people are doing ACCA in Pakistan, but remember not all of them pass and from what Ive seen the majority takes a lot of time to clear their papers. Also, remember that this is a regulated profession and from time to time we see changes in the marking policies of various accountancy bodies to influence the supply of accountants to the market. So, in the end you should only worry about yourself and not what is happening around you. Their is a very good scope yet for ACCA/CAs in the future, home and abroad, at least compared to most other professions so no need to despair.

But yes, the sky is the limit, so why stop after ACCA? If you have the desire you should keep on expanding your knowledge and skill base when you can. Degrees, qualifications etc only provide you with the basis of your career, the rest is how you deal with the practical challenges of life. Im aware and agree, that after getting a qualification like the ACCA you should not think that the hard work is done.

Im only an ACCA student at the moment, but those are my views )

- Minhas - 02-02-2009

DEAR FRIEND YOU UNDERSTAND NATURE OF THE TOPIC BUT PLZ FORGET THAT WHAT LANGUAGE IS UESD .
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IS THING AS WELL .
KEEP SHARING YOUR'S VIEWS WITH ME .
ZUHAIR

- mroneflower - 02-02-2009

ACCA has only 700 members in Pakistan. If Minhas thinks ACCA is not good he should leave ACCA. Minhas what is your qualiication.

If ACCA is not big qualification then you should leave it and should do something which is big.

Khalid

- rabia-k - 02-02-2009

[?]

- aimaad22 - 02-05-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Minhas</i>
<br />DEAR FRIEND YOU UNDERSTAND NATURE OF THE TOPIC BUT PLZ FORGET THAT WHAT LANGUAGE IS UESD .
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IS THING AS WELL .
KEEP SHARING YOUR'S VIEWS WITH ME .
ZUHAIR
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dont take it personally, but if you go on using this sort of unprofessional and immature talking style then it will be a much bigger problem for your career than this supposed saturation of ACCA students you are worried about.

I think most members will agree with me on this.