Accountancy Forum
Big 4 Articles - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Big 4 Articles (/showthread.php?tid=5442)

Pages: 1 2

Big 4 Articles - rizla86 - 02-19-2009

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot about articles from Big 4 firms on this forum. I understand that to get articles here in Pakistan you need to be at least CA Inter or ACCA affiliate to be considered by Big 4 (based in Lahore).

I've returned recently from the UK where I did my bachelors (BSc Hons Business Management and Accounting). I got a 21 in that (equivalent to B) and at school level I have done O-levels and A-levels (took Accounting in both). I have passed 5 papers of ACCA (F1, F2, F3, F5 and F8) and will be passing remaining fundamental level papers in the June 2009 attempt.

In the UK the standard for entry as trainee into any of the big firms is a minimum of 21 in a bachelors degree which is what I have currently. What I would like to know is whether my application would be entertained by the Big 4 here in Lahore on the basis of my graduation from a UK university and how likely I am to get in.

- GHK - 02-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rizla86</i>
<br />Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot about articles from Big 4 firms on this forum. I understand that to get articles here in Pakistan you need to be at least CA Inter or ACCA affiliate to be considered by Big 4 (based in Lahore).

I've returned recently from the UK where I did my bachelors (BSc Hons Business Management and Accounting). I got a 21 in that (equivalent to B) and at school level I have done O-levels and A-levels (took Accounting in both). I have passed 5 papers of ACCA (F1, F2, F3, F5 and F8) and will be passing remaining fundamental level papers in the June 2009 attempt.

In the UK the standard for entry as trainee into any of the big firms is a minimum of 21 in a bachelors degree which is what I have currently. What I would like to know is whether my application would be entertained by the Big 4 here in Lahore on the basis of my graduation from a UK university and how likely I am to get in.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
oh God! I not in life ve ever heard som1 so confident about him/herself "will be passing remaining fundamental level papers in the June 2009 attempt."
but hey! now i ve heard(...ok, read) som1 talking too,ooo,oooo much confident

- GHK - 02-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rizla86</i>
<br />Hi guys,

and as far as your application is concerned graduates can begin their articleships with firms, as per icap guidlines, but as far as i know big 4 firms dont induct som1 having less than ca-inter or atleast fresh mfc having attempted mod-d papers, that's in khi, what the scene in lhr, i ve no idea but it ll b same with some variation evrywhere in pakistan, and as for acca's they r inducted for related advisory services mainly, because there r so many applicants having ca background they dont have enough room 4 acca's in audit services. wish ll help u to some extent[)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
"Be good and you will be lonesome."

- GHK - 02-19-2009

BTW, m i 4gettin somthng
welcum 2 the forum (frm me n on part ofevry1 else)
nice time may u ve

- GHK - 02-19-2009

feel no offence in my posts, plz

- rizla86 - 02-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
oh God! I not in life ve ever heard som1 so confident about him/herself "will be passing remaining fundamental level papers in the June 2009 attempt."
but hey! now i ve heard(...ok, read) som1 talking too,ooo,oooo much confident

Its not about overconfidence. If you study properly you will pass, its as simple as that.

- GHK - 02-20-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>originally posted by rizla86</i>
Its not about overconfidence. If you study properly you will pass, its as simple as that.
that s obvious. i agree but not cent per cent. whatever u do u can not just sit back n relax waitin 4 result 2 c u pass ur pprs whenever a coin is tossed there s equal chance 4 both heads n tails 2 turn up. ok here may not be equal chance 4 both passing n not passing ur pprs but it does exist no matter how small, it does. n that s a fact, that s i bleev

- GHK - 02-20-2009

hey btw there was acca result some days back, wat was urs? surely if u wanna tell, ok. well watevr ppr u attmpt nxt time good luck n hope u ll cement ur words, that u ve recently uttered, in that attmpt

- rabia-k - 02-20-2009

i agree with rizla86, if students study properly, are well prepared then definetly they will pass, atleast i am sure of in case of ACCA papers. i dont know about other accountancy bodies. however whether you pass with a 50% or 88% is a differnt thing.

but if a student hasnt studied / prepared well for the exam then he/she can just toss a coin and make a guess - heads/pass ...tails/fail .... and then start stdying again (in case of tails). ther is always a 2nd time.

- nakaiun - 02-20-2009

i f4 im expecting to clear but i get 43 im not happy wid acca[(]

- rabia-k - 02-21-2009

nakaiun you dont have to be disappointed.. there is always a 2nd time.

- nakaiun - 02-21-2009

mis rabia how many hours u give to ur studies
if im giving 3 papers of acca how many hours should i give in a day

- nakaiun - 02-21-2009

im giving f45and 7 what papers u r giving in june09

- rabia-k - 02-21-2009

nakaiun in december i took F5 and F1. I studied 7 hrs for F5 . since i dont work, i used to study 3 hours in the morning, mostly learning and 4 hours in the evening doing exam questions for f5.
i am giving F6 and F4 this june inshallah.

- GHK - 02-23-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />nakaiun in december i took F5 and F1. I studied 7 hrs for F5 . since i dont work, i used to study 3 hours in the morning, mostly learning and 4 hours in the evening doing exam questions for f5.
<b>i am giving F6 and F4 this june inshallah</b>.
well that sounds more realistic/logical,"i will be giving", than,"i will be passing"