Accountancy Forum
Is recession really here? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Economics (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Is recession really here? (/showthread.php?tid=5450)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- kamranACA - 01-06-2010

Shahbaz

I at the outset suggested you to offer apologies to posters of this thread. Agreeing or not agreeing was your prerogative but I felt you will accept my suggestion.

I believe any wrong doing is wrong either done by me, you or any one else and it cannot be transformed to anyother shape without realizing the mistake.I no where supported the wrong comments posted by you. So, there is no issue of diplomacy. Do you feel I should be diplomatic on this 2 plus 2 equal to 4 issue?

In fact I was and am of the view that we should hold our tongues while passing odd comments about the word "SYED". If somebody uses this caste incorrectly, he is responsible of his act at his own. I am also of the view that if we cannot improve or can offer no personal contribution to improve our areas we should not post hatred about them at least. I wonder if there is some diplomacy in it. I also wonder if I mistakenly put my foot on some one's tail by saying this.

BTW Here we have examples who were duly appointed Legal Counsel of some real craps. They were so concerned about their fradulent, liar, dirty minded, ill-mannered, criminal crappy clients that prompted them to leave no stone unturned to save their skin. Every one knows how deep were those efforts of dilution. I am least concerned about the continuety of such thinking if it is not yet gone.

I personally know how frustrated it could be when some one feels that he has international tags with his name but still no one gives a damn "back at home". That makes to criticise what were witnessing and what we are witnessing. I would again request them not to criticise Pakistan merely for the reason they are not part of it. Eventually they are from same soul.

Shahbaz,

Do you feel it is still diplomatic? If yes, let me know. I have time to post.

Regards,

Kamran.

- MRS - 01-06-2010

@ Awais

Dear I am not a lawyer and rest assured I am not pleading some ones case. I was just mentioning the reasons that why one blame the society for the conduct of an individual.
It is very common that if any individual misbehaves in another country the fingers are raised towards his home country. There can always be counter arguments as rightly pointed out by Mr.Kamran but we cannot deny that individual conduct is the result of society as they say “Man is known by his company”

On the different note, dear I am also not AHLAY ZUBAN but I do like Urdu poetry and believe that Urdu literature and poetry is not property of any community.

There are many examples like Faiz, Faraz and Parveen Shakir etc. who are known as great Urdu poets but Urdu was not their first language.

Regards

M.Rizwan

- awaisaftab - 01-06-2010

++++

- Toronto_Boy - 01-06-2010

Engage and divert tactics by a self offered legal counsel of a frustrated, dirty minded, ill-mannered, damn, crap, self picked client. Nice try.

- kamranACA - 01-06-2010

Awais / MRS

I have closely observed the spoken Urdu at Karachi, where mostly people claim to be Ahl-e-zuban and are widely accepted as such. In a generalized term a wide population of Karachi is called as "Urdu Speaking".

Based upon such close observation, I always felt that the language commonly used at Karachi as Urdu is in fact quite a modified format of original Urdu language. Such modification is significant and material.

If we go into the history of evolution of Urdu language and its prior versions "reekhta", we will conclude the same thing theoratically as well.

The people of Karachi and other provinces of Pakistan who hail from Lakhnau or Dehli speak the real version of Urdu. I coinciddently met a man relating to Sukkur (now settled at Karachi) whose family is from Dehli. Now he is my friend. They are original Urdu speaking people. Believe you me when he speaks Urdu, I can only wish to listen him without any interruption. He (and his family members) speak so soft, so nice, so mannered, so cultured and so clear Urdu. I never saw a short glimpse of such Urdu at any corner of Karachi by the general population tagged as Urdu speaking.

So, every one titled as "Urdu speaking" does not necessarily be a "real Urdu speaking" and Ahl-e-Zuban". Yes, they can be cliamant of and Ahl of the Zuban (version of Urdu) they speak, considering it to be Urdu, which I regrettfully say is not that justified.

I wrote a truth and I know truth is criticised. So, I am ready. Do criticise it but with logic and evidence. (for those who believe I am wrong).

First of all there is no advocacy of any wrong doing at all. I wonder why it is not understandable.

Secondly even if it is treated to be so-called advocacy, the Duly Appointed Legal Counsels of fradulent, liar, dirty minded, ill-mannered, criminal crappy clients should find the difference between saying "wrong" as "wrong" and saying "wrong" as "right". Even if it is taken in their terms, the difference between Aitezaz and "Malik Qayyum" cannot be parted with.

I know in frustration the ability to differentiate reduces materially.

Since I did not put my feet on any one's tail deliberately and I have no concern with them as well, I look forward to avoid their Notanky and Tanky etc. If it is not acceptable, then banda haazir hai.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- awaisaftab - 01-06-2010

----

- MRS - 01-06-2010

Guys, please do not initiate a new controversy over here and try to avoid comparisons b/w Karachi and Punjab. I am living in Karachi since birth and can assure you that people over here whether literate or illiterate use word <b>AAP</b> for elders, there may be exceptions which are in any society.

I do believe that Urdu is not confined to one city or community and its our national language so we as a nation are proud of this language. As already mentioned there is great contribution in Urdu literature and poetry by non Urdu speaking community.

If I am not wrong, even Mirza Ghalib was not accepted as Urdu poet by Dehli walas.

I want to recall the words of Ismail Merchant the great british based indian film maker when he made his last film titled <u><b>In Custody</b></u>. "At the time of partition we thought that birth of Pakistan will give new life to Urdu Language but unfortunately Pakistan became <u><b>Urdu ka maqbara</b></u>”

Regards

M.Rizwan

- Ali RAZA - 01-06-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid</i>
<br />@Admin
Hmm Chalo voting karao mujhe ban karne k liye.

@maqszaman
Bas itne mein hi khamosh ho gaye? [D]

@kamranACA
Hmmm, diplomacy khel rahe hein. [D]

@Toronto girl, awaisaftab and his kind,
Notanki salay!!

@Toronto girl
Befiker raho mein posts na hi delete karoonga aur na hi edit. Mein abhi tak apni baat pe pakka hoon. Tum apni socho. [d] Phir se 'Notanki Salay!!' [P]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Your post clearly reflects your family background.

- Toronto_Boy - 01-07-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />In 2005 I visited Karachi. I had a good perception about the people of Karachi. My residence was in Nazimabad. I visited many areas of Karachi. The urdu which was being spoken by the common people was like the urdu which is generally spoken in indian moview. The urdu of karachi is much similar with the urdu or hindi which is spoken in Bambayee/Mambayee. This Urdu has no connection with the urdu of Lukhnow and Delhi rather it is Bambayee made version of urdu. It was stranging for me that the words which are commonly used in karachi to address one another are "Tu", Tum" in my mind there was a concept that the people of karachi use the words like Qibla,Hazrat,Janab etc etc. But amazingly I am sorry to say small children used the words "Tum" Tu" and "Tujhe" to talk with elders. There is no concept of using the word "Aap". It is a bitter reality.

Contrarily in Punjab even if you talk with illiteral villagers in urdu then you will note that they use the word "Aap" to address the other. More over in Punjab the urdu whic is being spoken is much soften and nice than the urdu which is being spoken in Karachi.

Dear Awais

Nice post. Perhaps I would share my views subject to availability of time. Would you please tell us which number of Nazimabad you stayed in. Did you go to Agha juice?

Regards

- awaisaftab - 01-07-2010

- sensible - 01-07-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<br />Guys, please do not initiate a new controversy over here and try to avoid comparisons b/w Karachi and Punjab. I am living in Karachi since birth and can assure you that people over here whether literate or illiterate use word <b>AAP</b> for elders, there may be exceptions which are in any society.

I do believe that Urdu is not confined to one city or community and its our national language so we as a nation are proud of this language. As already mentioned there is great contribution in Urdu literature and poetry by non Urdu speaking community.

If I am not wrong, even Mirza Ghalib was not accepted as Urdu poet by Dehli walas.

I want to recall the words of Ismail Merchant the great british based indian film maker when he made his last film titled <u><b>In Custody</b></u>. "At the time of partition we thought that birth of Pakistan will give new life to Urdu Language but unfortunately Pakistan became <u><b>Urdu ka maqbara</b></u>”

Regards

M.Rizwan

agreed.... m also a karachite

- Toronto_Boy - 01-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />I stayed in Nazimabad No 6. I did not visit Agha Juice or any juice but I visited Goal Market many times.

Yes, that is a famous market of the area. There were some other important places in Nazimabad# 6 like Hamdard facility (perhaps factory if I am not mistaken), Baqai Hospital and medical university, Old Zia Uddin Hospital, Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Eid-Gah ground, and Jamat Khana etc.

Nazimabad has produced many big names of our country including Dr. Qadeer Khan (Mohsin-e-Pakistan).

http//www.jang.com.pk/jang/jan2010-daily/13-01-2010/col1.htm

Regards

- awaisaftab - 01-11-2010

Have you lived in Nazimabad??

- Toronto_Boy - 01-11-2010

I know some areas of Karachi quite well. Nazimabad is one of those.

- Mujahid - 01-22-2010

<b>This is an advice of one of the GREAT KHANS</b>

Tum great khan nahi tum 'gay rat khan' ho.