Accountancy Forum
ACCA query.. please help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA query.. please help (/showthread.php?tid=5534)

ACCA query.. please help - ali_boy9 - 03-11-2009

hello everyone.
im really confused on a matter. this june im giving F4,F5,F6and F8.. i wanted to know that can i give F7,F9 P1 and P2 after passing the above papers.
i wnet to acca office as well. they said yes i can . but when i read the EXAM DATE SHEET f7 and p2 are on same day. then how can one give these papers together.. plz read tihs sessions ( june) date sheet.
please do help me.
regards.. ali

- Muhammad Amir - 03-11-2009

No, you can not attempt P2 without passing F7. Similarly, you can not attempt P1 without passing F5. This is justified on the grounds that knowledge of F7 is inevitable for P2.

F7 is Financial Reporting which is an intermediate level paper, whereas, P2 is corporate reporting which is an advanced level paper. Without passing F7 you can not attempt P2 thats why ACCA conducts both papers on same day.

You can not attempt any paper of Professional Level "P-Series" without paying for all outstanding papers of Fundamentals Level "F-Series". For example, if you want to attempt P1 or P2 then you have to pay fees for all of the outstanding papers of Fundamentals Level even if you want to leave one.

- ali_boy9 - 03-12-2009

So amir bhai can i go for f7,f9,P1&P3..
As far as i know we can take professional papers with the 2fundamentals papers left.

- danish4 - 03-12-2009

Not with 2 F series papers, you can take the professional level paper with remaining FUNDAMENTAL level papers

- rabia-k - 03-12-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ali_boy9</i>
<br />hello everyone.
im really confused on a matter. this june im giving F4,F5,F6and F8.. i wanted to know that can i give F7,F9 P1 and P2 after passing the above papers.
i wnet to acca office as well. they said yes i can . but when i read the EXAM DATE SHEET f7 and p2 are on same day. then how can one give these papers together.. plz read tihs sessions ( june) date sheet.
please do help me.
regards.. ali
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

you must be a genious Mashallah to give f4, f5, f6 and f8 together.!!

- ali_boy9 - 03-12-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ali_boy9</i>
<br />hello everyone.
please do help me.
regards.. ali

you must be a genious Mashallah to give f4, f5, f6 and f8 together.!!

YES WITH THE GRACE OF ALLAH I'M A GENIOUS. BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF.

- ali_boy9 - 03-12-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danish4</i>
<br />Not with 2 F series papers, you can take the professional level paper with remaining FUNDAMENTAL level papers

danish ..in your reply is it "NOW" or is it "NOT" at the begining ??

- rabia-k - 03-12-2009

ali have you checked the exam timings?

- rabia-k - 03-12-2009

i just called up ACCA Dubai to check about giving f7 and p2 together but they refused. u cant sit them together because both are on the same day and the exams start at the same time.

- Muhammad Amir - 03-12-2009

You can attempt <b>PAPERS</b> in any order as long as <b>MODULES</b> are attempted in order. For example, you can attempt F7, F8 and F9 before attempting F4, F5 and F6, <b>as long as</b> you attempt Modules in order. For example, you can not attempt P1, P2 and P3 without paying outstanding fees of any of the remaining 'F-Level' papers. However, you can attempt any one or two of the three "Essential Module Papers (i.e. P1 to P3)" in any order. For example, you are having F9 (Financial Management) to go in Fundamentals Level and you want to attempt P3 with F9 then you can easily attempt F9 with P3 without paying for P1 and P2.

@ Ali If you want to attempt F7, F9, P1 and P3 then you will be eligible to attempt these papers as long as you have no other papers left in <b>F-Level</b>.

- ali_boy9 - 03-12-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />ali have you checked the exam timings?

yes i checked the timings and that's why i got surprised to know that both were at the same day and as time as well.
i've asked alot of people uptil now and they said combination of f7 n p2 is not valid because it's some how advance of f7 and acca assumes that whiles studying professional papers you have knowledge of the fundamentals.

now that they said and the ACCA office.

They gave me another combination of papers i.e F7,F9,P1 and P3.
and i guess thats not bad though.
anyways how's your acca going?? gave any exams in last dec. ?