Accountancy Forum
lets share our interview experience - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: lets share our interview experience (/showthread.php?tid=5586)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

lets share our interview experience - Rana Gohar - 03-20-2009

guys their is a need to guide others by sharing our experience regarding our interviews...
2day i was interviewd in AFF and got rejected... simply because i was not able to answer some of there tricky questions... they asked me standard costing formulaes..(
they can ask u any thing buddies.. just be prepared b4 attempting the interview.. donot take it for granted.. do ur preparations same as they r done for examzz..

yar i m 13th mfc student having 2 papers of C and 2 papers of D refferd/attempted... AFF called me because it calls every one..
pls advise me tht should i expect a call from KPMG, delloitte and FRSH???

all i want to clear here about the rumours spreaded regarding these firms that they r recruiting only a small number of sellected candidates... ....
thnxx

- danish4 - 03-21-2009

Dear you got call because you are 13th mfc student, kpmg and e&y are currently considering MFC 15,14,13...............

- mr.4hm3d - 03-23-2009

i havent yet received an interview call from AFF i am an acca affiliate and heard that AFF do not take acca's , havent even recieved any call from other three, are interviews and recruitment process over at AFF ???

@ RANA when did you recieve ur interview call? how many days before your interview? were you interviewd on 19th ? how many interviewers were there?

- mr.4hm3d - 03-23-2009

@RANA was it your first interview or second at AFF ? did they tell you at the spot that you are rejected?

- A.S - 03-24-2009

yaar brother...its true that FRSH requires very few trainees and i ve even heard that they r taking a written test frm the candidates.
can anybody telme tht whether AFF & co hav started their 2nd interview calls?

- mr.4hm3d - 03-24-2009

i havnt even recieved first interview call from AFF and u r talkng about 2nd s

- Rana Gohar - 03-24-2009

yar i was interviewd on thursday 19th marcha... n the call was recieved on 18th at 5 pm approx....it was the first interview... n maze ki baat.. we were 6 students of 13th mfc and i was interviewed at last of all AND WE ALL WERE REJECTED... yup they told me that i m rejected and enumerated a qoute " we dunt want best we want more than best " huhhhhh

well can any body tell me that when is KPMG calling 13th mfc students??

- mr.4hm3d - 03-24-2009

thnx rana

evryone plz share here if u get an interview call.

@rana no idea about KPMG yet

- A.S - 03-24-2009

yar i was askin abt the 2nd interview cuz i hav been w8ing 4 d 2nd call since 1 week...i had my 1st interview on 13th march.

- mr.4hm3d - 03-24-2009

if anyone else got an intrview call from big4 or got selected in big4 plz mention here and also share ur interview experience

- A.S - 03-25-2009

yar can anybody plz telme that if sum1 gets into a firm ...then later on can he switch to another firm?? ( for e.g if he gets selected into another firm,after joining a particular firm 1st)

do firms object to this? esp do the firms who are being left object to this??

- mr.4hm3d - 03-25-2009

A.S can u tell us what kind of questions were u asked @ KPMG & AFF ???

- sheikh_sb - 03-25-2009

wht is 13mfc student,i am acca student n cant understand this term,is it like somebody passed 13 papers of CA inter??

- A.S - 03-25-2009

To mr4ahmed

yaar in KPMG my 1st interview was like a joke ...it was nothing..all he asked me was "telme abt urself..ur siblings...ur fatherz business.and similar stuf ...and there was a constant debate ..cuz he was asking me tht "wot if we gave u an opportuinity toi join us and at the same time AFF gave u the same opportunity...who wud u go 4?"

then in the 2nd interview @ KPMG ...the interviewer (probably a manager) asked me academic questions relating to c.law.
it was much better than the 1st one and went good too ..

but yar the scene on AFF was completeli different ..as there was a continous rapid fire of academic questions ...and was much much tougher than KPMG...

so it was l

- Faizii - 03-26-2009

does anyone recieved an interview call from FRSH?. and A.S do you selected by KPMG or not?