Accountancy Forum
CA procedure - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA procedure (/showthread.php?tid=5603)

CA procedure - saima - 03-24-2009

My name is saima. I have just completed my F.Sc(pre medical)examination.(my percentage is 70%).I wanted to do CA but I have
no information about it.So please someone help me and answer the following questions which are

- what is CA and ACCA?
- What is procedure to complete CA and ACCA?
- Which one is better CA or ACCA on the basis of salary?

I hope i will receive answers of these questions from
very active members of this forum.[)]
Thanks

- Saracen - 03-24-2009

CA or ACCA..it all depends on the future that u wanna choose after qualification.
For CA u need to pass a total of 20 subjects...divided into 6 modules..for the first 4 modules u need to get admission in some RAETs (colleges)..these days TSA and ALhamd are the good ones...for Module A u can get exemption on the basis of Inter percentage..rest of the details will be given to u when u go to RAET for info..After passing Mod D u need to undergo training with a firm of CAs..Ferguson, KPMG and FRSH are the best in town...3 yrs training minimum..and 3.5 maximum..if u pass ur Mod E anf F in first attempt then 3 yrs only...both E and F are held in the training phase..
For ACCA u need to pass 5 pprs of CAT first...CAMS recommended for this..then u join ACCA stream and pass a total of 14 pprs to pass ACCA..once again CAMS recommended...after passing ACCA u can still join CA firm for 3 yrs training and then pass last 2 modules to pass CA...
I would recommend CA but after passing ACCA coz ACCA helps to sharpen skills...in Pakistan CA is the best but abroad the difference is not much...

- saima - 03-25-2009

Thanks Saracen for reply.

- shashan - 04-06-2009

Thankx Saracen,
I need the above information for CA
and i have same situation with saima.
mean my exams are going to start after 1 month,intermediate pre medical.want to do CA,
Can You Tell me after inter mediate total time required for CA

- Mujahid - 04-13-2009

I dont think any CA institute(RAET) is offering hostel facility. Besides, if you want to become a Chartered Accountant, you can take admission right away and start preparing for Module A. There is no need to become a PIPFA qualified first and then think of becoming a Chartered Accountant.
Regarding CA procedure, well its very simple. Pass Module A, B, C, and D, and get admitted in any CA firm. Get your training/articleship for 3 years and pass Module E and F. You can only appear in Module E after 1.5 years of your articleship. Thats it.

- mathemannie - 04-14-2009

thanks for ur kind reply mujahid.i was'nt expecting a reply so early.well! not possible for me to take admission right now becaz i have to persuade my parents first.furthermore after doing
pipfa i will enjoy exemption from ca module A and B.so,Whatever i m doing is the best in the circumstances i m exposed to
Plz tell me about expenditure on ca.if there is no such instiute offering hostel facilities 4 CA than what the students hailing from other cities do(especially girlz)?.Also,through this platform i knew about a ca institute named ncmbs(if my memory is not misleading me) offering hostel facilities.Do u know about any such institute.
i think most of the members of accoutancy forum know about ca procedure and every thing related to this.so,plz share ur experiences.

- Mujahid - 04-14-2009

For fee, visit the link

http//www.icap.org.pk/web/links/0/fee.php

For RAETs

http//www.icap.org.pk/web/links/248/listofraets.php

Call each one of them and ask them about hostel facility. I think you were talking about this RAET
National College of Business & Management Sciences (NCBMS)
14-H, F/8, Markaz
Islamabad
Ph 051-2853364, 2263807, 2254925 Fax 2853362
E-mail ncbms@apollo.net.pk

Regarding PIPFA, well you can work hard on passing the two modules A and B and who knows you could pass it in the first attempt. Going for PIPFA won't be a nice decision in my view.

- Mujahid - 04-14-2009

Since I'm from Karachi, I have no idea if any RAET in Islamabad is offering any such facility.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-17-2009

PAC in lahore is also offering hostel facility now.....

for detail, please visit PAC website...... www.pac.edu.pk

for CA info..... www.icap.org.pk

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-20-2009

ACCA is much better..........

- Schuaeb - 04-22-2009

If you search this forum thoroughly you may have more detailed information as regards the questions and you will be in a better position to specify your questions

- Astute Accountant - 04-28-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid</i>
<br />
National College of Business & Management Sciences (NCBMS)
14-H, F/8, Markaz
Islamabad
Ph 051-2853364, 2263807, 2254925 Fax 2853362
E-mail ncbms@apollo.net.pk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

NCBMS has relocated to some other sector ( If I'm not mistaken, it's in H-9 now).

Moreover, the hostel you've refered to is not owned by the aforesaid college. Infact none of the colleges have their owned hostels. The students have to arrange for the accomodation at their own. NCBMS only refers it's students to that hostel.

Hope that helps!