Accountancy Forum
Challenges for Pakistani Textile Industry - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Economics (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Challenges for Pakistani Textile Industry (/showthread.php?tid=5610)

Pages: 1 2

- Adil.Iqbal - 03-27-2009

Thank U Kamran !!!

I have read the below comments of textile circles in newspapers (Excerpts are pasted here FYI & further comments).

They are of the view that Pakistan textile industry is exposed to a new kind of opportunity.

"This is right time to capture the world markets," said the industry circles. They further added that Pakistan textile industry was a compact industry. Also, Pakistan was in a little insulation with the present world financial debacle, as none of the banks was hit here like the rest of the world. And if any, only to the extent of fat melting, they said, that there was no hue and cry in the country that Habib Bank was drowned or the MCB was dead.

Interestingly, they further mentioned that Pakistan textile industry was geared to what the present world market demand was. Earlier, they said, Pakistan textile industry was criticised for manufacturing low-cost jeans, but this inefficiency had turned into a potential amidst recession-hit economies around the globe.

"We can only manufacture jeans worth 15 to 25 dollars, which is in full demand across the world markets now," said one senior spinner, adding "This is right time for Govt to sit down with the industry and identify what they can do for tapping the opportunity, as the industry's problem list is not too long." The industry circles strongly believed that a mocking approach of previous regime damaged the basic textile severely, and they dubbed the last eight years as a draconian era for basic textile.

The above were few comments from the textile sectors own personnel pasted here for info only....

As U have suggested in ur previous post that a decline in interest rate would do the job for the Textile sector but could it be possible for us ??? ur breif comment is awaited.

ADIL

- kamranACA - 03-27-2009

Adil,

There is a need of business process re-engineering in this sector. If some one would be able to do, he will survive, provided the interest rates come down and policies result in transferring some GDP growth contribution to this sector primarily from the banking sector.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- CFANerd - 03-28-2009

when did this thread start?
Kamran? Akailay Akailay?[)]

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 03-31-2009

kamranACA is rightly saying.... it should be moved.......

- kamranACA - 04-04-2009

Yes, no body from economists has thrown any light. It may be better to hand it over to number crunchers.

I think other activities of the members of this forum have engaged the Admin un-necessarily. I hope Admin will be free soon to consider it moving.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Schuaeb - 04-19-2009

So it was another of the reasons

- awaisaftab - 04-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />So it was another of the reasons
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

About which person you are talking and about which reason.

Regards,

Awais

- Schuaeb - 04-23-2009

Nothing related to the thread, the person bout whom I was talking might have understood.