Accountancy Forum
Deloitte Articleship Entrance Test - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Deloitte Articleship Entrance Test (/showthread.php?tid=5661)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- A R - 04-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by URDanka</i>
<br />Interview went well..

No Technical stuff.. which i was expecting (since i read all IAS and stuff =_=')

Anyway.. Highly Informal Interview comprising of

1 You and your Family.
2 Why Accounting / Auditing? Look out on your grades? Why didn't you cleared in required time ect ect? First Attempts paper and stuff..
3 Why Deloitte?
4 What do you know about us?
5 Where do you want to go from here? Which field?

Couple of other questions that were asked were Where did you apply before and any interview calls from there or not?

ect ect.

That's about it .. nothing technical as per..

Finally.. Beware ACCA Students..
They will ask you or in fact they think it's NATURAL that you're going to enroll in C.A. Program if you join their firm..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">what was the duration of the interview...and what things in your view should we consider before answering? Good luck by the way...are they telling the result on the spot or same standard answer, HR will inform u in a week?

- URDanka - 04-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A R</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by URDanka</i>
<br />Interview went well..

No Technical stuff.. which i was expecting (since i read all IAS and stuff =_=')

Anyway.. Highly Informal Interview comprising of

1 You and your Family.
2 Why Accounting / Auditing? Look out on your grades? Why didn't you cleared in required time ect ect? First Attempts paper and stuff..
3 Why Deloitte?
4 What do you know about us?
5 Where do you want to go from here? Which field?

Couple of other questions that were asked were Where did you apply before and any interview calls from there or not?

ect ect.

That's about it .. nothing technical as per..

Finally.. Beware ACCA Students..
They will ask you or in fact they think it's NATURAL that you're going to enroll in C.A. Program if you join their firm..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">what was the duration of the interview...and what things in your view should we consider before answering? Good luck by the way...are they telling the result on the spot or same standard answer, HR will inform u in a week?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yaar .. I answered all questions honestly without any reservations.. It's up to you what you want to answer if you were asked these questions..

They asked me did you apply to other places? I said yes.. the guy who says no, is an idiot / Because that idiot thinks that two Guys sitting in front of him are idiots.. They asked if i had any priorities and why? I said yes KPMG, My brother used to work there so that firm has a sweet spot for me .. no other particular reason.. my aim was big4 firms from the start.. either them or i go commercial banking / institution.. he said fine..

They called 24 people yesterday, All ACCA.. giving them / allotting them 10m each.. that is everyone was called with 10 minutes interval from each other..

- URDanka - 04-22-2009

and yes they're not inducting ACCA's on the spot..

a guy from inside the firm told me that they're going to shortlist ACCA.. but may pick up CA on the spot..

Nearly, all other firms have inducted trainees themselves so they know that any one left now is probably not going anywhere else in the near future >

- A R - 04-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by URDanka</i>
<br />and yes they're not inducting ACCA's on the spot..

a guy from inside the firm told me that they're going to shortlist ACCA.. but may pick up CA on the spot..

Nearly, all other firms have inducted trainees themselves so they know that any one left now is probably not going anywhere else in the near future >
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">ok Great.....your replies were a great help.. thanks and good luck... do keep us posted if u get any further information ).. thanks once again..

- mr.4hm3d - 04-22-2009

i have heard tht they are selecting CA stdnts on conditional basis i.e they will b called only if they clear their mod D exams, i am ACCA nd i was also intrviwd almst abt 10 mins

- A R - 04-22-2009

Well thats pretty sad to read... can any one else also post some light over the issue... thanks mr.4hm3d for the news... if any one has further information regarding this plz post .......thanks to all... and good luck...

- amarlal78 - 04-22-2009

I am also an ACCA affiliate...and I was also interviewed yesterday...they asked me same questions as described above....and they told me that we have very short demand this time....and we will start offering from next week....I think test result's will also have an impact on selection....But I cant understand 1 thing, which is why they have called ACCA's 1st and not CA's...?? and there were no shortlisting from test regarding ACCA's, as all ACCA's who were present in test were called for interview....

- Rana Gohar - 04-23-2009

not only ACCA students were called.. one of my Frnd who is also a Ca student and he was interviewed on 21st....
i m not called uptill now.. and waitin anxiously for their call.
do any one knows here that till when they'll be callin??
and i also heared from delloite inner source that no one was interviewed on 22nd.. is it true??

- amarlal78 - 04-23-2009

As the interviewer told me that they will start offering from next week....that means all interviews would be conducted this week....so u can expect a call till this week...

- URDanka - 04-24-2009

The interviewer also pointed towards the files that were placed there and told me that they'll decide after seeing these people..

They were like in hundreds tbh..
You will get a call prolly..

- Rana Gohar - 04-24-2009

@URDanka yar thanx for motivating.....

- mr.4hm3d - 04-25-2009

are interviws over???

- amarlal78 - 04-27-2009

my friend (who is in deloitte) told me that only on last tuesday the interviews were conducted and they have not conducted interviews on any other day.... and he also told me that they have not yet decided that which persons to be selected...so may be we do not get any reply from deloitte till the end of this this week....

- mr.4hm3d - 04-27-2009

any idea how many people were interviwd tht day???

i thnk thy will cal ths week..

- URDanka - 04-27-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by amarlal78</i>
<br />my friend (who is in deloitte) told me that only on last tuesday the interviews were conducted and they have not conducted interviews on any other day.... and he also told me that they have not yet decided that which persons to be selected...so may be we do not get any reply from deloitte till the end of this this week....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hmm.. then i guess it'll take more time..