Accountancy Forum
immigration help needed - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: immigration help needed (/showthread.php?tid=5810)

immigration help needed - Zaigham ahmed Pirzada - 05-11-2009

salam 2 all,
i need ur help in immigration to canada or australia...
some one plz tell me its better to go there after MBA or its better to do MBA there??
and aslo tell me the pre request of immegration
REGARDS

- Toronto_Boy - 05-12-2009

Dear Zaigham

Both countries are good from immigration point of view, however, I personally prefer Canada over Australia, as one would always have strong chances to work and move in USA later in life after Canadian Citizenship. But again its personal choice.

If you satisfy immigration criteria and requirements, specially qualification requirements, then you may go BEFORE MBA and study for MBA there, but remember study in any foreign country is more expensive, time consuming, and efforts requiring in new country and because of new environment as compared to in your own home country like Pakistan.

On the other hand, if someone has completed at-least 16 year of education from Pakistan or professional designation like ACCA, these make life much easier in both countries i.e. Canada or Australia.

Please check pre-requisite for immigration of two countries on their relevant official immigration websites like;

http//www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

http//www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/immigrating-immigrer.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3&menu=L

http//www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/index.aspx?lang=eng

I would suggest you to keep increasing your education in Pakistan from immigration requirement (of country of your choice) point of view and also from which EDUCATION is NEEDED and ACCEPTED in new country for getting a reasonably good white collar job point of view. So your planning in Pakistan would save you from doing much efforts and study later in new country.

Please keep in mind that immigration is a vast subject, and I am not the expert on it. These are simply my views. You need a thorough search. Lot of resources are available on web and in Pakistan. Find out a solution that is according to your situation.

Though immigration process is long, time consuming, and sometimes seems difficult. But if you are really interested in it, then prepare yourself as per the requirements, and your objective would be achieved.

I hope it helps.

Best Wishes

- Zaigham ahmed Pirzada - 05-12-2009

sir thanx alot
can u tell me is it easy to get job there?? or its take some time??

- Zaigham ahmed Pirzada - 05-12-2009

plz guide me about masterz programe in pakistan....does a 2 years graduate have to be done 3 years masterz programe..? there is no way out??

- Toronto_Boy - 05-13-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zaigham ahmed Pirzada</i>
<br />sir thanx alot
can u tell me is it easy to get job there?? or its take some time??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Getting a blue collar job is easy that gives an immigrant initial base to depend on himself in initial period rather than on Government assistance and to spend money on day to day expenses like food and rent rather than using prior savings that an immigrant brings.

Getting a white collar job is quite difficult, depending on several factors like how marketable an applicant's qualification and experience is, number of resumes per day sent to employers, level of efforts, overall personality, communication skills, and most importantly LUCK of the applicant. Usually, it takes time (months or most of the time years) to get a good white collar job. Most of the people with responsibilities and age give-up hope, and settle down somewhere.

- Toronto_Boy - 05-13-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zaigham ahmed Pirzada</i>
<br />plz guide me about masterz programe in pakistan....does a 2 years graduate have to be done 3 years masterz programe..? there is no way out??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you are in Karachi, there are lot of masters programs available these days. Pick any RELEVANT from immigration point of view, like MBA or anything else.

2 years or 3 years do not matter. Usually, total 16 years of RELEVANT education gives maximum numbers to qualify for immigration. So, any combination of 2 or 3 years of degree after Intermediate (i.e. 12 years of schooling) would be fine, as long as overall length of relevant education is 16 years.

Please check Canadian immigration websites I provided for further details. There are different combinations and length of schooling that may suite you.

- dreamsunlimited - 05-13-2009

Hi Toronto boy,

Thanks for sharing some valuable information.

Will appreciate if you could provide me a quick feedback on the job prospects for CA (ICAP) qualified with 7 years of experience mainly in practice (big four firms) across four/five countries. I guess Canada is due to adopt IFRS, therefore, the demand for IFRS professionals should rise? what do u think?

Well, I'm also planning to do CPA and hopefully will be over with it (Insha'Allah) before applying for immigration. What are the job prospects in (preferably) Vancouver or other parts. How much pay can one expect? Will that be enough to live with a family? Any other information u provide in this regard would be highly appreciated.

- Toronto_Boy - 05-14-2009

Dear dreamsunlimited

There are many aspects of your questions and answers need many considerations. However, I would try to reply you in brief and in general sense.

Canadian job market is highly competitive because immigration is basically SKILL based. So each year almost 300,000 professionals from alomost all the countries immigrate to Canada, including designated accountants. Canadian Universities/colleges and associations also produce large number of graduates each year. Total Canadian population is small and divided between English and French. So limits job opportunities for Pakistani immigrants who do not know French.

Still, as CA (of ICAP) with 7 years experience in Big 4s, I personally think you have strong chances to secure a reasonable accounting job (either in public accounting or in industry) in relatively short period as compared to other applicants. How quickly, depends upon the factors I have already mentioned in one of the above posts on this thread.

Adoption of IFRS, in my opinion, is not going to create a surge of demand in North America, because you may notice that ALL North American accounting associations are already providing transitionary courses and qualifications like IFRS Diploma etc. to accountants working in North America. Moreover, very large proportion of immigrant accountants who are already in jobs here, were already trained on IFRS with relevant designations, based on which they came here. Similarly, deadlines are still away. Further, this would be a transitionary phase that would use parallel shifting to new requirements, and not a sudden cutoff. It is not going to create a knowledge "gap", like the one was created world wide in early to mid 90's due to advent of internet and new technologies. Also, frankly speaking, once you would do CPA, you would notice that almost all IFRS are UK or rest of the world's version of US GAAP. End of the day, it is basically US whose share in research and development of every field of knowledge, including accounting, is incomparably largest. Principles, standards, reasoning, and treatments are almost same. So, in North American job market, in presence of accountants trained on US or Canadian GAAP, transition is not going to create a big change.

CPA would off-course help you here.

You may search job prospects and salary levels in Vancouver or in other parts through following job sites. Restrict search criteria as per cities/ areas. Some people say Alberta, Calgary, and Admonton also have good opportunities.

http//www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/WorkLoginView&lang=EN&theme=work

http//jobsearch.monster.ca/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_n=olmsrchcatm

The real beauty of this system and country is that an immigrant can live a reasonably good life and afford things (like car and housing with family) even working at minimum wage level. Medical and kids schooling is free. So, minimum money to start a life and live with a family is not an obstacle or consideration.

Experts suggest that best time to come here is in March or April when Spring starts, so one would have maximum time to settle before next winter. I personally know people who came in winter and left within in a month. Similarly, it is also suggested that male should come first and alone, and family and kids should come 4 to 6 months later, once the male head of family is settled in initial 4 to 6 months and makes a set-up for family/kids. These are not hard and fast rules, but just suggestions to keep the initial difficulties level low.

Following link may help you to some extent, however, it is not intended to start any unnecessary debate.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=6286

I hope it helps.

Best Wishes

- salman13 - 05-15-2009

hmmm

can u help me out

Can u tell me that is there Jobs Available who are CAT Qualified

B/c my friend want to Study there ACCA but he want to Complete CAT 1st so that he can do part time work there

I will be looking 4ward 4 ur Reply

Allah hafiz

- Toronto_Boy - 05-15-2009

Dear salman 13

Please search for the jobs or their availability for any specific qualification through the website links I have provided in one of the above posts.

Regards

- dreamsunlimited - 05-17-2009

Thanks Toronoto boy....A quick question

What is the statuts of CIA? Is it considered as a mainstream qualification? Is it possible to get a job solely on the basis of CIA. I heard that CICA recognize CIA.

Regards,

- Toronto_Boy - 05-17-2009

Dear dreamsunlimited

I think CIA alone is quite capable if someone has relevant experience, especially Canadian experience. In any case, it makes a very good combination with other qualifications too. It is quite acceptable here. Yes I think CICA has formal acceptance arrangement with CIA thesedays, however everyone regards CIA due to its own value. Such arrangement improves acceptance of CIA by Canadian CAs in top management, so in that sense, it improves CIA's value further. So, it is good to have CIA.

You may see many job opportunities for CIA on above job links.

Regards

- Tezz - 12-22-2009

Hi Toronto Boy,

In past 2 days i have gone through the forum and its gr8 to see ur efforts in guiding and helping people in an outstanding way.

I'm currently stuck and tired with my life, want to get out of my 12 hour tiring job and have a fresh start by applying for canadian immigration.

I completed my graduation(2 year B.COM Private) in 2004 and then started ACCA, completed till part 2 by end of 2005 and as had to stand up and support my family started doing a full time job in finance dept of multinational Bank and currently ending up without any further progress in ACCA.

Following is the current position of my education and experience.

Education (B.COM Private)+ ACCA Part 2
Experience 4years, currently at Asst. manager level.

Kindly advise whether as per the above credentials i would be able to get canadian immigration.
I have evaluated points by the cic website and it qualifies me at the required 67 points but after meeting a number of consultants in which half of them were convinced with my qualification/experience and half of them were of the opinion that 2 year private B.COM will not suffice the eligible qualification requirement.

Looking forward to get some advise and your personal experience on this to resolve this confusion or kindly refer any canadian immigration lawyer or consultant who could be of any help in resolving this query.

Regards

- Toronto_Boy - 12-22-2009

Dear Tezz

As I have written many times that I am not an immigration expert, so whatever I say is just on basis of my personal experience. Moreover, immigration related details have become a far past to me so I don't have much handy info. I would suggest you to ask your question at following forum. There are many good people there who would, hopefully, help you.

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=138&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1&title=skilled-worker-independent-immigration For CHC Islamabada applicants

By the way, if you wanna come to Canada, then why don't you prepare yourself according to educational requirements. Why don't you complete any related masters degree (part time or evenings) from any reputable university.

Similarly, if you just wanna come to Canada to get rid of 12 hrs job, then perhaps you should not consider coming to Canada, because life would be much more difficult here specially to construct career again from scratch. Perhaps life appears very "cool" in Canada while being in Pakistan, but I assure you that you must have to pay big price for this "coolness" in terms of much more hardwork than 12 hours job.

I hope you would not feel any offence by my words, but simply I wanna introduce some fact realization.

All the best for you life.